• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Laffs picking the crappier player :)

Who could say no to this mug

hqdefault.jpg

zroid

Banned
Treliving is a savage. He's cutting up Hartley about as much as one can without directly calling him a bad coach.

But from everything I've been hearing before the Hartley news came down, Boudreau, Carlyle and Torchetti are the guys Fletcher is really focusing on. Fletcher does have interest in Anaheim assistant coach Paul MacLean, but from what I heard as of yesterday, it didn't sound like the Ducks granted Fletcher permission to talk with MacLean yet.

It's like goldilocks and the three bears.

One coach is too dumb.

One coach is not experienced.

One coach is just right.

Maybe extreme dieting is not the approach very obese people should use for weight loss? It makes sense to me that the body would try to return to the weight it was for 10+ years. Of people I know who have lost significant amounts of weight and kept it off (for the most part), it has always been a multi-year process.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Well this is super sad and discouraging: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/02/health/biggest-loser-weight-loss.html?smid=fb-share

I hope that's something only extreme diets experience. :(
I'm almost certain it's not.

Twice over the last 8 years I've managed to lose about 40+ lbs over a span of about 6-12 months or so, and without any crazy diets or anything. Just a bit more conscientious exercise and paying a little more attention to portion sizes. Both times I've hit a wall at almost exactly 40 lbs and then managed to regain that weight and then some over the following 2-3 years. I'm now about 30-40 lbs heavier than I was the first time I tried to lose that weight (or nearly 80 lbs heavier than I was after that initial weight loss). Went from 179 lbs at the lowest point in 2009 (and 199 lbs in summer 2013) to 250-something lbs today. Shit sucks.

I'm actually about to start seriously hitting the gym again, though, pretty much as soon as I'm over this cold that I've got right now. It takes a long time to be able to amp up the energy to be like "alright, time to seriously do something about this again," especially with how discouraging it can be to see all the weight come back, which is why I seem to only be able to do it roughly every 4 years or so. I'm just about there again.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well this is super sad and discouraging: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/02/health/biggest-loser-weight-loss.html?smid=fb-share

I hope that's something only extreme diets experience. :(
I forgot the actual diet/study, but it did say that it would help with type 2 diabetes sufferers and pre diabetics like myself. It's pretty fucking intense though: 3 of those meal supplement drinks to make sure you get all your vitamins and minerals, lots of water, lots of veggies for fiber, and you gotta stay on that for a few months. The rapid weight loss apparently helped their insulin levels and even after they went back to their regular diets, the insulin resistance remained though I didn't read if it stayed that way if people kept eating like shit.

Edit: I'm not on this diet myself though I was thinking of trying it since I hate the beetus. I've only lowered the carbs and sugar in my diet and that alone made me lose 10 pounds. I just need to eat less overall though to lose more since I was exercising for quite a bit before my energy and while I am stronger and my pants are looser around the old waist, the damn scale isn't really showing it.

Chris R

They can resubmit the proposal though so it can still be approved. The article I read said they have until november of next year before the whole thing falls apart.

Why would the council members vote any differently? Don't want to be known as a flipflopper in politics.

Chris R

Yeah but you dont want to be someone who doesnt do what the people you represent want you to do either.

If that was the case, the people who were pro-arena two days ago would have voted that way instead of voting it down.

Just don't see an arena being built there, maybe someplace else though (and much later, since it seems to take Seattle AGES to do anything)

imBask

Banned
we're making a one pager website for an even organiser lady, and she's sending us her texts all over the place with random ass bold here and there

whewww

Top Bottom