• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Is the EA conference still going on or is it over? I missed it (just got home)

it's over. You missed nothing. They had awesome stuff they could have showed but they didn't show shit really. Titanfall looks cool, a new game called Fe looks cool and BAttlefield 1 looks cool

Yawnier

Banned
it's over. You missed nothing. They had awesome stuff they could have showed but they didn't show shit really. Titanfall looks cool, a new game called Fe looks cool and BAttlefield 1 looks cool

Ah okay. I just checked the conference thread on gaming side and saw that most people aren't happy

Wanted to mainly check out Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 gameplay/trailers, or whatever they showed for both of those.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
As a Canadian, it's really incredible to see how ingrained gun ownership and the rights to firearms are in the lives of so many Americans. Even going in that thread, you see so many posters claiming gun control isn't the solution and won't change anything, it's something else considering this board is so liberal.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
As a Canadian, it's really incredible to see how ingrained gun ownership and the rights to firearms are in the lives of so many Americans. Even going in that thread, you see so many posters claiming gun control isn't the solution and won't change anything, it's something else considering this board is so liberal.

And here I am wanting even more gun control in canada.

I would prefer to never see a gun ever

Razorskin

----- ------

It's not a hobby, it's a right.

Red_Man

Question I've been thinking of: Who's the last Stanley Cup winner to be built around their defensemen?

I was thinking Anaheim maybe? Although they were equally stacked at forward.

Looking at teams like Pittsburgh and Chicago (last year when they had 4 healthy D), I'm really starting to think the position isn't as important as we think.

I've been watching old games to try to better understand what makes a good defenseman as well. And I really think a defenseman like Hampus Lindholm is a solid prototype. He's literally always in a great position to pokecheck the puck away, intercept a shot, make a first pass, etc. I think a defenseman should be more of a facilitator for the team forwards.
Having a legitimate #1 guy who can play close to 30 minutes in the playoffs is the key. Just look at the Pens, Letang is carrying that defense, otherwise it's pretty shitty. If you have that one guy, it will balance out, Letang, Keith, Doughty, Chara all from the past cup winners.

Red_Man

ME 1 is one my all time favourite games, never got around to playing the 3rd which seems like a good thing.

Foggy

At least the season is finally over. Thank god.

At least I won't have to hear PensGAF gloat because 95% of them will disappear until 10 months from now.

Top Bottom