• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

trifelife

man matthews is so exactly what we needed, shooting complete 1C, the idea of marner feeding matthews is so good, marner and nylander being playmakers it is too perfect to have a high end shooting c we needed it

marner on matthews wing makes so much sense to me in my mind but dunno if that's what they'll do

on tsn they were projecting moving nylander to matthews wing for next year, man that would be fucking fun to watch, it's weird because next year was gonna be weird for me wanting to root for the leafs but in the back if my mind still thinking i want another top 10 pick but now with matthews, nylander, maybe marner eh i'll just root for em and let shit fall where it may

still can't believe it, never believed we'd ever get a pick like this, i legit keep laughing out loud when i randomly think about it

matthews/eichel potentially makes the sabres rivalry actually interesting, something funny to think about is what if the sabres took alex nylander at 8, heh

can't wait for the preee-seeeason :) if nothing else i can enjoy watching the leafs from now on

o also this is an amazing article i was reading recently http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/g...le-leafs-mike-babcock-youre-going-to-need-it/
lmao

Wow bud, already erect
ing the statue
eh?

imBask

Banned
Yes, Matthews will save this team who has literally no defense and no goalie! They will succeed where the Oilers failed by doing the exact same thing!

Eyeless you're straight up HFBoardposting

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Yes, Matthews will save this team who has literally no defense and no goalie! They will succeed where the Oilers failed by doing the exact same thing!

Eh

Our defense isn't a huge issue... it's functional. We need another major piece and a good 5/6 and we're golden. Really hope something comes of either dermott or nielsen.

We have a couple decent 5/6ers in the making in loov and valiev... then there's the Zaitsev thing which who really knows wtf is going on there

But yeah... don't know what we're doing with goalies... we can't compete with what we have

Boy, if you think the Leafs rebuild is anything like the Oilers "rebuild", you haven't been paying attention.

Parch

Seems like it's extremely difficult to trade for a defenseman in this league. I thought Ottawa got raped for Phaneuf, but that's already been well debated. And now it's looking like the Oilers should just draft a D because the trade rumors are not looking good.

Apparently the Oilers have been shopping Yakupov and Nugent-Hopkins for D. Not surprised Yakupov is worth nothing, but there's always somebody willing to take him off our hands for nothing. A supposed offer for Nuge was a team's 5th defenseman with a terrible contract. No idea who. Now today on the radio a rumored trade with Montreal was Subban for Taylor Hall, Yakupov, and 2 first round picks including the #4 this year.

Wow. Just draft a defenseman Oilers.

gaming_noob

What's the best way to watch all Leafs games with no blackout BS without subscribing to a Rogers tv package? Do they have something similar like MLB.tv? The Jays games are never blacked out on MLB.tv.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
What's the best way to watch all Leafs games with no blackout BS without subscribing to a Rogers tv package? Do they have something similar like MLB.tv? The Jays games are never blacked out on MLB.tv.

unless you live outside leafs region, you pay through the rear :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like it's extremely difficult to trade for a defenseman in this league. I thought Ottawa got raped for Phaneuf, but that's already been well debated. And now it's looking like the Oilers should just draft a D because the trade rumors are not looking good.

Apparently the Oilers have been shopping Yakupov and Nugent-Hopkins for D. Not surprised Yakupov is worth nothing, but there's always somebody willing to take him off our hands for nothing. A supposed offer for Nuge was a team's 5th defenseman with a terrible contract. No idea who. Now today on the radio a rumored trade with Montreal was Subban for Taylor Hall, Yakupov, and 2 first round picks including the #4 this year.

