• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

imBask

Banned
June 29th will forever be engraved in our memory as habs fans

i've gone completely insane in my posts and i'm fully aware of it, it's kind of weird and I kinda feel like a Jest fan, I think I need help

What the fuck does that even mean?

It was rumoured to be Tanev + 5th overall + Horvat and the main focus was for the 5th overall because Bergevin had a hard on for PLD

Supposedly Tony Marinao tomorrow has an answer as to why Habs Traded PK Subban.

If Tony knows really why, I'll listen to it

Cake Boss

Banned
I would hang up.

Going from Subban to Tanev would be Awful all around

CmKsCTsVEAEyUWC.jpg

imBask

Banned
i'm trying to justify my love for Weber by rationalizing the Subban trade, what am I even doing, god dangit bobby

what a dumb trade, we're fucked

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
June 29th will forever be engraved in our memory as habs fans

i've gone completely insane in my posts and i'm fully aware of it, it's kind of weird and I kinda feel like a Jest fan, I think I need help
I wasn't old enough to fully understand the gravitas of the Roy trade. I know that pain now, and it still hasn't really sunk in and I don't think it will until opening night when I see Weber beside Markov on the opening faceoff :(

Holiday

Banned
Did Parayko have a bad series against Dallas? I'm watching bits and pieces of it, and I'm not overly impressed with him considering his fancy stats. Doesn't seem to have great positioning, isn't aggressive enough in the defensive zone, questionable decision making at some points...

EDIT: Seems he was a negative CF Rel % player in the playoffs overall, so maybe just nerves.
He declined against Dallas as I recall, after doing well against Chicago. He suffered against their speed and the Sharks' (as did the whole team).

imBask

Banned
imbask's stages of grief are a bit different

they called me "special" in school

I wasn't old enough to fully understand the gravitas of the Roy trade. I know that pain now, and it still hasn't really sunk in and I don't think it will until opening night when I see Weber beside Markov on the opening faceoff :(

yeaaah I was too young too,

Your REALIZING THIS NOW ?!?!?

but... Weber is good and I really like him... A part of me wants to think that maybe it'll be fine

it probably won't, but I can hope

I don't know man. To be honest, like coming from the real me and not the internet me, at the end of the day sports it's just entertainment and this drama is fun eventhough it's heartbreaking in a way, like when your favorite character dies in a TV show or whatever

Adrian Dater – Verified account ‏@adater

Anonymous ex Hab to Toronto Star: "They hated how much fun he had. The fact that he never sulked and pouted, win or lose, just bugged them"

They being Montreal's Front Office I bet.

I wonder who the Anonymous Ex Hab is.

Red_Man

Mentok

Banned
Nashville just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about hockey (I'm an expert), but grit and rispek are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in the NFL where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you take on someone who doesn't play the white way, you bring disrispek to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that disrispek is repentance.

What this means is the Nashville fans, after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase any tickets for any games, nor will they purchase any merch. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Nashville has alienated the entire market with this move.

Perds, publicly apologize and rescind this trade or you can kiss your business goodbye.

gg smashville take care of subby :')

10 out of 10, well done.

The more I think of this trade....

burn_mofo_down.gif

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe what I'm seeing.

Myself, Red, Schuey and Creeper as the pessimists, and imbask as the optimist.

Surely I'll wake up from this nightmare.

It's very confusing, tbh.

Still blown away that the Habs did this. Though maybe I shouldn't be considering it seemed like they weren't going to sign him a couple of years ago.

imBask

Banned
i'm just sad that Weber will get all the shit from that trade and the crowd will most likely boo him and chant for PK at every opportunity, eventhough it's not his fault

he'd be a star and a fan favorite if it wasn't for the shitty way he got here

Red_Man

Just saw the thread Creeper created, and I didn't know Bergevin / Therrien posted on Gaf

I'm so happy. Subban lost more games by giving puck after puck after puck at each blue line than he ever helped win with his point production.

I was sick of his fancy moves losing pucks and giving other teams goals.

Fair fucking well.

Edit:Hopefully they opened up a bit of salary cap and pick up cam fowler now too.

It's very confusing, tbh.

