• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

calder

Apocalypse looks pretty bad to me too but I'll probably go see it one weekend anyway. I've developed a love of going to the matinee's by myself late in a movies run so I can go to a VIP theatre and not feel dumb about wasting money on what seems to be a mediocre movie.

Speaking of, I know it'll suck but I'm totally going to go see the Warcraft movie. As someone who spent hundreds and hundreds of hours playing WoW I feel like I'll be entertained even if the movie is shit... and the trailers sure do look shit.

calder

omg zroid, have you seen the new Dimitri Filipovic article?

Measuring performance by defencemen through the neutral zone
This brings us to the “Net Neutral Zone Scores” charted below, which is based on an aggregate total that combines the two aforementioned components. While it’s a figure that’ll certainly require tinkering and contextual adjustments in the future, for now it can serve as a proxy for identifying how well individual defencemen have controlled their blueline. In the simplest terms: it’s a ballpark estimate for the number of pucks that cleanly move across the blueline and through the neutral zone whenever a specific player is directly involved in the play.

Screen-Shot-2016-06-08-at-11.16.56-AM.png

(The numbers are updated all of the way through the Conference Finals, and include only players who appeared in 5+ games this post-season. For a frame of reference: Upper Right Quadrant = Good, Bottom Left Quadrant = Bad.)

Hmm, I guess that Gostisbehere might actually be ok. And who is the lucky team that's going to get to steal one of the Ducks great young dmen if their cap situation is as bad as it seems?

omg zroid, have you seen the new Dimitri Filipovic article?

Screen-Shot-2016-06-08-at-11.16.56-AM.png

(The numbers are updated all of the way through the Conference Finals, and include only players who appeared in 5+ games this post-season. For a frame of reference: Upper Right Quadrant = Good, Bottom Left Quadrant = Bad.)

Hmm, I guess that Gostisbehere might actually be ok. And who is the lucky team that's going to get to steal one of the Ducks great young dmen if their cap situation is as bad as it seems?

GHOST BEAR TOPPING CHARTS

GHOST MOTHER FUCKING BEAR

also no surprise at Andy Mac being the exact opposite lol

fallout

Man... Apocalypse was such a shit movie.
It was mediocre, but it also pandered to my X-Men nostalgia, so I'd give it a pass.

Also, I barely remember Olivia Munn even being in it. I think she might have had two lines of dialog and a few minor combat scenes.

Quick

Banned
Apocalypse looks pretty bad

I didn't like his size. Should've been bigger, at least a couple of feet taller. He looked ridiculous having all that armour on while the rest of the horsemen didn't have anything as padded. He looked like a really elaborate cosplay.

Moose, gg.

That one match of almost all Torbs was annoying. I couldn't do anything.

And that one guy really hated Mei, lol. He was being an asshole so I blocked him. :D

Haha yeah that guy was getting really mad at my roommate.

The Torb game was bad, I wish people wouldn't do gimmicky stuff like that.

You guys on Xbone?

I recently got it and started playing. I dunno why but I really like playing Mercy when defending even though everyone says Lucio is better overall :s

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I have no idea how Olivia Munn managed to get any acting gigs, there are plenty of other hot women out there who can actually land a line or two. Must be hookups or something like that.

You guys on Xbone?

I recently got it and started playing. I dunno why but I really like playing Mercy when defending even though everyone says Lucio is better overall :s
I'm playing quite a bit on xbone right now, if you want to party sometime just inbox me your GT. I play a lot of Reinhardt / Torbs.

You guys on Xbone?

We're playing on PC.

You'd think I'd be on Xbox when I talk about Halo a lot, but that's about all I play on that.

imBask

Banned
honestly, i'd rather have Crash in skylanders than a new Crash game. Crash was never good, never will be

and lolcanes

zroid

Banned
It seems so obvious in retrospect. The entire premise of Skylanders began with Spyro, so what took them so long to put Crash in? Only surprising thing is this didn't happen years ago.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
You guys on Xbone?

PC, like Moose said.

Lucio is love. He's my main, with Junkrat as my second.

I'm trying to learn some other characters though.

imBask

Banned
Why do you all hate the Penguins? I mean other than Jhonny who has a legitimate reason, it's an honest question

the reasons I can think of :
1- They sucked for years and drafted great players because of that (but then again Chicago did the same...)
2- They have both Crosby and Malkin and... jealousy?
3-???

Quick

Banned
Why do you all hate the Penguins? I mean other than Jhonny who has a legitimate reason, it's an honest question

1- They sucked for years and drafted great players because of that (but then again Chicago did the same...)
3-???

