• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Calder, I would like to introduce you to our prospect pool...

It is kindddddd of ridiculous... even when you take out our 3 elite forwards

1297670635358_ORIGINAL.jpg

it has been prophesied

zroid

Banned
WE heard rumblings towards the trade deadline about RNH for Hamonic but that was when Hamonic still had his trade request active and before RNH got hurt.

Garth Snow saying no to Hall for Hamonic really is indefensible

but I think this speaks to a larger issue with Edmonton having completely tanked the value of all their talent. both by being so hopelessly desperate to get D help and by being a tire fire for years to the point where other GMs (who, as we have established, are pretty dumb) thought they didn't have the #winning gene or whatever the fuck you want to call it.

zroid

Banned
Calder, I would like to introduce you to our prospect pool...

It is kindddddd of ridiculous... even when you take out our 3 elite forwards

Jets prospect pool is pretty great too..

Kyle Connor, Laine, among others. And they already have a long term 1C in Scheifele, and a 1D in Buff.

Did Bergevin lie? I thought he carefully slid in a qualifier in his comments at the draft. I think he said PK 'will *probably* be an Montreal player for a long time', or something like that.

I shudder to think what type of defenceman the Oil were offered for Nuge. Probably turds.

I can't remember who reported this, but it was apparently a bottom 6 D + middle round pick for RNH, and like a 4th round pick for Yak, when the Oilers were offering them at the trade deadline.

Parch

Co-sign. Zero sympathy for teams that got or will get fucked on cap recapture after the league basically promised all the teams it would be happening in the next CBA once the cap avoidance deals started. Be mad at the asshole who made the shitty offer sheet by all means, but you still matched that shit.
Another reason why there should be more offer sheets. It puts a lot of pressure on teams instead of them getting deals with their RFA contracts.
Too much old school GM respect with the lack of offer sheets. Get ruthless and start putting pressure on the competition who are trying to work the cap to get deals. Don't make it easy for them and snipe their RFAs.

Garth Snow saying no to Hall for Hamonic really is indefensible

but I think this speaks to a larger issue with Edmonton having completely tanked the value of all their talent. both by being so hopelessly desperate to get D help and by being a tire fire for years to the point where other GMs (who, as we have established, are pretty dumb) thought they didn't have the #winning gene or whatever the fuck you want to call it.

Yeah I totally agree.

I wouldn't say no to Hall, especially on the Isles

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Why did Bergevin have to go and make one of the worst moves in franchise history moments after Edmonton made one of their worst moves in franchise history?

The ask from MTL for Subban was astronomical to Oil. Draisaitl, #4, Klefbom or Nurse and more.
So instead we settled for a 31 year old defenseman on the decline

Fucking kill me

Red_Man

I found out about Stamkos, Hall - Larrson and Subban all at the same time while at work. It was a bit of overload.

The thing is that Edmonton's trade while bad in value, can still benefit them long term. Can't say the same about the Habs.
How does trading a top 5 winger in the entire NHL for a borderline top 4 D man benefit them in the short or long term?

yyzjohn

Banned
Why did Bergevin have to go and make one of the worst moves in franchise history moments after Edmonton made one of their worst moves in franchise history?

I know right? Like let other fans gloat for more than 30 minutes. Can't remember another hockey day like this before.

Red_Man

Gallagher said:
With Shaw and now Weber, I think we have a better team

What the fuck is going on? I hope Therrien gets hit by a bus.

The ask from MTL for Subban was astronomical to Oil. Draisaitl, #4, Klefbom or Nurse and more.

Fucking kill me

How does trading a top 5 winger in the entire NHL for a borderline top 4 D man benefit them in the short or long term?

Because Larsson is still a young defenseman and has certainly grown into his own recently. Ive watched him quite a bit with the Devils and he's been I think one of their best defenseman asides from Severson. He definitely leaves a gap on their backend.

If he is indeed paired with Klefbom, i think that would be interesting to see them develop together as a pair.

If Puljujarvi becomes as good as Hall (maybe) then the Oilers have found his replacement and cheaper for the next three years.

Again though, i still think it's an awful trade value wise for the Oilers. But Im trying to see it in another light.

What the fuck is going on? I hope Therrien gets hit by a bus.

Fucking kill me

I think the reason why the Edmonton trade didn't happen because Columbus picked Pierre Luc Dubois and it fucked everyone So in hindsight, This is fucking Columbus's fault for not picking Pool Party. We could've made off like Bandits trading Subban to Edmonton

YOU CAUSED THIS JARMO. The Domino effect started at the draft because of him.

Now we're stuck with an aging Defenceman that will deteriorate faster than Subban

:(

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So two guys who haven't played a game yet, and one who has played 22?

yeah. they're elite forward prospects.

I wasn't referring to roster. I was talking about our future stars.

Matthews and Nylander are basically going to be good NHL players almost guaranteed.

Marner not so sure, yet... but he crushed the CHL this year and he's kind of skilled

Mentok

Banned
I don't hate Weber, but this is such a fucking dumb move that is shows Bergevin doesn't have what it takes to build a cup winning roster. He hasn't made a big move in his entire career here, and then goes and trades the face of a franchise and a generational player. I honestly don't know if I'll be able to watch next season, it's now a waiting game for all of management to be erased, just like Gauthier.

I think it shows that MB didn't really adhere to the rebuild process that was supposed to happen when he took over. I think the early successes of the team veered him off-course. His decision to tie his career to MT's was his undoing.

Fucking kill me

This is what slays me. The return they wanted at the draft was ludicrous. There's no middle ground for Habs management.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait to read all the stories out of Nashville from fans that absolutely love Subban, and all of the community work he's going to do there to reach new fans.

MPW

Weber will improve the power play and leadership and add toughness

the thing that worries me is the term in the contract left ... 10 more years ... yikes

I will miss PK, he was exciting to watch ... at least he didn't get traded to eastern team

if habs fail to get top 6 forward on July 1st (ladd? eriksson?) ... i will be surprised if habs GM don't get fired

the thing that worries me is the term in the contract left ... 10 more years ... yikes

I will miss PK, he was exciting to watch ... at least he didn't get traded to eastern team

if habs fail to get top 6 forward on July 1st (ladd? eriksson?) ... i will be surprised if habs GM don't get fired

We need to get Ladd or Eriksson now. You got the cap space or Offer Sheet someone like Krieder or Kucherov

Cake Boss

Banned

bwahahahahaha hahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha OHHH MY LORD

zroid

Banned

I don't see how Molson can fire MB now after he doubled down on his leadership by letting him make this trade

if Habs miss the playoffs again next season then maybe

Cactus

Banned
lol wut? Got Hamilton and Elliott for a total of five depth picks in the coursecourse of two seasons. New coach, good players, GM making smart moves, what's not to be sold on?
Always struck me as having an "old school" mentality. I could be totally wrong, and I'm not doubting the moves made so far, but it'll be interesting to see what happens over the next few years.

Red_Man

MPW also hated on Price relentlessly until he won the Vezina, I'm pretty sure he's actually Jack Todd.

Top Bottom