Wow. Just draft a defenseman Oilers.
Damn. I don't think Montreal should trade Subban, but that is a very nice package. If the Oil threw that at Anaheim for some of their young D, it may work. Really should've been in on that Jones trade though.

eyeless

Wow bud, already erect
ing the statue
eh?
i hope saying whatever this is supposed to mean makes you feel better

ya responded to happiness about a prospect and nothing more, with driveby condescending superiority, congrats on that i guess

the one and only thing i expressed in my post was happiness about getting a potential complete 1C, that's about it. there were no proclamations of future success, didn't say he was going to save the team, didn't even say we'd make the playoffs

"if nothing else i can enjoy watching the leafs from now on" were my exact words, they aren't a great team, but adding matthews to our other prospects will be fun to watch at the very least

you need a complete 1C to be a good team, we've just had the good fortune to possibly get one of those pieces you need, which is something any other fanbase would also be thrilled about

saying we have literally no defense isn't true at all, nor are we "doing the exact same thing" as the singularly disastrous worst run fuckup build tirefire in sports, but hey

and i do enjoy that it's you who accused me of hfboardposting m8 much love 2 ya

eyeless

Eh

Our defense isn't a huge issue... it's functional. We need another major piece and a good 5/6 and we're golden. Really hope something comes of either dermott or nielsen.

We have a couple decent 5/6ers in the making in loov and valiev... then there's the Zaitsev thing which who really knows wtf is going on there

But yeah... don't know what we're doing with goalies... we can't compete with what we have
o ye about about zaitsev i read this
The fact that he's playing exhibition games in preparation for the World Championships will likely mean this takes a few days or even weeks to become official
kinda annoying but seems like we'll have to wait to see if he's signing with us

Delryk

13000334_10154284180906535_7067714901901120965_n.jpg

ROFL

imBask

Banned
i hope saying whatever this is supposed to mean makes you feel better

ya responded to happiness about a prospect and nothing more, with driveby condescending superiority, congrats on that i guessthe one and only thing i expressed in my post was happiness about getting a potential complete 1C, that's about it. there were no proclamations of future success, didn't say he was going to save the team, didn't even say we'd make the playoffs

"if nothing else i can enjoy watching the leafs from now on" were my exact words, they aren't a great team, but adding matthews to our other prospects will be fun to watch at the very least

you need a complete 1C to be a good team, we've just had the good fortune to possibly get one of those pieces you need, which is something any other fanbase would also be thrilled about

saying we have literally no defense isn't true at all, nor are we "doing the exact same thing" as the singularly disastrous worst run fuckup build tirefire in sports, but hey

and i do enjoy that it's you who accused me of hfboardposting m8 much love 2 ya

haha

i'm just saying, this wave of Leafs delusion has been unreal for the past 24h it's nothing against you. It was to be expected though

Delryk

mood:

man matthews is so exactly what we needed, shooting complete 1C, the idea of marner feeding matthews is so good, marner and nylander being playmakers it is too perfect to have a high end shooting c we needed it

marner on matthews wing makes so much sense to me in my mind but dunno if that's what they'll do

on tsn they were projecting moving nylander to matthews wing for next year, man that would be fucking fun to watch, it's weird because next year was gonna be weird for me wanting to root for the leafs but in the back if my mind still thinking i want another top 10 pick but now with matthews, nylander, maybe marner eh i'll just root for em and let shit fall where it may

still can't believe it, never believed we'd ever get a pick like this, i legit keep laughing out loud when i randomly think about it

matthews/eichel potentially makes the sabres rivalry actually interesting, something funny to think about is what if the sabres took alex nylander at 8, heh

can't wait for the preee-seeeason :) if nothing else i can enjoy watching the leafs from now on

o also this is an amazing article i was reading recently http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/g...le-leafs-mike-babcock-youre-going-to-need-it/
lmao

I would rather see Marner than Nylander.. and give them someont like Komarov/JVR for the other wing...

JVR/?? - Kadri - Komarov
JVR/?? - Matthews - Marner 2nd line?
Hyman - Nylander - Brown 3rd line?

Bozak/Lupul out. lol...

I'd love t see something like this. Gotta have a veteran with the youngins if possible... but it may be tough and we may just go full out!..

Parch

Damn. I don't think Montreal should trade Subban, but that is a very nice package. If the Oil threw that at Anaheim for some of their young D, it may work.
Ya think? The point is the Oil are not throwing that package at anybody. That's the ridiculous asking price.

