• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

zroid

Banned
Time for Lupul to be mysteriously affiliated with a long-term injury.
On SDP the other day Chris Johnston was talking about how Lupul "wants to play" and "feels healthy" so Lou might need to get creative if he wants to send him to Robidas Island

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I record and watch what I can after work. I'll speed watch most but try and watch the entirety of the games I care about, like Spain. And probably whatever elimination games I can make time for.

I ventured back in and will leave unscathed.

aah makes sense - I just watch the games I care about (aka only Switzerland) at work and hope nobody notices. :lol

EDIT; WATCH OUT SOC SPOILERS BELOW ME :lol

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Pronger is still contracted to Arizona for one more season.

Robidas retiring would be bad for the Leafs. You can't LTIR a retired player, and his contract was an over 35 one.

well... I don't think the Leafs are going to ever put robidas on LTIR... simply because I don't think they'd have any case for it lol

Smiley90

PERISIC!!!!!

Wow huge goal

Fuck Spain. I can't stand their team. I want to like them but they make it so hard by being insufferable assholes

that lower half is SAVAGE

jZCAPLS.png

Spain playing against Italy so slot them in there too.

And possibly Portugal :lol

Curufinwe

well... I don't think the Leafs are going to ever put robidas on LTIR... simply because I don't think they'd have any case for it lol

Isn't he the guy who broke his leg twice in one season right before the Leafs signed him? Surely there's an LTIR excuse they could use.

that lower half is SAVAGE

jZCAPLS.png

Spain playing against Italy so slot them in there too.

And possibly Portugal :lol

Yeah its gonna be a fun knockout round since anyone could come out of the either half. The dark horses are all in the top half and the powerhouses are on the bottom half.

Croatia will be the team to beat in the top half for sure. They should make it to the finals

Quick

Banned
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/patrick-kane-chicago-blackhawks-1.3646101

The Chicago Blackhawks have made a special request to their star player Patrick Kane: stay in Chicago this summer.

According to a report in the Chicago Sun-Times on Tuesday, the organization has asked Kane to train in Chicago and not in the 27-year-old's hometown of Buffalo where Kane has had a couple of brushes with police in the past.

Probably best to keep him away from Buffalo for a little bit.

DopeyFish

Should be enough to sign Demers dammit, fuck Stamkos.

demers should be priority #1

but leafs should get a clear idea of where he's going during free agency lead up

I really wish I could say let's trade JVR as it's something we can do easily... we don't exactly have a whole lot of LW prospects, and none of them are close to ready except leipsic

Fei

So, ahead of free agency, what's the right price for Stamkos? The highest cap hits are currently Kane and Toews at $10.5M. Consider those were signed a couple years ago, and they weren't even UFAs when they signed. With the PA kicking in the escalator, the cap will be moving up as well.

All that said, his number has to be above $11M, no? If you look at all the top contracts, almost none of them were signed as UFAs. They're all elite players who re-signed with their respective teams. I really can't believe he's actually going to hit free agency.

iLLmAtlc

I think he'll be 11 only. the cap probably isn't going up that much, and it hasn't really grown a lot since the Kane and Toews deals.

Socreges

Banned
Damn, Score app pushed a notification to my phone that Croatia won the group. Gotta shut those off ayer

PERISIC!!!!!

Wow huge goal

Fuck Spain. I can't stand their team. I want to like them but they make it so hard by being insufferable assholes
Merikuh says what

VAMOS ARGENTINA

Damn, Score app pushed a notification to my phone that Croatia won the group. Gotta shut those off ayer

Merikuh says what

VAMOS ARGENTINA

You can talk shit about the US national team all you want :lol I couldn't care less about them.

I mainly follow Euro footie with some Japanese League thrown in

Smiley90

Overwatch Competitive Mode is up and running in the public test server - anyone else down for some games?

info here: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20157263

also you don't need to re-download the entire 5 gigs if you follow these instructions, taken from reddit:

Moving the Data folder from OW's original install folder to the Overwatch Test folder cut my 6 GB download size down to 800 MB.
To be clear, here are more detailed steps:
From the BNet launcher, select Overwatch, click the Options drop down under the game's logo, and select Show in Explorer. Mine was in my "Program Files (x86)" folder by default.
In the "Overwatch" folder, right click the "Data" folder, and select copy. Back out of the Overwatch folder so you're just in the Program Files folder. [see edit for more info]
After starting the PTR install, you should a new folder named "Overwatch Test" underneath the original "Overwatch" folder. Pause the download before continuing to be safe.
Go into the "Overwatch Test" folder, right click in blank space, and select paste. When prompted, select to overwrite all files.
Continue the PTR download and see if the download size has decreased dramatically.
Edit: I decided to just let the download finish rather than copying more files to see what helps. Comparing the files in both folders, it looks like you could just try copying everything else over, except the "cache" folder is unnecessary. The PTR's download should overwrite anything it needs to when it's resumed, so this is probably safe. I'll leave the original text to just say the Data folder since it's the bulk of the download and the most important part.

I guess Goligoski is signing with Arizona

Craig Custance – Verified account ‏@CraigCustance

Hearing Coyotes and defenseman Alex Goligoski closing in on a five-year deal in the neighborhood of $5.5 million per season.

Gino Reda – Verified account ‏@GinoRedaTSN

Carey Price says he's 100% healthy & ready to play in WC and start the season with @CanadiensMTL

YEAHHHHHHHHHH

Andrew Berkshire – ‏@AndrewBerkshire

Carey Price on goalies needing to wear more streamlined pants next year: "I've got a big butt, so I'm not worried"

lol

Samyy

Coyotes are 19mil away from the capfloor?
Why are they not all over the Datsyuk contract? No cash is payable on that right?

DopeyFish

Coyotes are 19mil away from the capfloor?
Why are they not all over the Datsyuk contract? No cash is payable on that right?

i think it's still payable because it's 35+

Also without using LTIR, we could get stamkos without much roster movement which is pretty rad

(totally not carrying a 23 man roster though)

Top Bottom