• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

zroid

Banned
http://nhllotterysimulator.com/lottery.html

And now here's the real lottery simulator to help us waste more of our time

u3u7SCQ.png

This looks familiar

If Peter Jackson shot this scene now, he's probably do it in CG instead.

It hurts soo much..

I loved the Hobbit (book) and those movies were abominations. At least the LOTR movies are incredible some annoying changes not withstanding but I may watch the extended trilogy today..

It hurts soo much..

I loved the Hobbit (book) and those movies were abominations. At least the LOTR movies are incredible some annoying changes not withstanding but I may watch the extended trilogy today..
Extended is the only way to go after you see them once. The Hobbit movies still make me mad, they had some good scenes in there, which makes it more disappointing. Should have been 2 movies at most.

Extended is the only way to go after you see them once. The Hobbit movies still make me mad, they had some good scenes in there, which makes it more disappointing. Should have been 2 movies at most.

Yeah I know lol I watch them more than I would like to admit.

But yeah I was surprised that I hated the 3rd one the most since how could they fuck up a big battle scene but they did...

I would love to see the Silmarillion done HBO style but after what happened with the Hobbit it has me scared.

Also the Wheel of Time series needs a proper adaptation

Yeah I know lol I watch them more than I would like to admit.

But yeah I was surprised that I hated the 3rd one the most since how could they fuck up a big battle scene but they did...

I would love to see the Silmarillion done HBO style but after what happened with the Hobbit it has me scared.

Also the Wheel of Time series needs a proper adaptation

The 3rd is utter trash, it actually made me retroactively dislike the first 2, while I initially found them to be okay.

The 3rd is utter trash, it actually made me retroactively dislike the first 2, while I initially found them to be okay.

I still think the 1st one is okay. The 2nd one I like only because of Smaug. The 3rd one is just bad.

Also they fucked up so much with the lore in those movies.

They call that the Mass Effect... Effect

The 2nd Mass Effect is and always will be my favorite unless Andromeda blows me away if it ever comes out

Mass Effect 1 and 2 are still great. Though 3 did ruin the mysticism of the Reapers

Mass Effect 1 is my favorite, they nailed the feeling of space, the vastness + isolation. Hope Andromeda recaptures that with the Mako's return.

Yeah I do love ME1 as well. I am super stoked for Andromeda because I need an awesome space game again. I don't think No Man's Sky will be the one I need. But I am very much looking forward to Stellaris too.

Just wish I had a PC to run Star Citizen when it hits.

I am going through this huge lull in gaming but with FFXV and Persona 5 and Nier 2 plus these sci fi games coming I may have a new energy.

I still think the 1st one is okay. The 2nd one I like only because of Smaug. The 3rd one is just bad.

Also they fucked up so much with the lore in those movies.

The 2nd Mass Effect is and always will be my favorite unless Andromeda blows me away if it ever comes out

I enjoy the Mass Effect Series. I have not played Mass Effect 3 yet.

Quick

Banned
I've only played ME2 and 3 from start to finish. ME2 is amazing. ME3 is alright.

I actually started with ME2 on PC. Finished it, then found ME1 on sale on Steam a few months later and played about halfway - I stopped at the point where I had to decide who lives between Ash or Kaiden.

Bought ME3 on PS3 and finished it. Ending was dumb, but I thought the game itself was alright.

I eventually picked up ME2 on PS3 and got through about a quarter of it, then the ME Collection came out, and I bought it (to have both ME1 and 3 together). I technically have two digital copies of ME2 for PS3 lol.

Kind of interested in getting back to it now that we're discussing it a little. I pre-ordered Andromeda during the Amazon.ca E3 sale last year.

Yeah I do love ME1 as well. I am super stoked for Andromeda because I need an awesome space game again. I don't think No Man's Sky will be the one I need.

I'm very excited for No Man's Sky, was happy to hear it had survival elements as I really like those mechanics, though only when they're supplementary. There are some things missing from No Man's sky I'd like to see though. Particularity more barren planets, even the freezing planets contain life and vegetation, when that shouldn't be possible. I'm also disappointed there will be no gas giants, they said they omitted them because you can't land, but they could have been interestingplay spaces. I also want to see more natural and artificial anomalies such as black holes/quasars,dyson spheres, etc. Hopefully they add that kind of stuff through post-launch support.

ME3 had more problems than just its ending. It was a pretty linear game compared to the first two, the writing was bad (Kai Leng lol) and the RPG elements were further simplified. I still enjoy playing it though, The Citadel and Leviathan DLCs are good and it has some nice character moments. The multiplayer was also really fun, it was a challenging horde mode with objectives thrown in.

