• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

imBask

Banned
Don't have the cap space to extend him, and don't want to lose for nothing at the end of next season.

lol buncha dumbasses

the way to go is to keep him, have him not play during the playoffs because he's injured, get eliminated in the conference final and lose him for nothing.

Foggy

That's insane.

Imagine if he was in a market that gave a fuck. Or if anyone stopped laughing at the Dubois pick long enough to laugh at what he's managed to do today.

It's insane how much can be torpedoed in one year's time. This time last year they had traded for Saad and they were on many lists(even outside Columbus) to make a dent in the playoffs.

Since then:

-Mike Reilly signs with Minnesota
-David Savard gets 4.25x5 extension
-Historically bad start to the season
-Todd Richards fired
-Tortorella hired
-Dubinsky cross-checking Crosby in the neck
-Bob groin injury again
-Ryan Johansen traded
-Dalton Prout contract extension
-1st round pick Dubois over Puljujarvi
-2nd round pick Peeke
-Trade Rychel for Harrington(if claimed on waivers, CBJ gets 5th round pick)
-So far, no buyouts. No trades for cap relief.
-As of now one of Cam Atkinson, Alexander Wennberg, William Karlsson will be exposed in the expansion draft

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We need to offer sheet Jones just because having a top 2 D pairing with 2 black guys would make the NHL collapse within itself

imBask

Banned
We need to offer sheet Jones just because having a top 2 D pairing with 2 black guys would make the NHL collapse within itself

Montreal doesn't have the required amount of journalists to cover all of that disrespect on a daily basis, fuggetaboutit

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Don't have the cap space to extend him, and don't want to lose for nothing at the end of next season.

It also sounds like he wants to be traded. He and his agent seem none too pleased that he wasn't moved this weekend.

5tmmcsz.png

lupinko

Where is Yakupov going to? Leafs? I wouldn't mind him.

We will send some inter-league Jays tickets and some passes to African Lion Safari to Chiarelli along with Bozak.

iLLmAtlc

Hey vancouverites do you have suggestions for a bachelor party? I'm helping some friends plan.

Groom doesn't drink tho so right now the plan is mostly outdoor activities.

It's only one day and the evening is simple enough because we'll watch ufc 200 somewhere.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hey vancouverites do you have suggestions for a bachelor party? I'm helping some friends plan.

Groom doesn't drink tho so right now the plan is mostly outdoor activities.

It's only one day and the evening is simple enough because we'll watch ufc 200 somewhere.

Desi is the strip club connoisseur here, ask him

Quick

Banned
Also, the new Leafs jersey looks great. I'll wait a bit to see how the roster shakes up, but a Matthews home jersey is too good to pass up.

The single stripe on the bottom didn't sell me on the jersey until I saw the entire ensemble with the pants and socks. Hot damn.

I think I'll also snag a St. Pats throwback jersey if the rumour ends up being true about it being worn next season.

Curufinwe

Imagine if he was in a market that gave a fuck. Or if anyone stopped laughing at the Dubois pick long enough to laugh at what he's managed to do today.

It's insane how much can be torpedoed in one year's time. This time last year they had traded for Saad and they were on many lists(even outside Columbus) to make a dent in the playoffs.

Since then:

-Mike Reilly signs with Minnesota
-David Savard gets 4.25x5 extension
-Historically bad start to the season
-Todd Richards fired
-Tortorella hired
-Dubinsky cross-checking Crosby in the neck
-Bob groin injury again
-Ryan Johansen traded
-Dalton Prout contract extension
-1st round pick Dubois over Puljujarvi
-2nd round pick Peeke
-Trade Rychel for Harrington(if claimed on waivers, CBJ gets 5th round pick)
-So far, no buyouts. No trades for cap relief.
-As of now one of Cam Atkinson, Alexander Wennberg, William Karlsson will be exposed in the expansion draft

I think Dubois is a great prospect, but in this draft if you don't want to take the second big Finn at 3 then you need to trade down and add some value.

Marc Antoine Godin – Verified account ‏@MAGodin

Source: Andrew Shaw has a 6-year offer on the table, at close to 4 million a year.

Remember the Tweet says close to 4M so it might be slightly below 4M

Whatever. As long as he does his job like he did in Chicago. Welcome aboard Greasy Gallagher. Let's go cause some shit

A mixed bag on HFBoards of happy and angry Avalanche fans. This move by Radulov clearly demonstrates he's only interested in money. That's not someone you want on your team.

Honestly he should have waited though, some dumb GM might have paid him when they missed out on NHL free agents. *cough* Benning *cough*

Top Bottom