• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

imBask

Banned
It is jealousy, and none of that garbage was happening when we were winning. This disaster of a season literally destroyed us

Cake Boss

Banned
Brian Wilde phrased a lot of the supposed teammate angst as "jealousy"

that seems more likely than anything else. possibly tinged with racism.

He has a big floppy dick and the charm and personality to get any girl he wants, and was loved by the entire fanbase. I would be jealous too if I was a boring mundane white guy fucking pancake butt girls and no one asks for your autograph.

yyzjohn

Banned
I don't think I've ever watched a Habs game where they're playing someone other than the Leafs (regular season anyway) but I'll be watching that first Nashville/Montreal game.

Marinero is probably the most trustable source in Montreal. He has been shitting on Bergevin and Therrien for the whole year. He's been the only media person who has stood against this organization day in and day out, has called for Therrien to go multiple times, etc.

This is not damage control, this is simply sharing information that could get us to understand why they'd trade Subban.

It's also in no way an endorsement of the trade.

Kifimbo

You know when you can't stand someone, like a girlfriend/boyfriend you are about to dump ? Your hate is so irrational that almost everything that person does bother you tremendously.

The Subban situation sounds like this.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
He has a big floppy dick and the charm and personality to get any girl he wants, and was loved by the entire fanbase. I would be jealous too if I was a boring mundane white guy fucking pancake butt girls and no one asks for your autograph.

Lol

This franchise is a joke.

Can someone tell me everything Tony said?

What I've heard so far is :

PK has been missing curfews, and not by ten minutes.
PK has been late to team meetings a lot.
PK didn't come to the Christmas party or whatever.
And the big thing so far is that discussion where players were talking about Drew Doughty's Norris chances ("I think Doughty will win the Norris."), where PK would have answered "Sure, Doughty will win the Norris. Look who he plays with and look who I play with." Right in the middle of the locker room, confirmed by multiple players who complained to the media. And supposedly not as a joke.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

And the big thing so far is that discussion where players were talking about Drew Doughty's Norris chances ("I think Doughty will win the Norris."), where PK would have answered "Sure, Doughty will win the Norris. Look who he plays with and look who I play with." Right in the middle of the locker room, confirmed by multiple players who complained to the media. And supposedly not as a joke.

So "being honest while black," huh? The fiend!

If you're listening to Marinero right now, he's in no way saying that these are GOOD reasons.

It's just the reasons, and I trust him on this.

So "being honest while black," huh? The fiend!
Wow. Have you ever played competitive sports apart from Call of Duty? This is not something you say to your teammates.

imBask

Banned
I still think Weber and Subban are comparable right now. They won't be in a couple of years. You guys saying Weber is trash are high as fuck.

It's a bad trade but at least stay within the lines in your arguments, because you're already right within those lines

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
This guy is fucking high as shit. In not way is Habs are better now and no way they will win a cup in 2-3 years.

Montreal faces the same issue as detroit, ottawa and boston....

The future 4 headed dragon of florida/tampa/buffalo/toronto

the entire division is going to be a nightmare

Calamari41

41 > 38

This is actually pretty bad

Cake Boss

Banned
Montreal faces the same issue as ottawa and boston....

The future 4 headed dragon of florida/tampa/buffalo/toronto

Lol fuck off. Toronto and Buffalo still needs to get out of the basement first then you can talk shit. Florida is a decent team and Tampa is the only contender in that division. Ottawa has a decent young core and the best dman in the league and finally a GM that seems to value skill over fuckery. We aren't contenders but in no way the same level of Bruins or Habs.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. Have you ever played competitive sports apart from Call of Duty? This is not something you say to your teammates.

I was more being facetious than anything else, but he wouldn't exactly be the first star player to say something unflattering yet accurate about his teammates, assuming he ever even actually said it at all.

Cake Boss

Banned
CmNL0ylUkAEePyN.jpg

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Lol fuck off. Toronto and Buffalo still needs to get out of the basement first then you can talk shit. Florida is a decent team and Tampa is the only contender in that division. Ottawa has a decent young core and the best dman in the league and finally a GM that seems to value skill over fuckery. We aren't contenders but in no way the same level of Bruins or Habs.

i'm saying in 2-3 years you nub

Line_HTX

"Look who Doughty plays with and look who I play with"

Oh lawd, the floodgates are opening
So he was late for curfew, skipped a Christmas party...

Whaaa....

Jealous white teammates?

Silexx

Cake Boss whining about PK being overrated all year and then jumping on the PK bandwagon.

PK's a top ten D in this league, maybe top 5, but you're lacking integrity as a troll.

Sure we can shit on Subban, but that's usually in response to comments that tried to elevate him above Karlsson. That said, any Sens fan would still concede that Subban is elite and one of the best defencemen in the league, but we just know that Karlsson is THE best. ;)

Line_HTX

Sure we can shit on Subban, but that's usually in response to comments that tried to elevate him above Karlsson. That said, any Sens fan would still concede that Subban is elite and one of the best defencemen in the league, but we just know that Karlsson is THE best. ;)

He should've won the Norris Trophy, y'know?

imBask

Banned

Doughtboy won the Norris.

but I mean, "look at who he's playing with" right ;)

Cake Boss

Banned
Cake Boss whining about PK being overrated all year and then jumping on the PK bandwagon.

PK's a top ten D in this league, maybe top 5, but you're lacking integrity as a troll.

Hahahahaha yess let the salt flow through youuuu.

He was always overrated in terms of comparing him to Karlsson as habs fans always argued with me. But I never said that Weber was better than him lol.

Grasping at straws here, its okay. I would be upset too if my shitty franchise traded a franchise dman for an old declining fuckwat.

None of this really changes anything at all. They're not happy with PK's behaviour? Fine. The issue is they traded him 1-for-1 for a worse player that's four years older and has a cap hit of nearly $8M until he's 41. This incompetence has nothing to do with PK.

zroid

Banned
TLN pointed out that Bernier is due a big signing bonus tomorrow. He might be pretty easy to trade to a budget team after that. Like... the Preds?

Yawnier

Banned
TLN pointed out that Bernier is due a big signing bonus tomorrow. He might be pretty easy to trade to a budget team after that. Like... the Preds?

Bozak is due a signing bonus tomorrow as well:

@b1rky 13h13 hours ago

Jonathan Bernier is owed a $2m bonus on Friday as well. Remaining salary is $2.15m. I think all three might be tradeable.
@b1rky 13h13 hours ago

Tyler Bozak is owed a $2m bonus on Friday. Once paid, his contract only calls for $6m of real dollars over two seasons.

Wow, I hadn't heard that "top of the organization" quote. That's incredible.

In my mind, this explains the trade, in and of itself. Not the return, mind you, but he had to go, or Bergevin would have had to be fired by Molson.

Foggy

Are they really saying their biggest issue was skipping a Christmas party?

Like... really?

I would say the Norris jab is the worst of it, but it does sound like death of a thousand cuts. Regardless, these people are all professionals. They gotta grow thicker skin and deal with it.

Kifimbo

Wow, I hadn't heard that "top of the organization" quote. That's incredible.

In my mind, this explains the trade, in and of itself. Not the return, mind you, but he had to go, or Bergevin would have had to be fired by Molson.

This is Patrick Roy all over again. Roy quickly realized Tremblay/Houle were incompetent, clearly expressed it and was shipped out of town. Subban knew for quite some time Therrien was hanging him back, and this year he realized Bergevin didn't do shit after Price was hurt and the team started to lose. Subban was more diplomatic than Roy, but the results is the same.

Top Bottom