• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Quick

Banned
https://twitter.com/KevinWeekes/status/745245410281787392

Keep an eye on @AnaheimDucks potentially moving one of their good young D. Plenty of market interest esp on Fowler. @NHL @NHLNetwork

GifyAUY.gif

Calamari41

41 > 38
I mean, I'm not against using Fowler in a trade in principle, but we'd better get something really good out of it. None of this "for picks" bullshit.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I think Poland goes through. Sorry Smelly :(

I wouldnt be surprised. It will all depend on whether we actually manage to score a goal. I say whoever scores first wins. We can be defensively sound but if we go down 1-0 we have to open up and will likely lose higher. If we somehow manage to score one we can win. We dominated Romania and deserved a win but couldnt score more than one. We played well against France and had much higher possession than them and could have won (and deserved a penalty kick...) but just couldnt score. Bane of our existence.

I wouldnt be surprised. It will all depend on whether we actually manage to score a goal. I say whoever scores first wins. We can be defensively sound but if we go down 1-0 we have to open up and will likely lose higher. If we somehow manage to score one we can win. We dominated Romania and deserved a win but couldnt score more than one. We played well against France and had much higher possession than them and could have won (and deserved a penalty kick...) but just couldnt score. Bane of our existence.

I could easily see it go to extra time too but I think Lewa finally wakes up. Not that he is gonna score 5 or whatever but I see a 3-1 win for Poland.

With that being said I wouldn't be surprised if Switzerland win. I just think Poland has been playing a little bit better and have the better team overall. Should be an interesting game nonetheless.

Now I am hoping for a Croatian win over Spain.

Smiley90

I could easily see it go to extra time too but I think Lewa finally wakes up. Not that he is gonna score 5 or whatever but I see a 3-1 win for Poland.

With that being said I wouldn't be surprised if Switzerland win. I just think Poland has been playing a little bit better and have the better team overall. Should be an interesting game nonetheless.

Now I am hoping for a Croatian win over Spain.

My money would be on am extra time Poland win too. Here's to hope!

(Shades of 2014, where Argentina eliminated us by breaking the 0-0 tie in the 118th minute ._.) ARGENTINA.

imBask

Banned
Yuros talking about their dumb tournament when the only player that matters is playing the only tournament that matters, Copa America

Smiley90

What's this? FootballGAF?

Dude you're in Europe, watch what you say or you might get stoned.

Also, football/soccer is the second-best sport on the planet so I don't see anything wrong with it.

Yuros talking about their dumb tournament when the only player that matters is playing the only tournament that matters, Copa America

POR QUE NO LOS DOS

I guess if it comes down to it, I'd rather have Lindholm than Fowler. But it better be a helluva return for Fowler who has been pretty great the last couple seasons and grown to be a leader for the D corps. Plus we keep pairing him up with the likes of Lovejoy, Bieksa, and Despres and he basically carries his unit.

imBask

Banned
you're so wrong

Worlds > Euros/Copa > Major european leagues (England, Spain, Germany, maybe France/Italy) > rest of world leagues

yeaaaah I know i'm playing around, I only follow MLS because we have a team and I have no binding with any of the euro team, being 100% canadian

you're so wrong

Worlds > Euros/Copa > Major european leagues (England, Spain, Germany, maybe France/Italy) > rest of world leagues

The Serie A is still fun to watch. I love it. So put that league in there.

Also with these trades happening... Anyone want Schultz, Andy Mac n' Cheese or Streit?

Socreges

Banned
Alright this thread is interesting with all the trade talk but I'll have to bow out diring the day to avoid Euro spoilers 😓

Cake Boss

Banned
I guess if it comes down to it, I'd rather have Lindholm than Fowler. But it better be a helluva return for Fowler who has been pretty great the last couple seasons and grown to be a leader for the D corps. Plus we keep pairing him up with the likes of Lovejoy, Bieksa, and Despres and he basically carries his unit.

Give you Hoffbae for Lipbalm. 😘

Solo

All these trades and trade talk and, as usual, Habs stand pat.

2012+NHL+Entry+Draft+Round+One+zD6eSi-Yq7Jm.jpg

"We call it addition by doing absolutely nothing at all"

Yawnier

Banned
@mirtle

Leafs cap situation is tight with Andersen in mix. They're dedicating 25% of salary to Lupul, Bernier, Bozak, Robidas right now.

There have to be more moves coming for Toronto. Especially if they want to make another big addition.

By "tight' I mean about $6-million or so in space. It's not nothing, but it's not enough to add an elite free agent centre.

Fucking Dave Nonis, man

imBask

Banned
he'll end up in Chicago and they'll win yet another cup, meanwhile here we """"""""don't have the cap space"""""""" for Stamkos

Leafs close the season against Columbus? On a Sunday? What is this garbage.

edit: And the last Canadian team they play against is Montreal on Feb. 25th.

Yawnier

Banned
How are the Leafs planning to sign Stamkos with 6 mio?

Well yeah that's basically what Mirtle just said. Would have to move a contract or two, which good luck with that since most teams are also trying to clear cap space as well.

But I don't think Stammer is coming here anyways.

Socreges

Banned
How so? Do you watch all the games in the evening?
I record and watch what I can after work. I'll speed watch most but try and watch the entirety of the games I care about, like Spain. And probably whatever elimination games I can make time for.

I ventured back in and will leave unscathed.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Trade Lupul and Bozak. Robidas is probably going to Retire and Trade Bernier to Calgary for Orito.

Robidas is a 35+ contract meaning his cap stays forever

Lupul trade would require retention... and pronger isn't in the league anymore

Bernier has negative value

Bozak can probably be traded and is likely to be moved if the Leafs are targeting stamkos.

Edit: ahaha MLSE is fighting with snoop dogg over is his cannabis brand

Well yeah that's basically what Mirtle just said. Would have to move a contract or two, which good luck with that since most teams are also trying to clear cap space as well.

But I don't think Stammer is coming here anyways.

Robidas is a 35+ contract meaning his cap stays forever

Lupul trade would require retention... and pronger isn't in the league anymore

Bernier has negative value

Bozak can probably be traded and is likely to be moved if the Leafs are targeting stamkos.

After trading Stanley Cup Kessel, Captain Pylon, and Lemon Clarkson, anything is possible.

Top Bottom