• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie 29m 29 minutes ago
Holden=the journeyman who Vigneault will play ahead of Dylan McIlrath

:/

Socreges

Banned
I just realized when looking back I haven't heard the name "Brock Boeser" a single time all year.

Did he fall off the face of the earth or something?
This one's on you. Boeser had a great first season in the NCAA. Led North Dakota in scoring (alongside Cagiulla and Schmaltz). Won the championship and was arguably the best player on the ice in the final.

In other words, Benning will trade him soon for a gritty veteran to propel the Canucks into the playoffs somehow.

Will actually be interesting to see how he does with many of the better players on that team graduating to the NHL.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This one's on you. Boeser had a great first season in the NCAA. Led North Dakota in scoring (alongside Cagiulla and Schmaltz). Won the championship and was arguably the best player on the ice in the final.

In other words, Benning will trade him soon for a gritty veteran to propel the Canucks into the playoffs somehow.

Will actually be interesting to see how he does with many of the better players on that team graduating to the NHL.

Where's he gonna play next year?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Also:
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 29m 29 minutes ago
More Gorton: “We’re listening to everything, we’re close on a few things, but it just didn’t materialize today."

Gorton has to start getting things done at this point. The draft is over, free agency days away, and the team is more or less almost exactly the same today as it was 2 months ago, except we're even worse today because we've lost Yandle and added Holden.

Foggy

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
Kekalainen said #CBJ master list had Peeke ranked "in the middle" of the first round, had Abramov ranked No. 29. #threefirstrounders

It's almost like a minority owner of the Jackets was a former Columbus Dispatch publisher or something

Socreges

Banned
Also, Smelly. Canucks signed Troy Stecher, Boeser's teammate, back in April. Good puck-moving dman. Check out this analysis:

http://thecanuckway.com/2016/04/19/vancouver-canucks-analysis-troy-stecher-more/ said:
This alleviates much pressure from Benning’s shoulders. With the Canucks set to draft high in this year’s draft, the team was not going to be able to address the lack of blueline prospects in the system.

With the top-five group at this year’s draft consisting a centreman (Auston Matthews) and four wingers (P. Laine, J. Puljujarvi, P. Dubois, M. Tkachuk), the best player the Canucks were going to get was at the forward position.

Now the Canucks don’t have to worry about drafting by position so early in a gem-filled first round.

By signing Stecher, they are now ready to pass on the likes of lower-ranked top defencemen such as Olli Juolevi and Jacob Chychrun. No worries about Benning doing anything odd to trade down to a “defenceman’s pick”.

There are quite a few teams claiming they're going after Stamkos that cannot feasibly land him. It's going to be a combination of money + promise of success. A high salary alone won't cut it, I'm wondering why some teams even bother.

r3w570o.jpg

:D

Cake Boss

Banned
Jesus christ Le Chiffre loves to talk. A radio hit that lasted 20 minutes but only 2 questions were asked lol.

His wordsper60/ is strong

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to know the offer Barrie got.

Also, good luck with Holden NY. Not sure why you took him but we needed the contract space.

I think he's more expansion bait than anything else. Ryan McDonagh will obviously be protected. Brady Skjei is exempt. Marc Staal and Dan Girardi will both be protected due to their NMCs. Dylan McIlrath may not meet the minimum eligibility requirements if AV tries to use him again the way he did this year. Kevin Klein is the most tradeable asset on the blueline, so he may not be there by the expansion draft.

Holden meets all the eligibility requirements already due to playing in all 82 games, and he can slot in as a depth d-man if need be.

At least that's what I hope they're thinking.

iLLmAtlc

The McCown marketing shit would be cap circumvention but not outside of possibility with the vast Rogers/Bell empire and their subsidiaries. It'd still be a wink wink type deal but how you gonna prove subsidiary D gave Stamkos the $3M to sign in Tronna?

It's also kinda implied about coming to Toronto, it'll open a ton of marketing deals so it's not like Robbers and Bell need to do something unsavoury for Stamkos to know that.

Smiley90

This Croatia-Portugal game was probably THE most boring game of the entire friggin tournament, it didn't deserve a happy ending like this

Holiday

Banned
So according to Korac, the Oilers offered RNH for Shattenkirk, but Armstrong wants Hall or Eberle. No idea why he wouldnt take RNH, since Blues need a center and have plenty of wingers.

I hope he doesn't hardball his way out of a player they need.

Gorton has to start getting things done at this point. The draft is over, free agency days away, and the team is more or less almost exactly the same today as it was 2 months ago, except we're even worse today because we've lost Yandle and added Holden.

So, that means Nash is on the move, correct? Is anyone planning on taking Staal/Girardi + those contracts?

Smiley90

So, that means Nash is on the move, correct? Is anyone planning on taking Staal/Girardi + those contracts?

Pretty sure I remember reading that Nash submitted the list of 12 teams he'd be willing to be traded to and no Canadian teams were on that list. So I would presume yes, he's on the move.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Leonard said that the aim was to trade one of Staal/Girardi this weekend. Brooks says there was no interest in them whatsoever. Gorton says their names did come up but aren't being actively shopped.

So who the fuck knows.

If (and that's a gargantuan if) the Rangers are actually planning on throwing big money at Stamkos (which I genuinely don't believe, but you never know), then Nash has to be on the move.

Top Bottom