I don't hate the Pens, I'm just waiting on next season. :(

Yawnier

Banned

3-???

I don't hate the penguins, but I'm not crazy over them either. I really only care for Kessel raising the cup tonight

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

3-???

Who doesn't hate their divisional rivals?

imBask

Banned
alright, I don't know there's a lot of hate for them and I don't get why, everyone prefers the fraudulent heartless team, I find it hard to comprehend

Who doesn't hate their divisional rivals?

you also have a decent reason, that's what I meant, outside of you guys

Red_Man

My hate for the Pens is a carry over from how obnoxious the fan base was for a long time after their last cup win + the roster was just really unlikeable. This current Pens team is the most likeable one in forever, but I still just don't like the Pens.

Quick

Banned
I really only care for Kessel raising the cup tonight

845380.gif

My hate for the Pens is a carry over from how obnoxious the fan base was for a long time after their last cup win + the roster was just really unlikeable. This current Pens team is the most likeable one in forever, but I still just don't like the Pens.

I've been rethinking this whole bandwagon thing for some time now, and it's actually kind of cool to see new fans support teams like the Pens and Blackhawks after some turbulent times. Obnoxious and fairweather fans are a consequence, but it's best to really just ignore them. I might just be getting soft though.

I never really hated their roster. My most memorable moment from their Cup-winning roster is HBO 24/7, and Fleury calling Max Talbot a douche like a little kid.

huh..gif

imBask

Banned
idk who you leafs fans do that, if we paid half of Subban's salary to win the cup with the Pens i'd be fucking furious

y'all have the battered person syndrome

HE NEVER LIKED YOU

Yawnier

Banned
Coyotes offering 7th and 20th overall plus one of Domi/Dvorak for 1st overall.

Yeah I just saw this tweet:

@MurphysLaw74

According to same source, Coyotes would trade their 2 1st rd picks + either Max Domi or Christian Dvorak for right to draft Auston Matthews

I don't know if this Jimmy Murphy guy is reliable though so I take it with a grain of salt.

Red_Man

And your source for this is what? A janitor that works for the Coyotes who posts on Hfboards?

Edit: Lol Jimmy Murphy is a fucking fraud and has never been proven right, he also said there was a good chance Therrien would be fired after we lost to the Bruins last season and we lost and he's still here

Yawnier

Banned
It's hilarious seeing the army of Leafs fans and like all 3 Coyotes fans fight over this on HFBoards though.

God damn, they are a salty bunch over there.

Quick

Banned
idk who you leafs fans do that, if we paid half of Subban's salary to win the cup with the Pens i'd be fucking furious

HE NEVER LIKED YOU

It's weird, I admit. I think the majority of fans that I've encountered label Kessel as a bad guy, along with Phaneuf and whatever comparisons you can make to the Muskoka Five. But most of these people clearly eat Steve Simmons' hot dogs, along with the media in general.

His work ethic was already under scrutiny during his slumps, but it got worse as the season went on, and even more when Kessel decided to bitch at the media at their treatment of Phaneuf. Kessel went full villain at that point with how they painted him.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong and I really do have battered person syndrome. D:

Wat.

Foggy

Creeper's minions are gaining power.

I don't think anyone in the top 3 would trade for that even if it was true.

At #7 you could get a decent defenceman, say top 4 quality.

At #20 you might get a bottom six forward.

Domi had a decent rookie season. Dvorak was a second round pick.

None have the franchise tag of Matthews.

I think any offer from Arizona would need OEL.

Cake Boss

Banned
Can't wait for HFBoards to close down so gamingnoob stops posts their crappy rumors here.

I will rather have Creepers trade proposals than HFboards one.

zroid

Banned

HE NEVER LIKED YOU

we are furious though. At the shit stain local media who ragged on him for years, and the moronic fans who lapped up their garbage and threw their jerseys on the ice.

Phil winning the Cup, and especially if he wins the Conn Smythe, is the ultimate "fuck you" to all of them

Red_Man

Jimmy Murphy has never put out a rumour that ended up being true, just ignore this. He's a shitty beat writer from Boston, if this were true McKenzie or Friedman would have sniffed it out before this bum.

fallout

3-???
As other have said, it's a lot less about it being the Penguins (unless if you're a Flyers fan) and more about it not being your team. Also, I feel like the "better" story was San Jose finally winning a Cup.

That said, there's a lot to like about the Penguins right now. Lots of depth players doing well, Crosby being a real leader, Kessel's success, Murray coming out of nowhere as the rookie goalie in the hardest position possible.

Top Bottom