• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Zackat

I think it went through a layer. I can see fat (I think). Plus, it won't stop bleeding, so that's definitely a sign I need to have it looked at.

And no, I don't think I have my tetanus shots up to date.

Yeah if you can see fat you are probably in the right place. Make sure to query about the tetanus shot, though I am sure they will ask you about it.

Quick

Banned
Yeah if you can see fat you are probably in the right place. Make sure to query about the tetanus shot, though I am sure they will ask you about it.

I will, thanks.

It's kind of interesting experiencing the Canadian healthcare system at work on a bigger level than just a clinic or a GP.

I'm at the hospital after cutting my finger open a little. I feel like a hypochondriac compared to other people here in the emergency area with their own problems.

Not sure if I need stitches, but I figured it's a deep enough cut to warrant a closer look by a doctor.

Rule of thumb, if you can make a mouth with the wound it needs stitches.

Best thing about the Wild sucking ass is that they have such an abysmal pipeline of prospects, have only four draft picks this year (a 1st, 4th, and two 7ths), and have fantastic contracts like Thomas Vanek (6.5m/y for one more year) and Jason Pominville (5.6m/y for three more years) on the books going forward. Not to mention Matt fucking Cooke's buyout has 1m on the cap next year. Great cap management there, Fletcher.

This fucking team.

But at least you can beat us. No one will ever take those banners down from the rafters, believe you me.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I was working on my taxes today and it said I was getting a refund of $272,444. Do you think they'd notice if I left it that way?

Vman

Yo Fubar, what would you think if the Wild hired Torch full time? I think it would be interesting to see a full season under him and a full year of Nino-Haula-Pomms. Maybe we buy out Vanek? idk. Word on the street is that Okposo is gonna be our new Minnesota boy coming home to roost. I was also interested when Russo said on his podcast that there are some big name players Fletcher has been in talks with trading for that no one knows are actually available. Most likely he would be looking at centers. Also, after these playoffs I want to see Granlund on the wing if he's not traded. Lastly, I think Pomms has game left in the tank, that contract isn't looking so bad anymore.

zroid

Banned
wtf is @jachobe actually Jakub Voracek? Seems like it is based on his mentions.

what a guy

xRtbzDw.png

Okay so let's talk draft:

Montreal has their first, 2nd, Minnesota's second from Buffalo, 3rd, 4th,Vancouver's 5th(thanks Prusty)and 6th

Then I look at the Leafs draft game. Damn that's how you rebuild correctly.

Yawnier

Banned
Okay so let's talk draft:

Montreal has their first, 2nd, Minnesota's second from Buffalo, 3rd, 4th,Vancouver's 5th(thanks Prusty)and 6th

Then I look at the Leafs draft game. Damn that's how you rebuild correctly.

Habs should take advantage of Subban and Price's prime years and try and win a cup. I think you guys only have Price signed for like another 2 seasons then he is a UFA.

and yeah the Leafs have a ton of draft picks over the next two years but I think most of us realize that most of them after the first round won't pan out to be anything special, which is why I really like the new leafs management approach to the draft in accumulating as many picks as possible since you can find NHL players in any round in the draft.

Habs should take advantage of Subban and Price's prime years and try and win a cup. I think you guys only have Price signed for like another 2 seasons then he is a UFA.

and yeah the Leafs have a ton of draft picks over the next two years but I think most of us realize that most of them after the first round won't pan out, which is why I really like the new leafs management approach to the draft in accumulating as many picks as possible.

We just need to revamp our Defence, Revamp our lines, put in a few rookies in the lineup, Find a good PP coach and I think we will be set.

The Habs don't need a full on Rebuild.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Habs should just keep Subban, Galchenyuk, Price, Pacioretty, and Gallagher. Trade for Erik Karlsson, Jamie Benn, John Tavares, and maybe Roman Josi. Easy.

Creeper, work out the trades for me.

If Bergevin had been able to acquire a NHL capable goalie, I think they would have made the playoffs. It's kind of weird that he didn't at least try for someone like Reimer and went after the obviously shit Scrivens.

Babysat for some friends and played knee hockey for two hours. All my salt is gone.

But at least you can beat us. No one will ever take those banners down from the rafters, believe you me.

As much as I detest Landesgoon the games against you guys are the most fun I ever have watching. I'd love to go up against the Avs again in the playoffs next year. That'd be dope.

Those Stanley Cup winning goals Parise scored against us were pretty cool.

What is wierd is that Parise is the guy on the team that is against the bench fly bys and has spoken up a few times about excessive celebrations. But watching him score against Rado it does indeed look like the Stanley Cup.

Yo Fubar, what would you think if the Wild hired Torch full time? I think it would be interesting to see a full season under him and a full year of Nino-Haula-Pomms. Maybe we buy out Vanek? idk. Word on the street is that Okposo is gonna be our new Minnesota boy coming home to roost. I was also interested when Russo said on his podcast that there are some big name players Fletcher has been in talks with trading for that no one knows are actually available. Most likely he would be looking at centers. Also, after these playoffs I want to see Granlund on the wing if he's not traded. Lastly, I think Pomms has game left in the tank, that contract isn't looking so bad anymore.

I have no idea how they could fit Okposo on this team both in the lineup and in the salary cap. Maybe with Granlund and Koivu I suppose, takes Jones out of the lineup. That is, if you shift Granlund over to wing (and yeah for the most part he looked better on the wing than at center this year. Definitely agree with you there)

I would not mind at all if the Wild traded away Zucker. He is just way too inconsistent. Ideally i would want them to trade him and one of Scandella/Brodin/Dumba for a center.

As for coach, I dont know. I didn't mind Torch most of the time, but his decision to keep Prosser in the lineup is infuriating. Prosser sucks so much ass it is unreal. I can't think of anybody better but I'm not sure if i would give him the full time job already.

Trading for players not on the market would be dope. I wonder who those would be? I would love if the Wild could somehow pick up Marchand. He is perfect for what the Wild needs. Plus we need another d-bag to piss off Avs fans.

Wild offseason needs: a miracle lower back cure for Parise.

He'll be fine. I hope. I

Sounds like it's an easy fix, which is great. But you never know with back's.

Oh for real? Where'd you see that?

zroid

Banned
If Bergevin had been able to acquire a NHL capable goalie, I think they would have made the playoffs. It's kind of weird that he didn't at least try for someone like Reimer and went after the obviously shit Scrivens.
Remember when Hockey Canada took Scrivens and Reimer to the Worlds a couple years ago, and made Reimer the backup lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We have the pieces to be a contender we just need 1-2 more guys, and a competent coach and we would be fine

He said at the time he got Scrivens there was no one else available that would come cheap enough. So either the asking price for Reimer was high at that time or he's bullshitting. Probably the latter.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's been injured since January. Play was great and just fell off a cliff at the end of the streak. Definitely need a backup that can play 30-40 games.

Want Condo?

Bobby Luu and Price on the same team hnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh

You don't know how much I'd enjoy that

Im joking.I'm sure there's a Capable backup somewhere

Vman

Oh for real? Where'd you see that?

I believe it was KFAN or Russo's podcast where he said he talked to multiple people in the organization and was assured it wasn't a long term concern and Parise also wasn't concerned. I'm sure we will find out in the coming days for sure. I agree with you on Torch I just don't see anyone better on the market currently. I didn't mind Prosser in the lineup I thought he played well and was one of the few players who actually brought playoff intensity early on. Tho I suspect the main reason he was in over Reilly was he can kill penalty's.

Top Bottom