• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

RedRum

Banned
So my question is now.. do the Preds play the Habs at home anytime soon next season? Because.. my god.. that game will be the most epic.

Bolland has good leadership Dubbed, how come you guys send him down to the AHL. How are you not losing without that leadership?

Look the HERO Dave Bolland laid his body down to allow the 12 win streak. #Grit.

When the team was making the playoffs he was tweeting about dinner in Toronna. #Character

#Gritangibles

zroid

Banned
Based on the various reports, Bergevin's asking price from say Edmonton or Vancouver seemed to be actually quite steep. That might be why it's all the more insane that he went ahead and swapped him for Shea Weber.

Really is a black mark on GMMB that he thought so highly of Weber despite the contract, the age, the decline, the stats, etc.

I imagine Poile had a tough time with it since Weber was the face of their franchise they probably weren't planning on trading him. But honestly, who would say no to that deal if it were on the table? Poile would have to be a buffoon.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Based on the various reports, Bergevin's asking price from say Edmonton or Vancouver seemed to be actually quite steep. That might be why it's all the more insane that he went ahead and swapped him for Shea Weber.

Really is a black mark on GMMB that he thought so highly of Weber despite the contract, the age, the decline, the stats, etc.

I imagine Poile had a tough time with it since Weber was the face of their franchise they probably weren't planning on trading him. But honestly, who would say no to that deal if it were on the table? Poile would have to be a buffoon.
Seems like Bergevin was so desperate to move him before his NTC kicked in and it's said to see our GM that fucking stupid. Hearing Poilles quotes about Subban today are depressing, because I've never heard anyone from the Habs Organization speak of him like that.

Socreges

Banned
I wonder if Bergevin watched the playoffs this year. If you're leaning on Weber's character and leadership, he took some awful undisciplined penalties late in regulation and OT. The guy's a beast, but the downside is he's also a bit mental. That on top of his age, contract, poor stats, etc.

And Chiarelli...as much as the Habs brain trust made a terrible move, you at least understand the stupidity. Weber is highly regarded, even if those people are stuck in the past. With Hall for Larsson I don't see it. What the fuck.

Also: browsing on my OnePlus 3

blown-away.gif

Red_Man to begin turning on Subban and rationalising because of this info

Solo

The Subban trade is awful but in no way the worst in team history. That's Patrick Roy. I think people need to brush up on their history and see how we got fucking NOTHING for him, for no reason whatsoever. Reajen Houle literally picked up the phone, called one team, and took the first offer they made. At that point in time, in dealing with the Nordiques, there was no reason why the Habs shouldn't have been able to get Peter Forsberg in return. Peter fucking Forsberg. Instead they got fucking nothing.

Also the Chelious and LeClair trades were awful too.

The Subban trade is awful but in no way the worst in team history. That's Patrick Roy. I think people need to brush up on their history and see how we got fucking NOTHING for him, for no reason whatsoever. Reajen Houle literally picked up the phone, called one team, and took the first offer they made. At that point in time, in dealing with the Nordiques, there was no reason why the Habs shouldn't have been able to get Peter Forsberg in return. Peter fucking Forsberg. Instead they got fucking nothing.

In Similarities, an Ex-Hab gets to play with a Forsberg

Roy had Peter

PK has Filip

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

That is all true.

I thought we were past that shit now though, I thought Bergevin was smarter than that, and with all the information we have access too he wouldn't side with his dumb coach, and I was so wrong, which probably makes it sting more.

bill0527

As a Preds fan I'm still in shock.

On paper..if Montreal is stupid enough to make this trade, I'm taking this trade all day every day.

But Weber is the face of the franchise. His face is all over Nashville. My son is going to little Preds hockey camp in 2 weeks and its going to be weird walking into the Preds practice facility where Weber's face is painted all over the building outside and inside. He's painted all over Bridgestone Arena. Preds marketing department has got to be shitting themselves right now as their dull summer just got a tad bit busier.

Razorskin

----- ------
As a Preds fan I'm still in shock.

On paper..if Montreal is stupid enough to make this trade, I'm taking this trade all day every day.

But Weber is the face of the franchise. His face is all over Nashville. My son is going to little Preds hockey camp in 2 weeks and its going to be weird walking into the Preds practice facility where Weber's face is painted all over the building outside and inside. He's painted all over Bridgestone Arena. Preds marketing department has got to be shitting themselves right now as their dull summer just got a tad bit busier.
Bridgestone arena just got a whole lot more better looking.

l310sGW.jpg

so the new rumor is RNH for Barrie supposedly

probably fair for the oilers

Ewww.

Colorado needs another super talanted forward? Eff that.

Honestly?

It should be Eberle for Barrie. and RNH for Dumba.

There's your Top 4 Edmonton.

Can't work that for the Wild unless something else goes back Edmonton's way. RNH has a 6m contract, and Dumba is currently an unsigned RFA. That's a lot of money to bring in to a team that doesn't have much space already. It's pretty much Brodin(4.16m) or Scandella(4m) and that's it.

And either of them would work better for Edmonton anyway IMO. Larsson-Barrie and Klefbom-Brodin looks way better than Larsson-Barrie and Klefbom-Dumba.

Maybe its time for me to go back to my Childhood team(s)

The Devils or The Flames.

I was a Devils fan because of Scott Niedermayer and a Flames fan for Iggy. I really don't want to but if it's going to get worse in Montreal I might as well have backup Teams or I can be an Avs or Ducks Fan.

I Dunno Really.

3. The Hall trade finally brought some truth to a boatload of Edmonton rumours. There was definitely discussion with Minnesota on a Ryan Nugent-Hopkins/Matt Dumba deal, but the Oilers made it very clear that wasn’t enough to pry loose Nugent-Hopkins and asked for more. That’s where it fell apart. One of the things Edmonton is looking for is a another second-round pick, because they owe one to Boston for Chiarelli’s hiring.

Wild don't have a 2nd rounder in 2017 draft and have had only 1 2nd rounder in the last five years (including next year). It's one of Fletcher's biggest faults. I really, really doubt he's willing to give up another when he knew how absolutely dreadful the prospect pool is now that he trades away all the picks that could get us good young players.

EDIT: Can't see Edmonton making any more trades, tbh. I forgot they already have Sekera and are likely going to get Demers as well. Klefbom/Larsson/Sekera/Demers isn't all that bad of a top-4. Obviously a Barrie or Brodin would make that look a lot better, and if they got one of those two they could cancel the Demers deal, but I'm not sure if they would do it.

Their top-6 next year is likely a combo of Lucic, McDavid, Eberle, Pulju, RNH, and Draisaitl. Trading away one of those guys would bring up Yakupov and/or Pouliot who really aren't top-6 forwards.

Mentok

Banned
I don't watch wrestling or know the terms, but I feel like this day has been what you guys always refer to as the biggest heel turn. I've been cheated on.

Yup, that's what I said too. Perfect heel turn from MB. Now linked as one of the dumbest GMs in Habs history. I hope this trade haunts him at every turn and that MT's stupid face is all he can see at night.

imBask

Banned
Sean Gordon also went balls deep on TSN 690, saying the only way you can say we won that trade is by using stats that are irrelevant nowadays

i'm sorry btw, Gallagher is a first liner and Galchenyuk is a fine player

we lost that trade

i'm punished imbask

Sean Gordon also went balls deep on TSN 690, saying the only way you can say we won that trade is by using stats that are irrelevant nowadays

i'm sorry btw, Gallagher is a first liner and Galchenyuk is a fine player

we lost that trade

i'm punished imbask

Metal Habs Soild V: The Phantom PK :(

Top Bottom