• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

I'm very confused by this post

Since when is predicting the Leafs finishing last being a prophet? Am I a prophet for saying Tabris' next post is going to be a bigger pile of shit than the one that clogged Creeper's toilet?

they came first in the draft, and that's who he posted was going first in that list?

anyway.
Leaf jerseys for all of you.

dPL24yC.png

Holiday

Banned
Any of Blues-Gaf know what the general asking price for Shattenkirk would be?
Probably something like a good pick and a top 6 forward. The rumor I think was that he almost got traded for Boston's first and Ericsson at the deadline, but Ericsson didn't want to sign with St. Louis.

Alucard

Banned
You wouldn't jump all over the 6th overall pick for Fleury? Lmao, Schneider is 10 times the goalie Fleury is and fetched a 9th pick.

Fleury's coming off the two best statistical years of his career and legit carried the Pens during stretches of this season and last season. I know Murray's cheaper and they've shown they can win with him, but I worry how much of it was him being protected by his defense.

My Pharah is #360 globally in score/min. Far and away my best character but I barely play her cause I just don't find it that fun unless there's an opposing Pharah to shut down.

I used Pharah for the first time yesterday, we were getting pinned down in King's Row on attack by Symmetra's turrets on that initial gate/wall. Flew over, took them all out and really gained an appreciation for her mobility.

Also I agree with Alucard (not on the trade for the Flames 6th, rather that Flower isn't a hack fraud any more)

So I'm helping my parents move some beds and underneath one of the mattresses I found my old copy of Boktai. I've been looking for that game for 10 years lol

Alucard

Banned
The Fleury report was posted in the news section of the Score app.

Also, the salary cap is going from 71.4 million to 73 million. Cap floor is 54 million.

Foggy

Still crazy to me the Leafs managed to move Clarkson

All it took were some crazy circumstances and a player suffering from a crippling back ailment. I feel so bad for Horton. It's tough enough to deal with life after hockey when you're that young, but to do so while living in agony? Christ. I wish I knew how he was doing but the media doesn't seem to care too much anymore, at least until a sob piece is written in a few years, but I guess that's just how it goes.

Ownership should've just paid the man instead of getting saddled with Clarkman and his injured self. Clown shoes organization.

Calamari41

41 > 38
i'd take it over Quebec City

a dumb nordique group post just made it to my facebook feed, thinking there's a chance Bettman will announce their return tonight :lol

Fucking Quebec City pieces of horse shit.

I sit up at night steaming at the idea of those god damn "people" getting a hockey team. After that possibility is put to rest today, I will finally get my first night of good sleep in years.

imBask

Banned
Fucking Quebec City pieces of horse shit.

I sit up at night steaming at the idea of those god damn "people" getting a hockey team. After that possibility is put to rest today, I will finally get my first night of good sleep in years.

Now you're talking. This dumb village doesn't deserve shit, and now people are mad that the empty new arena is losing money (it made the news this week)

I'm sort of in this camp. They have 2 million according to wikipedia for their metro population so it could work but it just seems an odd choice.

They're going to bet on tourist to go see the team as an attraction, that might work for a while but the team won't have any dedicated fans...

Cake Boss

Banned
-They’ll be looking to add on defence too but again, they’ll be shopping from the bargain bin by the sounds of things. They obviously feel pretty good about their top four but someone who can play on that third pairing seems like a priority for Pierre Dorion. What’s interesting is the couple times where he’s addressed this topic it sort of sounds like it’s someone to play with Chris Wideman, which maybe means they see Borowiecki more as a 7th defenceman.

LbM6WRw.gif
LbM6WRw.gif

LbM6WRw.gif
LbM6WRw.gif

They're going to bet on tourist to go see the team as an attraction, that might work for a while but the team won't have any dedicated fans...

As long as they can get a decent base of season ticket holders, I'm sure they won't have too much trouble getting asses in the rest of the seats through group packages, hotel promotions, travel packages, etc.

I begrudgingly think it'll work. It's an affront to the hockey gods, putting a rink in the desert, but it'll work.

imBask

Banned
As long as they can get a decent base of season ticket holders, I'm sure they won't have too much trouble getting asses in the rest of the seats through group packages, hotel promotions, travel packages, etc.

I begrudgingly think it'll work. It's an affront to the hockey gods, putting a rink in the desert, but it'll work.

we'll see. If I ever go to Vegas i'll go see a game for sure, but i'm thinking it'll be the weirdest, most boring crowd in the league. Can you imagine a playoff game with a bunch of tourist sitting on their hands?

we'll see. If I ever go to Vegas i'll go see a game for sure, but i'm thinking it'll be the weirdest, most boring crowd in the league. Can you imagine a playoff game with a bunch of tourist sitting on their hands?

I think for the amount of people who would be willing to travel to Vegas to see their team play, it'll have a bit of an Ottawa Senators vibe. Could be a lot of fun!

Calamari41

41 > 38

The actual residents of the Las Vegas area are quite poor, as a whole. I honestly don't see many season ticket holders beyond Caesar's Palace and The Wynn, etc picking up 1,000 each to give out to guests as part of a package deal as you said.

In other words, I think you're going to see a lot of "Staples Center sellouts" where the stands are half empty and they announce a standing room only crowd over the PA system.

Quick

Banned
i'd take it over Quebec City

a dumb nordique group post just made it to my facebook feed, thinking there's a chance Bettman will announce their return tonight :lol

If it isn't official, then there's still a chance...

I barely remember the politics behind the arena in the hopes of attracting a relocation or expansion, but I remember it being really stupid.

The actual residents of the Las Vegas area are quite poor, as a whole. I honestly don't see many season ticket holders beyond Caesar's Palace and The Wynn, etc picking up 1,000 each to give out to guests as part of a package deal as you said.

In other words, I think you're going to see a lot of "Staples Center sellouts" where the stands are half empty and they announce a standing room only crowd over the PA system.

Oh that'll happen for sure. I'm sure when Carolina rolls through town it'll be quiet. I do think they have a reasonable chance of getting 10k season ticket holders, which is probably enough to survive.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Oh that'll happen for sure. I'm sure when Carolina rolls through town it'll be quiet. I do think they have a reasonable chance of getting 10k season ticket holders, which is probably enough to survive.

It's going to be a sight to see when the Kings and Ducks come to town. Free home games, basically.

Top Bottom