I'm finishing of the few things I had left in Witcher 3 right now in anticipation of Blood and Wine, haven't played it since I got my 980ti. 60 FPS with max settings, hair works fully on. It's a beautiful thing.

I shouldn't have referenced Mass Effect. I just made myself salty.

Yawnier

Banned
ME2 was the only game in that series I played and I liked it. Have had ME3 in the backlog but haven't played it cause I figured it would piss me off.

I wouldn't play it other than the gameplay. The story makes me sad

I'm very excited for No Man's Sky, was happy to hear it had survival elements as I really like those mechanics, though only when they're supplementary. There are some things missing from No Man's sky I'd like to see though. Particularity more barren planets, even the freezing planets contain life and vegetation, when that shouldn't be possible. I'm also disappointed there will be no gas giants, they said they omitted them because you can't land, but they could have been interestingplay spaces. I also want to see more natural and artificial anomalies such as black holes/quasars,dyson spheres, etc. Hopefully they add that kind of stuff through post-launch support.

Yeah that is really cool and all but honestly I just meant in terms of aesthetic. While I love the games art direction, I want a more traditional space opera if that makes sense? Also I am afraid that it will be too empty. I like my space cities and shit too. If those are in then awesome. I am still for sure gonna play No Man's Sky though but most likely not at launch

Best thing about the Wild sucking ass is that they have such an abysmal pipeline of prospects, have only four draft picks this year (a 1st, 4th, and two 7ths), and have fantastic contracts like Thomas Vanek (6.5m/y for one more year) and Jason Pominville (5.6m/y for three more years) on the books going forward. Not to mention Matt fucking Cooke's buyout has 1m on the cap next year. Great cap management there, Fletcher.

This fucking team.

Yawnier

Banned
Best thing about the Wild sucking ass is that they have such an abysmal pipeline of prospects, have only four draft picks this year (a 1st, 4th, and two 7ths), and have fantastic contracts like Thomas Vanek (6.5m/y for one more year) and Jason Pominville (5.6m/y for three more years) on the books going forward.

This fucking team.
At least you guys have Joel Eriksson-Ek, he's pretty good.

Curufinwe

It hurts soo much..

The changes made for the LotR movies are more annoying, because the book is a hundred times better than The Hobbit. I quite enjoy seeing the people who overrate The Hobbit based on childhood nostalgia getting mad at the Hobbit movies.

The changes made for the LotR movies are more annoying, because the book is a hundred times better than The Hobbit. I quite enjoy seeing the people who overrate The Hobbit based on childhood nostalgia getting mad at the Hobbit movies.

I mean I totally agree that the LOTR books are better than the Hobbit but it was just how bad the movies are is something I can't forgive.

Like one change I like in the movies for LOTR is the elves at Helm's Deep, even though I know most aren't a fan. I do hate how they cop out the Battle of Pelennor Fields though. Also I feel that Aragorn's character changes were quite unnecessary. Obviously others but I do love the movies still since they are great adaptations even with the changes.

Quick

Banned
I'm at the hospital after cutting my finger open a little. I feel like a hypochondriac compared to other people here in the emergency area with their own problems.

Not sure if I need stitches, but I figured it's a deep enough cut to warrant a closer look by a doctor.

Zackat

I'm at the hospital after cutting my finger open a little. I feel like a hypochondriac compared to other people here in the emergency area with their own problems.

Not sure if I need stitches, but I figured it's a deep enough cut to warrant a closer look by a doctor.

How deep we talkin? If you don't have your tetanus up to date it is never a bad idea to get it looked at.

Like one change I like in the movies for LOTR is the elves at Helm's Deep, even though I know most aren't a fan.

I've never understood why they did this, other than the old rule of cool. It doesn't make sense within PJ's adaptation, given how he starts the trilogy by referencing the 'Last Alliance' of men and elves.

My blasphemer take: The Hobbit trilogy isn't bad at all. Actually pretty good, given what PJ was forced to work with.

Quick

Banned
How deep we talkin? If you don't have your tetanus up to date it is never a bad idea to get it looked at.

I think it went through a layer. I can see fat (I think). Plus, it won't stop bleeding, so that's definitely a sign I need to have it looked at.

And no, I don't think I have my tetanus shots up to date.

I've never understood why they did this, other than the old rule of cool. It doesn't make sense within PJ's adaptation, given how he starts the trilogy by referencing the 'Last Alliance' of men and elves.

My blasphemer take: The Hobbit trilogy isn't bad at all. Actually pretty good, given what PJ was forced to work with.

Yeah I know it was quite pointless but it set up an incredible series of scenes and was incredibly pleasing to watch. Also I love elves and my favorite part of the series is the lore and I enjoy the expanded lore more than the trilogy and the Hobbit. My favorite Tolkien work is the Children of Hurin.

Top Bottom