• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Pretty sure I remember reading that Nash submitted the list of 12 teams he'd be willing to be traded to and no Canadian teams were on that list. So I would presume yes, he's on the move.
I don't know who would want him to be honest. Especially since he'd need to be automatically protected in the expansion draft. Unless he waves to Las Vegas.

zroid

Banned
So according to Korac, the Oilers offered RNH for Shattenkirk, but Armstrong wants Hall or Eberle. No idea why he wouldnt take RNH, since Blues need a center and have plenty of wingers.

I hope he doesn't hardball his way out of a player they need.

For 1 year of Shattenkirk, RNH is a steal.

zroid

Banned
Matthews actually showing some personality in this interview on Fan590. He referred to JVR as a "good American boy" :lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Beaulieu for RNH and a pick
RNH is the last guy I would want if they actually went out and got a center.

It's pretty funny how devalued Edmonton players are, if Hall was on another roster his asking price would be through the roof.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Why do I have a nail fungus ad at the bottom of the page?! What are you trying to tell me? I know I search for nail polish but nail fungus?

Samyy

Pronman gave the Leafs draft an "A" apparently

Have you read this article? Really opened my eyes to the Adam Brooks pick:

http://prospect-stats.com/blog/Overage_Prospects.html

Maybe some insight into some of the Leafs strategy, the only ones I'm really meh on are Middleton and Bobylev. Really don't get the Middleton one to be honest but I'm wondering if they have more advanced data on CHL guys (ie. perhaps he's a shot suppression beast or something) no clue.

I guess the interesting thing about Bobylev is he went from scoring 9 points in his first year in the CHL to 67.

zroid

Banned
most of their picks don't really fit the "Pronman mold" so i have to say I'm surprised...

I guess it's mostly due to Matthews

zroid

Banned
Really don't get the Middleton one to be honest but I'm wondering if they have more advanced data on CHL guys (ie. perhaps he's a shot suppression beast or something) no clue.

I don't know, but London is maybe the richest team in the CHL, so if anyone has the resources to delve into advanced tracking, they probably do. So Hunter would have access to it.

The McCown marketing shit would be cap circumvention but not outside of possibility with the vast Rogers/Bell empire and their subsidiaries. It'd still be a wink wink type deal but how you gonna prove subsidiary D gave Stamkos the $3M to sign in Tronna?

It's also kinda implied about coming to Toronto, it'll open a ton of marketing deals so it's not like Robbers and Bell need to do something unsavoury for Stamkos to know that.

Well yea, they could show him how much he could make in endorsements by playing in Toronto

Bob McCown ‏@FadooBobcat 7h7 hours ago

Do the Leafs have a plan to pay Stamkos 3.5M in non-cap dollars per year thru marketing? Told the proposal has been vetted!

Curufinwe

So according to Korac, the Oilers offered RNH for Shattenkirk, but Armstrong wants Hall or Eberle. No idea why he wouldnt take RNH, since Blues need a center and have plenty of wingers.

I hope he doesn't hardball his way out of a player they need.

RNH is a better player than Eberle. It doesn't make sense.

Curufinwe

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
Kekalainen said #CBJ master list had Peeke ranked "in the middle" of the first round, had Abramov ranked No. 29. #threefirstrounders

It's almost like a minority owner of the Jackets was a former Columbus Dispatch publisher or something

That's insane.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Reading up on the Habs draft picks past Sergachev finally.

Bitten and Mete sound like intriguing picks, the rest don't seem to have much upside. Both guys skate really well with the puck, but Mete's point totals are probably inflated due to the team he played on.

Bitten and Mete sound like intriguing picks, the rest don't seem to have much upside. Both guys skate really well with the puck, but Mete's point totals are probably inflated due to the team he played on.

I can't believe no one picked up Bitten. Breakaways for Days, a great shot too.

We are very lucky to pick up Mete. Watch some of the Highlights of that kid. Holy Moly HES SO FAST.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That’s exactly why all of the Subban nonsense surfaced this week. Right? And all of that speculation was developed, in my opinion, by the Canadiens organization. Why? Because Bergevin, in some respect, is in cap jail. No different than Stan Bowman and all of the cap-spending teams. He’s got a $9 million player –who is a hell of a player in P.K. Subban – but he’s got Carey Price coming around the corner, and the vault is open. Name your price. So if you want to get back into a contending status between now and that contract of Carey Price, what do you do? You throw the big fish into the pond and hope that somebody takes the bait, and it just didn’t happen.”
8 M in capspace with all our important players signed = cap jail apparently. Good one Dreger.

The picks review well, but any picks beyond the 2nd round don't typically show up until 4 years later, so I'm not really concerned with it. Sergachev is a beauty, if you haven't seen his interviews you should check them out.

zroid

Banned
Rapid-fire draft reviews from Scott Wheeler (editor at PPP and scout for Future Considerations)

Thoughts on all 30 teams’ drafts:

ANA: Did well with Dostie, Soy, Steel.
ARI: Home runs with first three picks.
BOS: Maybe next year.
BUF: Budik, Asplund, Nylander is good haul.
CGY: Nailed every pick.
CAR: Liked their first few picks.
CHI: Did well with Noel, DeBrincat.
COL: Decent draft, though unspectacular.
CBJ: Abramov the lone standout pick.
DAL: Underwhelming.
DET: Reached at No. 20 but did well.
EDM: Missed after No. 4/32.
FLA: Meh. Did well with Mascherin.
LAK: Picked four times, mostly irrelevant.
MIN: Also only four, but Sokolov!
MTL: Thieved Mete and Bitten.
NSH: Three of 10 best D in class!
NJD: Some steal(head)s.
NYI: Really, really good job at 19, 95, 200.
NYR: Stole Ronning, worthy risk on Day.
OTT: Dahlen, Lajoie are sleepers.
PHI: Big second round, plus Bernhardt at 199.
PIT: Yikes.
SJS: ^
STL: Meh (for a change).
TBL: Didn’t like Hajek trade, but otherwise strong.
VAN: Not a good look.
WSH: Like the Malenstyn pick, but woof.
WPG: Reached for Stanley, did well with Green/Cederholm.

Then there’s the Leafs. Liked No. 1, 57, 92. Woll at No. 62 is defensible. Korshkov was a reach. No. 72, 101, 122, 152, 179, 182 were ugly.

zroid

Banned
Kerby Rychel's counting stats don't look that impressive, but his Primary Pts/60 in the NHL is pretty solid. Ranks 4th on Columbus this past season with 1.60 (5th if you include Ollie Bjorkstrand's tiny sample).

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Rapid-fire draft reviews from Scott Wheeler (editor at PPP and scout for Future Considerations)

How is 152 ugly lol

Hunter put it best. He's been a forward for just one full season and that's the numbers he put up. Because of that there is likely more growth to come.

Also think 182 is potentially a great pick

Top Bottom