• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Socreges

Banned
No knock against Sutter, he's a very different player than Kadri.

But the 4.35 aav he's getting seems a bit high for a guy who's peak production is 30ish points. Maybe it improves next year when he's healthy and actually gets 2nd line minutes?
Should improve. But it's still a bizarre contract.

yyzjohn

Banned
I still don't like Andi Petrillo on Leafs lunch. Ugh, listening today for the first time in weeks and I see now why I stopped listening.

yyzjohn

Banned
is it because she's a WOMEN HUH?!!?!?!66161

Nah, going from Hayes who is super knowledgeable in all sports and carries great conversation to her, it's a huge downgrade for me. I do agree with others though that her co-hosts need to be better too.

Leafs Lunch was pretty rough during it's early months/1st year too. It didn't reach a point where it was consistently listenable until maybe sometime early last year?

zroid

Banned
Wow fuck of Andi "he can be that 4th line guy you need in the playoffs" (Regarding Kadri) the hell is she smoking

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nah, going from Hayes who is super knowledgeable in all sports and carries great conversation to her, it's a huge downgrade for me. I do agree with others though that her co-hosts need to be better too.

I think that's why they cut the show down to 1 hour. There's less to talk about.

Wow fuck of Andi "he can be that 4th line guy you need in the playoffs" (Regarding Kadri) the hell is she smoking

You guys need a Tony Marinaro for Leafs Lunch. Someone who is loud, obnoxious, Italian, and loves The Leafs. Now where can they find someone like that in Toronto?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

She's right.

Stamkos
Nylander
Matthews
Kadri?

It all adds up...but wait shit she didn't factor in Tavares in her scenario.

nevermind you're right man, she is smoking something weird.

She's right.

Stamkos
Nylander
Matthews
Kadri?

It all adds up...but wait shit she didn't factor in Tavares in her scenario.

nevermind you're right man, she is smoking something weird.

Tavares can play the 5 C aka the goalie since the goal is in the middle of the ice

Still haven't been able to listen to Leafs Lunch. I really need headphones at work.

Overdrive is hilarious though, if that's what Leafs Lunch was like...those are some high expectations.

yyzjohn

Banned
I enjoy those guys but ugh as a basketball fan there are so few shows that care to talk about it.

Literally I have Tim & Sid and Cauz & Wheeler, nobody else gives a damn.

I like how the three guys on Overdrive interact with each other but fuck does Noodles have to start watching other sports. Hey Noodles not every sports topic can be related back to hockey.

zroid

Banned
I enjoy those guys but ugh as a basketball fan there are so few shows that care to talk about it.

Literally I have Tim & Sid and Cauz & Wheeler, nobody else gives a damn.
590 has some good Raptors shows, but they're all podcasts or like weekend / evening stuff.

yyzjohn

Banned
Hahaha lord help Dreger if Stamkos gets drunk and signs with the Leafs.

He's so adamant about it.

He's hedging a good bet. I don't really think the Leafs are targeting him despite what the rumors are. His age, his slip in production and his recent injuries all go against giving this guy a 10+ million contract for 7 years. He's a good fit for a team that's ready to compete now not the Leafs. Dreger wants to show people he's a true insider and he's sticking to his guns about Stamkos not signing here.

Delryk

Marlies looking like crap today.. all them players coming back from the NHL and now they can't complete a pass... lol.

I say this and now they score... :)

imBask

Banned
I would take a Chance on Stamkos... But he'd be playing on the 3rd line with Eller and Brian Flynn

are you kidding me creeper? we've been searching for a #1 center for as long as I can remember... now a 25 year old, two times maurice richard winning center is available for FREE and you want to take a "chance" on him?

This is the guy we need, who cares about the money we'll deal with it later, his contract can be paid by removing Desharnais and Plekanec, both of which are disposable by now

WE NEED STAMCOCK

are you kidding me creeper? we've been searching for a #1 center for as long as I can remember... now a 25 year old, two times maurice richard winning center is available for FREE and you want to take a "chance" on him?

This is the guy we need, who cares about the money we'll deal with it later, his contract can be paid by removing Desharnais and Plekanec, both of which are disposable by now

WE NEED STAMCOCK

Yes but does he grind? Remember we are a grinding team

LevelNth

Banned
Looks like both the Rielly and Kadri deals have limited NTCs on the latter portions of the deals. They can submit a 10 team list of teams they don't want to be traded to.

imBask

Banned
Stamkos-AGally would be a sick centre duo, but who the fuck gets stuck with Byron and Eller on their wing?

again this is a backward question, you get Stamkos and THEN you deal with the wingers. The new core would be Price, Subban and Stamkos, THEN you act fast and build around those to win right now

Solo

Frankly, I don't want to go anywheres near a 7 year, $10M per Stamkos either, with his health concerns.

BUT, it would signify to me that management is actually trying to build a winning team, and as such I'd support it.

imBask

Banned
you're all crazy, if you want to wait for another #1 center with ZERO health concerns available as a UFA because this one isn't perfect enough, i'll talk to you guys in 25 years

yyzjohn

Banned
Frankly, I don't want to go anywheres near a 7 year, $10M per Stamkos either, with his health concerns.

BUT, it would signify to me that management is actually trying to build a winning team, and as such I'd support it.

Be more like 7 years @12M per which you would have no issues paying after you dump Subban @ $9M + Eller @3.5M

Solo

you're all crazy, if you want to wait for another #1 center with ZERO health concerns available as a UFA because this one isn't perfect enough, i'll talk to you guys in 25 years

I'm just saying, he hasn't been the same player production-wise since the broken leg. Whether that's due to the loss of MSL, or some other factor, I cannot say.

All this is irrelevant anyways - we all KNOW our franchise never gets in on the big boys. MB either wont even offer a contract, or his contract with be a joke of one compared to other suitors. Stamkos stays in Tampa or goes elsewhere that isn't Montreal.

Top Bottom