• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Our QOs:

Nichushkin
Oleksiak
Lagace (this one's ok)

giphy.gif

This is easily Nill's worst off season, he's basically doing the total opposite of what he should be doing
You don't like Nichuskin? Can you send him to Montreal for Desharnais?

Cake Boss

Banned
Brett Connoly not offered a QO. Could be a cheap 3RW option for SNES compared to Chiasson. He had 10 more points, while playing less games, a year younger, had 59min of PP compared to 84min of PP time for Chiasson.

Gormley didn't get a QO, Siemens did.

Gormley was ok for a brieft stint, but then he looked pretty bad. Pretty sure they just don't want to give up on Siemens yet. Though they quickly abandoned Bleakley. What a shit show of mid to late 1st round picks. At least Rantanen and Jost were solid picks.

I don't understand it either, unless they just plan to keep him in the AHL if/when Provolone is ready.

I mean, Provy is ready now. I see him starting the season on the Flyers and not in juniors.

I mean it would be good to have Manning in the AHL for this season until Morin, Sanheim etc. are ready to be called up too..

Cake Boss

Banned
DSP and Pirri not qualified. Sign those players and our depth on forward would look much better, clear upgrades over Chiasson and Lazar and Neil production wise.

Hoping this is just classic Lou information lockdown, but if Connor Carrick didn't get qualified I'll be legit shocked.

Dude led the AHL playoffs in points and he's a defencemen and played 6 less games than the guy who came 2nd.

Foggy

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/fox-gets-the-ok-to-start-in-market-nhl-streaming-next-season.html

So for the fans in the markets of the 12 teams of which Fox owns the rights, Anaheim, Arizona, Carolina, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Florida, Los Angeles, Minnesota, Nashville, St. Louis and Tampa Bay, they’ll be able to access the games online as long as they have a cable or satellite subscription.

Neat-o, I should be able to use my brother's DirecTV account to watch the games now instead of doing the VPN dance with GCL. Cool news.

Anaheim Ducks on Twitter: Ducks sign Corey Tropp (two years) and Dustin Tokarski (one-year) to extensions.

I'm glad Dustin found a Home with the Ducks.

Habs give QOs to Carr, Danault and Shaw

Bournival,Dietz, Lessio and Dumont are heading to FA

Quick

Banned
Probably already posted here, but getting Ron MacLean back on HNIC is pretty sweet, and added bonus on getting David Amber promoted to host the second game.

I'd have assumed Scott Oake would've been in line as co-host, but they probably really like him sticking to rinkside, plus HNIC is in dire need of minority representation.

I was expecting Hometown Hockey to get a host to replace MacLean, but it looks like Rogers is willing to dump some cash to fly him out to wherever he needs to go for the 24 episodes.

Merguson

Banned
Got back home from the cottage today. Took a while to read up on the rest of the Leafs draft and the trade.

Rychel is definitely worth an acquisition since Harrington was being pushed down the depth chart.

Not sure what to make of the Leafs draft strategy.

zroid

Banned
Not sure what to make of the Leafs draft strategy.

Nobody does. Lol

there's been a lot written about it over the weekend though. it's obvious they targeted certain types of players, just a matter of do you want to take an optimistic viewpoint and suggest they are seeking a market inefficiency, or whether you're cynical and assume they wanted "high-floor" guys with size who can step into the pros sooner .

Adding to the work woes discussed around here, I just got told that my position was cut. Might be able to pivot over to a similar role with one of our clients, but as it is now I might be joining the EI crowd. Oof!

Top Bottom