• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pierre Lebrun on @TSN690 re: the #Habs: "It would not surprise me if something tangible happens this week, if not the next 14 days."
So we're definitely picking at 9

zroid

Banned
Looks like the Leafs are going touring a bit this upcoming pre-season

They have games scheduled in each of Halifax (vs Ott), Saskatoon (vs Ott), St. Catharines (vs Buf), and Hamilton (vs Det)

Alucard

Banned
Pens reportedly asking for the Flames' first round pick (6th overall) if the Flames want Fleury. Not sure how I feel about this given that Murray was protected by a ton of shot blocking and solid D on the ride to the Cup.

Quick

Banned

They have games scheduled in each of Halifax (vs Ott), Saskatoon (vs Ott), St. Catharines (vs Buf), and Hamilton (vs Det)

No London either, which has been a yearly staple almost.

Red_Man

Pens reportedly asking for the Flames' first round pick (6th overall) if the Flames want Fleury. Not sure how I feel about this given that Murray was protected by a ton of shot blocking and solid D on the ride to the Cup.
You wouldn't jump all over the 6th overall pick for Fleury? Lmao, Schneider is 10 times the goalie Fleury is and fetched a 9th pick.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Can't forget the rookie tournament in london and prospect camp in niagara

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This can't be real

ClhQKMAUYAASCNj.jpg

It's Fox Sports. What else do you expect?

Foggy

Wait what, you're unsure of this? This is a crazy steal for the Pens if the Flames were insane enough to go with this, especially since Pens are bargaining from a position of weakness.

Ranked play is up? If we all play our cards right, we could end up with someone who will buy us loot boxes each month! With the small price of nudes.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ranked play is up? If we all play our cards right, we could end up with someone who will buy us loot boxes each month! With the small price of nudes.

I'm okay with that

see my post that kat quoted, it's on the public test server that went live today

My Pharah is #360 globally in score/min. Far and away my best character but I barely play her cause I just don't find it that fun unless there's an opposing Pharah to shut down.

Red_Man

Ever since I got the yeti legendary skin for Mei, I've been playing her quite a bit and can see why everyone hates her so much.

I mostly play Tracer and Hanzo, Pharah is probably who I'll play heavily next.
You're one of those.

Ever since I got the yeti legendary skin for Mei, I've been playing her quite a bit and can see why everyone hates her so much.

You're one of those.
:lol I have 28 hours as Tracer and 8 hours of Hanzo or something like that. I only pick it when it's viable and there aren't other snipers, etc... I also have a SSD so I load first and pick first.

Red_Man

:lol I have 28 hours as Tracer and 8 hours of Hanzo or something like that. I only pick it when it's viable and there aren't other snipers, etc... I also have an SSD so I load first and pick first.
I just hate Hanzo because 80% of the time people choose him they don't know how to play him or pick him on the worst map / game type combination. Genji is easily the worst / most annoying hero though.

Marvie_3

Banned
i think it's still payable because it's 35+

Also without using LTIR, we could get stamkos without much roster movement which is pretty rad

(totally not carrying a 23 man roster though)
They wouldnt have to pay him. 35+ contracts just mean the cap hit doesnt go away.

With the new cap and floor, even with the Goligoski signing, the Yotes have just over 14M under the floor. Even with the given RFAs and even Doan, will they even reach the floor? It's kind of insane.

Socreges

Banned
With the new cap and floor, even with the Goligoski signing, the Yotes have just over 14M under the floor. Even with the given RFAs and even Doan, will they even reach the floor? It's kind of insane.
Something tells me there's enough shit going around for Phoenix to pick up.

Luca Sbisa for example.

Having the Oilers anywhere in the top 3 isn't ideal to me either. What I meant by the above, though, is that I could live with it/be okay with it, because the Leafs would be first.

I'd like to see it be something like:

Toronto
Carolina/Colorado
Calgary
Edmonton

I don't care about hockey, but I care about my hometown.. and you were the Prophet with this post to Toronto, fam!

*salute* 😍 😍

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I don't care about hockey, but I care about my hometown.. and you were the Prophet with this post to Toronto, fam!

*salute* 😍 😍

I'm very confused by this post

Since when is predicting the Leafs finishing last being a prophet? Am I a prophet for saying Tabris' next post is going to be a bigger pile of shit than the one that clogged Creeper's toilet?

Yawnier

Banned
would the Leafs want to trade Horton's contract to Phoenix?

Yeah they probably would, LTIR contracts can sometimes be a pain in the ass to maneuver with with the cap in the off-season

Phoenix wouldn't take it on though. The contract itself isn't insured and MLSE still has like another 20 million that they have to pay Horton not to play hockey with until that contract ends in like 4 years.

zroid

Banned
The fact they haven't traded for Datsyuk already must mean they're really trying to squeeze Detroit and hope Kenny bites

Top Bottom