Quick

Banned
looking for confirmation

edit:

confirmed:

Jordan Thompson ‏@Jordant89 5h5 hours ago

Zaitsev spotting @TorontoPearson !! #TMLtalk #mapleleafs

someone on twitter said he was spotted

Zaitsev is actually going to Mimico to start training to become a Good Ontario Kid.

Delryk

Guys

Some random person on twitter said that Zaitsev was spotted at Pearson airport

It must be true

So he'd fly down to sign and take pictures and go back right away to get ready for the tourney?.. Unless he wanted to do the trip, I would have told him we'll fly to him to get it done!...

I don't think that Subban package is very good. It doesn't make Montreal any better. Their goal scoring goes up, sure, but what's left on defence?

Quick

Banned
haha

i'm just saying, this wave of Leafs delusion has been unreal for the past 24h it's nothing against you. It was to be expected though

You shut your goddamn mouth, Imbask.

I've had it with these motherfucking comments in this motherfucking thread.

I wish your shoelaces get untied and the laces get drenched after you step on a puddle.

I wish bird shit gets on your car, then you forget to wash it for a week, so it doesn't easily wash off.

I wish McDonald's gave you stale fries.

I wish that your shirt tag irritates you.

Worst of all, I wish that your pen dries out while writing!

Foggy

I don't think that Subban package is very good. It doesn't make Montreal any better. Their goal scoring goes up, sure, but what's left on defence?

Presumably that's what the two first round picks are for. Plus they could flip that cancerous Galchenyuk for a 2nd pairing defenseman. One that speaks French.

imBask

Banned
You shut your goddamn mouth, Imbask.

I've had it with these motherfucking comments in this motherfucking thread.

I wish your shoelaces get untied and the laces get drenched after you step on a puddle.

I wish bird shit gets on your car, then you forget to wash it for a week, so it doesn't easily wash off.

I wish McDonald's gave you stale fries.

I wish that your shirt tag irritates you.

Worst of all, I wish that your pen dries out while writing!

movie-theme-8-mile_610.jpg

Nylander isn't that pretty

Views from the 6 is iffy

Marner, who is that guy?

Leafs aren't making the playoffs, bye bye

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
haha

Eh, I'd say that most of us here are fairly realistic. Things seem to be finally moving in the right direction but it's not like we are going to make the playoffs any time soon.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Exactly, trading Subban does more harm to this team than good.

Presumably that's what the two first round picks are for. Plus they could flip that cancerous Galchenyuk for a 2nd pairing defenseman. One that speaks French.
You shut your god damn mouth Foggy, you already got your lottery pick!

Foggy

Future LA King or New York Ragnar Jesse Puljujarvi

Rick Nash is coming home! Wooooooooooooooooo!

Marek said that JD dropped that they thought it was a two person draft at the top and said something like "oops I shouldn't have said that". I would vomit uncontrollably if they trade that pick just so they can unload a shitty contract or two. I can't think of few things more awful.

Yawnier

Banned
Rick Nash is coming home! Wooooooooooooooooo!

Marek said that JD dropped that they thought it was a two person draft at the top and said something like "oops I shouldn't have said that". I would vomit uncontrollably if they trade that pick just so they can unload a shitty contract or two. I can't think of few things more awful.

Where did he say that?

I can't see Jarmo and your head amateur scout passing on the prospect of drafting a Finn like Puljujarvi at the top of draft, to either trade down or trade the BJ's pick away

Foggy

Where did he say that?

I can't see Jarmo and your head amateur scout passing on the prospect of drafting a Finn like Puljujarvi at the top of draft, to either trade down or trade the BJ's pick away

It's hard to fathom, but Marek said on the most recent MvsW that it came up in conversation. If they get enough pieces back then I'd learn to be ok with it, but if the primary motivation is to unload shitty contracts then I'd lose it. Don't think it's an attractive option for anyone since a bulk of those contracts are NMC. If it's just a simple "open" sign then no harm, but actively shopping would be brutal.

Top Bottom