• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

If PK is traded and Lucic is signed in the same week I'll hang myself

Just think of it this way, people will stop showing up to games in blackface and they'll start showing up to games in nutcracker masks.

lucic_20nutcracker_20bruins_20hockey.0.gif

Line_HTX

I didn't want to listen to Euro on TSN on the way home, so I listened to Fan590.

Andrew Walker: I think Weber's a better player but I have no real reason aside from gut feeling. Also, make new stats to show that Weber is actually good defensively.

I should have listened to Euro 😂🔫

Gut feelings are legit, yo.

Mentok

Banned
A thought occurred to me today. It was obvious when Molson stepped in that Subban was not Bergevin's guy. Looking back, had Subban not had the stellar years and numbers he had, they probably would've traded sooner. From listening to the reporters (and my co-worker, who's son plays in the OHL and seen a lot of him [I know, it's anecdotal, but still]), Sergachev is the real deal. Assuming this is true, there will be a bigger contract in store, around the time Subban would still have his NTC. This was their only chance to make a move, and they deemed Weber an equal.

I didn't even know this was possible! Subban returning home when the current regime is gone? /hopeful

Hampus Lindholm is so fucking good. Every play he makes is the right play. Such a treat to watch and the best dman on the Ducks by a mile.

(If anyone's wondering why I'm commenting on defense so much, I'm watching defensemen with good possession stats to try to determine what makes them so good....so I can better evaluate draft eligble defensemen).

Is this a project for funsies or are you trying to make a career out of it?

zroid

Banned
This is from January but it does a pretty nice job of illustrating Weber's decline compared to current upper echelon defencemen Karlsson and Subban.

e8016a9d9b1d426d8b3ded10d33e9e9a.png

Notice how he was actually very good several years ago. "Hockey people" just haven't noticed the change.

I hope the Leafs sign nobody big tomorrow. Demers is a 2nd or 3rd pairing defenceman who will be overpayed by whoever decides the sign him, hopefully the Leafs are smart enough to stay away.

zroid

Banned
I hope the Leafs sign nobody big tomorrow. Demers is a 2nd or 3rd pairing defenceman who will be overpayed by whoever decides the sign him, hopefully the Leafs are smart enough to stay away.
he's def top 4 imo, but yea he's gonna get overpaid

on a different note, I'm kinda salty Lou didn't trade Rielly for Hall

he's def top 4 imo, but yea he's gonna get overpaid

on a different note, I'm kinda salty Lou didn't trade Rielly for Hall

On the Leafs as they are now he would probably be in the top 4 but I dunno if he belongs there on a good team.

I would never trade Rielly but maybe that's just my heart talking.

This year's FA crop of defencemen are pretty average, they'll be overpaid by a good bunch.

Wisniewski might be a bargain bin right-handed 4/5 now that he's bought out. I can't believe this is a guy Columbus signed for that nasty contract.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still not sure how I'm going to react to this team come the season opener. I want to like Shea, he seems like a great guy, and I still love most of the other players on the team, but it just doesn't feel right to cheer for them at the moment.

There's no way I want to support Mike&Marc.

zroid

Banned
On the Leafs as they are now he would probably be in the top 4 but I dunno if he belongs there on a good team.

I would never trade Rielly but maybe that's just my heart talking.

what the fuck

in hockey you need defenseman as well as forwards my friend

yr trying to legit turn us into the oilers

I think Rielly is kind of overrated... whether his defensive game develops into something is still a huge question mark. Meanwhile Hall is a top 3 player in the world at his position. You gotta make that move if it's on the table.

I think you should keep Rielly man. That's your Future Captain man

Baetthews man

Pikma

Banned
I hope they have a plan to pick up some sort of defensemen. Klingberg and Nemeth as a top pairing is going to be tough to watch even though I like both players.
Dude watching Nemeth is painful even in the fucking AHL, let alone as a top pairing, if that happens I'm so stepping down from this upcoming season's train
Oilers and.... Montreal?

God Help us

EDIT: OH

it's EDMONTON AND DALLAS.

Enjoy Pikma.
Oh god why, we are definitely winning that bidding war, worst off seeason ever continues

Top Bottom