• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Raptors at least made it interesting, yet this series feels like it could go 4 and out. Right now I'm more curious to see what Masai does in the off season than to see if/when Kyle's elbow falls off. They're bringing down my 1st overall good vibes and I don't like it.

And no Kave I will not eat shit!

Sir I give you two choices:

1. Fight me!

2. Eat shit!

Cake Boss

Banned
Lol Pierre McGuire on the radio today, Mike Ribero is not a bad guy, and that Bob Shirttly would be a good coach for Ottawa because he is bilingual.

He only needed a rant on why analytics and nerds are ruining hockey to top it off.

Cake Boss

Banned
Reports have Wild GM Chuck Fletcher in California this week to meet with Boudreau and veteran bench boss Randy Carlyle.

Look for Carlyle, who won a Stanley Cup with Flames president Brian Burke during their Anaheim days, to also get an interview in Calgary.

Carlyle has also taken an interview in Ottawa and there continues to be noise about a possible reunion with the Ducks.

CarlyleWhiteboardStruggle.0.0.gif

Randy is making a comeback.

More than a few 'If Randy comes to the Sens I'm out' comments on Sens Twitter.

It may not be bad. He has had a year and a half to reflect on his failures and work to address them.

Or he saw how terrible Horachek was worse and is more committed than ever to his approach.

Silexx

More than a few 'If Randy comes to the Sens I'm out' comments on Sens Twitter.

It may not be bad. He has had a year and a half to reflect on his failures and work to address them.

Or he saw how terrible Horachek was worse and is more committed than ever to his approach.

I'm not too worried as all indications are that Carlyle isn't being seriously considered in Ottawa at this time. If anything, I'd be more concerned about Bob Hartley (as Cake Boss already commented). One of the local francophone Sens reporters has said that if Bryan Murray was still GM, Bob Hartley would the new Sens coach, without question. Remains to see what effect that will have on Dorion's decision.

Cake Boss

Banned
Fraud Hartley to the Snes, please

It ain't happening, Lebrun said yesterday.

It seems like Dorion is just doing his due diligence and interviewing every person out there, he apparently had a list of 30 coaches at the beginning, some of the interviews have lasted 2-3 hours according to Lebrun.

From the trusted sources, it seems like Boudreau is the front runner with Yeo as the 2nd guy. All the other names are just white noise.

imBask

Banned
It ain't happening, Lebrun said yesterday.

It seems like Dorion is just doing his due diligence and interviewing every person out there, he apparently had a list of 30 coaches at the beginning, some of the interviews have lasted 2-3 hours according to Lebrun.

From the trusted sources, it seems like Boudreau is the front runner with Yeo as the 2nd guy. All the other names are just white noise.

no you need Hartley, otherwise our dumbass GM might actually hire him as an assistant coach or whatever the fuck

HELP US

I'm not too worried as all indications are that Carlyle isn't being seriously considered in Ottawa at this time. If anything, I'd be more concerned about Bob Hartley (as Cake Boss already commented). One of the local francophone Sens reporters has said that if Bryan Murray was still GM, Bob Hartley would the new Sens coach, without question. Remains to see what effect that will have on Dorion's decision.

Since when are we the Habs and having a bilingual coach is a must? Not that I don't believe it, I read a rumour that All Bran wanted his brother Terry as coach as well.

We wanted Hartley way back as coach but he took a job in Switzerland and we got stuck with Fartsburg.

Maybe that's what finally got Bryan canned as GM. No idea what he's doing with hiring coaches(oh hey that guy we wanted years ago is now available, oh and my brother is available too maybe I can get him a job).

If that's how he was approaching it no wonder we are in this mess.

Silexx

Since when are we the Habs and having a bilingual coach is a must? Not that I don't believe it, I read a rumour that All Bran wanted his brother Terry as coach as well.

We wanted Hartley way back as coach but he took a job in Switzerland and we got stuck with Fartsburg.

Maybe that's what finally got Bryan canned as GM. No idea what he's doing with hiring coaches(oh hey that guy we wanted years ago is now available, oh and my brother is available too maybe I can get him a job).

If that's how he was approaching it no wonder we are in this mess.

Who said anything about bilingualism? I only said 'local francophone reporter' because I figured no one knew or cared who Sylvain St-Laurent was. :p Sorry if that caused confusion.

Cake Boss

Banned
Apparently the snes would have been the front runners in the Drake Cagulla kid had he been eliminated from the frozen four earlier, they promised him NHL games.