Still blown away that the Habs did this. Though maybe I shouldn't be considering it seemed like they weren't going to sign him a couple of years ago.
It's pretty obvious in retrospect, I always convinced myself Bergevin wasn't dumb enough to fall in line with Therrien, but obviously they were 100% on the same page for this to happen.

i'm just sad that Weber will get all the shit from that trade and the crowd will most likely boo him and chant for PK at every opportunity, eventhough it's not his fault

he'd be a star and a fan favorite if it wasn't for the shitty way he got here

I feel bad for Shea I really do but Montreal is going to Boo you until you fucking retire. Maybe some will like him but i know a lot of people won't. He won't be as accepted as PK was in Montreal

zroid

Banned
Just saw the thread Creeper created, and I didn't know Bergevin / Therrien posted on Gaf

It's pretty obvious in retrospect, I always convinced myself Bergevin wasn't dumb enough to fall in line with Therrien, but obviously they were 100% on the same page for this to happen.
lol I only look at my subscriptions nowadays so I didn't see this

some quality posts in there. always amazes me how many NHL fans post in random hockey threads but never in the community threads.

imBask

Banned
I feel bad for Shea I really do but Montreal is going to Boo you until you fucking retire. Maybe some will like him but i know a lot of people won't. He won't be as accepted as PK was in Montreal

I doubt he'll retire as a Canadiens tbh, he'll be here for a couple of years top, mostly because of that. The guy we'll get for Weber will be accepted and beloved

Red_Man

lol I only look at my subscriptions nowadays so I didn't see this

some quality posts in there. always amazes me how many NHL fans post in random hockey threads but never in the community threads.
So many post in that thread read like Don Cherry posts.

But Weber scored more goals!

Too bad the Habs didn't just give Subban to the Leafs for Robidas

Subban would be so good in blue and white
That would have been so good. Misfortunes for the habs are so so sweet. They're going to regret trading Subban for years to come regardless of how well Weber does even when Weber is a great player.

Red_Man

This is actually perfect, this was pretty much my reaction today when I first learned about the trade and then had to walk into my office where nobody knows anything about sports and I couldn't vent in any way, which I'm doing now.

Edit : MJ with the hook up

Red_Man

I don't watch wrestling or know the terms, but I feel like this day has been what you guys always refer to as the biggest heel turn. I've been cheated on.

This is basically Patrick Roy trade 2.0.

Only way to top this is to chase out and trade Carey Price.
I wondered how Price would respond to this and how it would affect his resigning, but apparently him and his wife are very good friends with Weber and his wife.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

zroid

Banned
There's Toronto-based Habs fans posting on the Leafs Reddit about switching teams.

This is hitting harder than I thought it would.

Oh man, my cousin is a big Habs fan. I kinda want to rub it in, but probably not, being a jerk to someone half your age is ill-advised.

lupinko

I don't watch wrestling or know the terms, but I feel like this day has been what you guys always refer to as the biggest heel turn. I've been cheated on.

I wondered how Price would respond to this and how it would affect his resigning, but apparently him and his wife are very good friends with Weber and his wife.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah they're both from the part of BC that is not the Lower Mainland.

RedRum

Banned
I've been all over the internet in the last three hours just looking at forums and news. What a sad day in Montreal and I'll say it.. PK was literally the face of the Habs' franchise and I think this rattled the front office.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I am in the extreme minority here, but happy to see PK gone. I fully agree that this was a pretty shitty trade for the Habs though, they could have got better for PK ;P

Good luck PK, not gonna miss you though.

Red_Man

I am in the extreme minority here, but happy to see PK gone. I fully agree that this was a pretty shitty trade for the Habs though, they could have got better for PK ;P

Good luck PK, not gonna miss you though.
Is this Cubes alt Habs fan account?

KingBroly

Banned
If the Canadians owner doesn't fire the GM and Coach before 2 months into the season, he never will at this point. Horrible trade. Baffling.

And Stamkos staying in Tampa? Eh...I don't think it's a good fit anymore.

Caps are still screwed though. We're never winning.

Congrats on winning the Stanley Cup next year, Nashville.

Top Bottom