• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
he's def top 4 imo, but yea he's gonna get overpaid

on a different note, I'm kinda salty Lou didn't trade Rielly for Hall

8FDCLjX.gif

zroid

Banned
Wingers are the least of your worries mate. Your prospect group is fantastic, just need to get more great defencemen.

That's not the point. Not trading Rielly for Hall if it were on the table would be almost as bad as trading Hall for Larsson just because the Oil need D help. It's a huge mismatch in talent.

That's not the point. Not trading Rielly for Hall if it were on the table would be almost as bad as trading Hall for Larsson just because the Oil need D help. It's a huge mismatch in talent.

I do agree it's a mismatch, though, one could argue that there wasn't much else the Oilers could do. There was the Subban rumour, but apparently Bergevin asked for too much and the Oilers GTFO.

MTL might not have the cap space to get anything other than a 3rd or 4th line Dman, they just traded away a top-tier offensive Dman in Subban.

We can offload Emelin. Someone has to be looking for a bottom Defenceman and what better day to do it when his NTC expires tomorrow.

Desharnais might get some calls but it's better to buy him out TBH either this July 1st or next season

Yawnier

Banned
As long as Lucic stays the fuck away in the western conference I don't care too much if he goes to Edmonton or Dallas.

Also there are a few rumblings on twitter that the leafs haven't elected to buy out Cowen yet, which if true is strange but there is the second buyout period later on.

zroid

Banned
As long as Lucic stays the fuck away in the western conference I don't care too much if he goes to Edmonton or Dallas.

Also there are a few rumblings on twitter that the leafs haven't elected to buy out Cowen yet, which if true is strange but there is the second buyout period later on.
Can they still trade him to get bought out by someone else? Now that Stamkos is out of the picture they don't really need the cap credit.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Custance: Detroit won't do anything tomorrow.

McKenzie: Detroit will try to sign at least two of those big-name FA forwards tomorrow.

Let the overpayment and ridiculously long, albatross contracts commence!

Cake Boss

Banned

BABBBBBYYYYY drinking baby milk, and also working out yay.

Apparently we sent out strength and conditioning coach to his house this summer. And fat Mika stayed in ottawa to work out too.

No longer going to be a fat ass team ;_;

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
CmO7Zr3WMAAgCZ0.jpg:large

Well Shea, let's get to work.

We will take good care of him Gunstar.

It's still surreal, even for someone who hasn't been following hockey very long. He was very clearly the face of the Nashville Predators, and then he's traded away out of nowhere. But that's the way the business works, I suppose.

Hope Weber defies expectations in Montreal.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
If Habs sign any of Ladd, Perron or Backes tomorrow, I am suiciding.

Ladd is good though, as long as he's not overpaid. I would also take Backes if they could trade Plekanec, but he'd likely command too much anyway to be a viable option for the second line.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
are you? hey enjoy this beautiful city friend, go eat a poutine at la banquise

if you were joking, i'm just slightly drunk so try that
Yup, taking the train there. Probably Old Port Friday, Museum Saturday, and then brunch with my wife somewhere before she heads back to Toronto and I'm in Montreal for the rest of the week.

I'll keep la banquise in mind and if you have any other suggestions, please throw them my way.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, taking the train there. Probably Old Port Friday, Museum Saturday, and then brunch with my wife somewhere before she heads back to Toronto and I'm in Montreal for the rest of the week.

I'll keep la banquise in mind and if you have any other suggestions, please throw them my way.

Could you deliver a package to Bergevin's doorstep for me?

imBask

Banned

Beware though, La Banquise is 24/7 and even if you go there at 4 in the morning, it'll be packed!

Biodome/Insectarium is always fun, Jean-Talon Market and the surrounding area (little italy) are beautiful and fun if you just want to relax, the underground city downtown is also something to see! We have couple of barcades (Nacho Libre, Nexus Bar, Foonzo) . And that's just outside of the usual Mount-Royal, Downtown, Big O, etc

if you're lost or have any question just PM me and i'll help you out. Also checkout the todo list on reddit

Megasoum

Banned

Make sure to double-check first what is actually open tomorrow.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Could you deliver a package to Bergevin's doorstep for me?

Well...I would pass by the Bell Centre on way to the museum...

Make sure to double-check first what is actually open tomorrow.

Oh yeah, I did. There's supposed to be crap happening down at Old Port and supposedly the museum is open too.

I've been there a few times for work and once on a tour bus....which was really really terrible and rushed...and all the goddamn people wanted to have Korean food in goddamn Montreal...

I made up for it by going to Canoe, Au Pied du Cochon, and Schwartz's next time. :D

Beware though, La Banquise is 24/7 and even if you go there at 4 in the morning, it'll be packed!

Biodome/Insectarium is always fun, Jean-Talon Market and the surrounding area (little italy) are beautiful and fun if you just want to relax, the underground city downtown is also something to see! We have couple of barcades (Nacho Libre, Nexus Bar, Foonzo) . And that's just outside of the usual Mount-Royal, Downtown, Big O, etc

if you're lost or have any question just PM me and i'll help you out. Also checkout the todo list on reddit
Will do and thanks for the link!

Bob McKenzie – Verified account ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

As I speculated on @OverDrive1050 tonight, Jared Cowen has not been bought out by TOR in the 1st buyout window, which is now closed.

Cake Boss's Inside man has did his job.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
aaannnnnd now you know why we couldn't sign stamkos

thanks cowen - you're a knob

so in the end... fuck phaneuf or rather... fuck nonis

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Had nothing to do with it. You can exceed the cap in the summer, Srankos chose to stay in TB.

firstly... if number is $10 million for contract.... account for QO's not accepted yet... we'd blow past summer cap easy

then you have to factor in the part where moving multiple SHITTY overpaid players is difficult when so many teams are buying out players JUST to make room

we literally could not sign stamkos because of cowen's extra salary. impossible.

Top Bottom