• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Thanks dude! I haven't seen you mention the sens ever before except for the past 72 hours.

I wonder what has changed lol?

I've been badmouthing the dirty Sens since the battle of Ontario, and it's definitely not the first time I've done it here.

If I've offended your delicate sensibilities, my apologies.

Cake Boss

Banned
I've been badmouthing the dirty Sens since the battle of Ontario, and it's definitely not the first time I've done it here.

If I've offended your delicate sensibilities, my apologies.

Lol delicate sensibilities. Pot meet kettle.

Says the guy that's gets hurt every time I have mentioned Mathews the past couple of days.

Oh shit now I know what Mathews remind me of. He legit looks like a Kettle.

Hunwick is still going to be in the Leafs top 4.

0sdHS6d.png

Will Matt Hunwick be Babcock's new Dan Cleary?

Lol delicate sensibilities. Pot meet kettle.

Says the guy that's gets hurt every time I have mentioned Mathews the past couple of days.

Oh shit now I know what Mathews remind me of. He legit looks like a Kettle.

Huh? You mean every time you've complained about hearing about Matthews I've been mentioning Matthews more? I'm not hurt. The pain of Sens fans is like fucking vitamins for me. I've practically got wood over here.

You think I'm hurt that the Leafs sucked this year? They've sucked every year. That's like getting mad about taxes. If you haven't gotten used to it by now that's your own fault.

Erdrick

I'm just happy the Jets are likely going to get a player that is arguably equal to or nearly as good as Matthews. Gonna be a fun season coming up.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm just happy the Jets are likely going to get a player that is arguably equal to or nearly as good as Matthews. Gonna be a fun season coming up.
Seriously, the Jets are the real winners here. It makes it that much more painful that we won those couple of games against Buffalo / Columbus and didn't take sooner =/

Cake Boss

Banned
Huh? You mean every time you've complained about hearing about Matthews I've been mentioning Matthews more? I'm not hurt. The pain of Sens fans is like fucking vitamins for me. I've practically got wood over here.

You think I'm hurt that the Leafs sucked this year? They've sucked every year. That's like getting mad about taxes. If you haven't gotten used to it by now that's your own fault.

Cool story 👍

Razorskin

----- ------
Leafs lines for next season

Stamkos - Matthews - Radulov
JVR - Nylander - Marner
Komarov - Kadri - Hyman
Leivo - Gauthier - Greening

The rest doesn't matter we're going to score 5 goals a night!

Yawnier

Banned
I wouldn't mind if the leafs tanked for another year.... not for Nolan Patrick but for a high end defenceman like Liljegren.

Red_Man

I wouldn't mind if the leafs tanked for another year.... not for Nolan Patrick but for a high end defenceman like Liljegren.
Could you watch another tanking season? I'm exhausted after half a season of tanking. I don't know how Oiler fans still watch hockey anymore.

You guys should have enough prospects moving up to the NHL to make it worth it I guess.

Yawnier

Banned
Could you watch another tanking season? I'm exhausted after half a season of tanking. I don't know how Oiler fans still watch hockey anymore.

You guys should have enough prospects moving up to the NHL to make it worth it I guess.

Matthews and Nylander in the lineup for a full season would at least make a tanking season next year half interesting to watch. They're both good players (obv) but I would surprised if either got over like, 45-50 points.

I'm expecting the team will probably be sort of sunk by it's goaltending, and defence outside of Rielly/Gardiner/Marincin anyways.

Marvie_3

Banned
That Habs season was something far more awful than a deliberate 'tanking' season. I still don't understand how Bergevin ever let it get that bad.
Habs fans were getting their hopes too high and he didn't want too have too high of expectations to live up to going forward.

The 18-wheeler off a cliff season was way harder to watch than the tanking season. The tanking season was great to watch. No pressure, just want to see a couple of the kids play well. I'm not saying that feeling would last forever, but there are worse things.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I don't expect Leafs to tank for a long while

Depending on other acquisitions (stamkos if it happens, goalie that stops pucks) then i expect us to be restored to our rightful place of 9th place

The year to tank is either 2018 or 2019... forget which one has that crazy good stud defenseman

Red_Man

That Habs season was something far more awful than a deliberate 'tanking' season. I still don't understand how Bergevin ever let it get that bad.
Pretty sure they knew Price wasn't coming back far sooner then they let on, and he didn't want to waist resources to try and salvage the season. I'm not sure I could watch an entire season of hockey knowing that going into a season the team was going to be 30th or close to it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Pretty sure they knew Price wasn't coming back far sooner then they let on, and he didn't want to waist resources to try and salvage the season. I'm not sure I could watch an entire season of hockey knowing that going into a season the team was going to be 30th or close to it.

The sad thing with our season... our team played better than the other season where they tried to win. That's why it didn't hurt so bad.

And i'll echo the 18 wheeler year being the worst... because like montreal, we were also first in the east that year in early december too and the Leafs just found new and interested ways to be completely disappointing fucks

zroid

Banned
Matthews and Nylander in the lineup for a full season would at least make a tanking season next year half interesting to watch. They're both good players (obv) but I would surprised if either got over like, 45-50 points.

I'm expecting the team will probably be sort of sunk by it's goaltending, and defence outside of Rielly/Gardiner/Marincin anyways.
Leafs fans will have at least one more season of hope before it turns into Oilers type angst

after that... we'll see how it goes

Marvie_3

Banned

psssssht......bandwagoner

Red_Man

Dreger: Chiarelli 'told me point blank there’s been no conversation' on Subban, likely won't be either.#Oilers #Habs
I just want it to be July 1st already so I don't have to keep hearing about this Subban trade garbage

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
More salt in here now then there will be in the playoff thread tonight smh

I'm just waiting for a Flames fan but they're probably either on their annual golf trip they pre-booked 5 years ago or watching fucking cable TV

Red_Man

I'm just waiting for a Flames fan but they're probably either on their annual golf trip they pre-booked 5 years ago or watching fucking cable TV
More likely at a tractor pull show at their local town fair with their cousin

Erdrick

Seriously, the Jets are the real winners here. It makes it that much more painful that we won those couple of games against Buffalo / Columbus and didn't take sooner =/

We just got lucky, is all. I feel fortunate as a fan to have had them get such a potentialy good pick. It easily could have been any of the other Canadian teams. Sure as hell makes me excited for the draft this year. I've been used to drafting 9th, 15th or whatever around that range, and frankly, our picks even in that range have been awesome so far. Laine could very well be a massive boost for the team. But it's always better to be cautious and temper expectations. No guarantee that They'll take him. (I expect it, but stranger things have happened...)

Jets will win a cup before the Leafs do

Correct, as I said back in the winter.

Habs fans are most honourable on NeoGAF.

that would require them to win 4 playoff series, which including the old team, they have only won 2 series in their history

While you can't change the past, that's the best thing about the future. Anything is possible. =)

Top Bottom