Apparently the snes would have been the front runners in the Drake Cagulla kid had he been eliminated from the frozen four earlier, they promised him NHL games.

Good player. Not sure how he'll do in the NHL but I got to watch him a fair bit over the last few years. Would probably fit in somewhere in the middle-six of a team I imagine.

Reminds me a lot of Parise, tbh. Really hard working, good speed, good shot, goes to the dirty areas, undersized. Last name is pronounced Cuh-joo-luh by the way. Lots of people mispronounce it. Hearing announcers in the NCAA tournament saying Cag-ee-oo-lah or Cah-joo-lee-uh was pretty funny.

zroid

Banned
Jets Nation did a re-draft of the 2015 first round using NHL success rate of D+1 comparables. This isn't definitive by any means so don't make a fuss if Your Favourite Prospect dropped a few places.

mGp6x4T.png

Sebastian Aho looks like quite a steal

Interesting that Crouse may actually have dropped too far!

Socreges

Banned
Caggiula, Vancouver, oh you hope he'll choose ya

But he'll probably go to Chicago.
Probably. Our strongest selling point was our lack of depth at LW. We're more desperate than the other guys, Drake! Pick us!

Jets Nation did a re-draft of the 2015 first round using NHL success rate of D+1 comparables. This isn't definitive by any means so don't make a fuss if Your Favourite Prospect dropped a few places.

mGp6x4T.png

Boeser 😃

Cake Boss

Banned

mGp6x4T.png

Interesting. I would have thought that Chabott had a better season than White and will be a better NHLer.

SNES probably told Cagulla that he will take Hoffman's spot after they trade him :(

I've accepted that unless the Wild trade up or someone drops, they're taking Bellows at #15.

Skilled guy, connections to Minnesota, his dad was a North Stars legend. Of course.

Merguson

Banned
Found a Maple Leafs stick I forgot I had with multiple signatures on the stick.

Too bad I can't read any of the signatures except for Kaberle, I think.

Cake Boss

Banned
I've accepted that unless the Wild trade up or someone drops, they're taking Bellows at #15.

Skilled guy, connections to Minnesota, his dad was a North Stars legend. Of course.

Funny you mention that kid, not enough talk about him.

Found an interesting stat.

He is one of the four players who scored 50+ goals in USNTDP history. The other three are Kane,Kessel and Matthews.

Quick

Banned
Do you guys have any recommendations on items to have in a car? I've been driving for a while now, but I've never really owned a car until recently.

Only thing I have in there is a bag full of car emergency stuff, a car jack, spare tire, and an ice scraper + snow brush. I have a car charger, phone cradle, and an aux cable for in-car entertainment.

I was thinking of picking up stuff like folding baskets and some towels to put in my trunk. I was also thinking of getting a dog hammock for my back seat, to protect my seats from dog hair, and to keep my dog from falling off the seat, but this might be excessive.

41eYSWHr73L._SX466_.jpg

Cake Boss

Banned
I would get a K&N air filter and replace the OEM one. Its cheap replacement, Any one can do it and it doesn't mess up your warrenty.
Reason to do it is it improves the car's mpg, could increase a bit of horsepower depending on your car or improves throatle response time and depending on the vehicle, it makes it sound a lot better. Best $60 I have spent on my car and probably made that money back by the amount of gas I saved (10%-15% mpg improvement)

Curufinwe

We have a dog cover for our back seat and it's absolutely essential in preventing those seats from ending up covered in pug hair. He also has a harness that you thread the safety belt thru to keep him secure.

Quick

Banned
I'm also going to get it detailed at some point this spring. Can't complain about a free car, but it's pretty dirty.

I also managed to add a couple of stains on the back seat, one of them came off, the other might need a deeper clean.

I ran through each seat with Turtle Wax Upholstery Cleaner, which got rid of that stain I mentioned, but I think the seats need more detailed work.

I would get a K&N air filter and replace the OEM one. Its cheap replacement, Any one can do it and it doesn't mess up your warrenty.
Reason to do it is it improves the car's mpg, could increase a bit of horsepower depending on your car or improves throatle response time and depending on the vehicle, it makes it sound a lot better. Best $60 I have spent on my car and probably made that money back by the amount of gas I saved (10%-15% mpg improvement)

I've never even considered air filters. I have a used car, and it's fairly old, but I might have to look into this if it'll improve on mpgs.

Top Bottom