• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

zroid

Banned
eYlvOQD.gif
I actually forgot about that, haha

zroid

Banned
Really slick moves by Tkachuk in the neutral zone to weave through traffic and make a zone entry and get a scoring chance

eyeless

Really slick moves by Tkachuk in the neutral zone to weave through traffic and make a zone entry and get a scoring chance
now that there's no danger of us ending up with him it will be interesting to see how he turns out

hard to tell

been good in the yoffs tho

Yawnier

Banned
now that there's no danger of us ending up with him it will be interesting to see how he turns out

hard to tell

been good in the yoffs tho

It wouldn't shock me if Tkachuk becomes a JVR type of Winger at the NHL level, but probably with a bit more grit and intangibles

Socreges

Banned
Another reason why the west coast is so great. These ridiculous weather extremes in basically every other part of North America...nope.

Though yeah it rains a lot

So glad that Jagr is back next year, probably the 4th or 5th best player to ever play the game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarom%C3%ADr_J%C3%A1gr#NHL_records

A reminder that Jagr was the only player other than Wayne Gretzky or Mario Lemieux to win the scoring title between 1980 and 2001...and nearly added another in 2006.

Not to mention, it's very possible he could have a 70 point season next year, coming from the man with the most consecutive 70 point seasons, including the lockout-shortened 1994-1995 season. If he hadn't left for the KHL in 2008 he'd very likely have had 16 or 17.

His career high of 149 points (62 goals, 87 assists) in 1995-1996 is more than anyone else has ever had besides Esposito, Yzerman, Lemieux, and Gretzky.

From Wikipedia, let's not forget the awards:

Let's not forget his absolute domination in the 1998-1999 season, 20 more points than anyone else in the middle of the dead puck era. The 127th and final point came in the overtime of Wayne Gretzky's final game, which Jagr won in overtime.
It's like you just discovered how awesome Jagr was and just kept digging. That said, always fun to celebrate the guy

Socreges

Banned
Real talk ovechkin already has more hardware than jägr. 3x hart, 5x rocket, 3x nhlpa award, 1 art ross.
If only he'd played alongside Lemieux

Btw I love that we, hockey fans in May, are talking about playing golf. Real authentic fans of Canadian teams.

Samyy

This might be a good time to ask, but how does one get started with golf? Just buy some clubs and get some lessons?

Parch

On Vancouver Island you can golf year round. They have temporary greens in the winter. Made a point of playing at least one round in every month just to say we did.

ShaneB

Will do, hopefully I don't play too terrible.

Speaking of greens, have any of you ever golfed on sand greens? There was this cheap course near my home town that had them.

Eh, plenty of different skill levels post in the general Golf thread, just about having fun really.

Never have played sand greens, seemed a bit odd, but there are certainly lots of unique ways people go about a round of golf.

This might be a good time to ask, but how does one get started with golf? Just buy some clubs and get some lessons?

You can always find a set of dirt cheap used clubs, and many driving ranges will have clubs on hand for people to try out and get into the game. Lessons certainly make sense, but at least see if the love of the game is there first. My first time golfing was a phys ed trip for high school many years ago.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Just go out and do it.

I went to the range like 2 times before I just randomly went out with my buddies and did 9 holes.

You're gonna suck but you'll somehow hit one shot that makes it all okay.

Chris R

Ask the local course if they have a "Get Golf Ready" program, $99 runs one night a week, six weeks.

Then hit the sports equipment exchange shop, pick up a set of clubs, buy some cheap balls from Amazon and enjoy.

it is physically stressful watching these raptors

i don't even get any enjoyment from it

why do i do it

That's the best Ive seen them play in a close game since, well, ever if we're talking about these playoffs. Though it did have some bizarre moments leading up to OT. Defensive collapse followed by that shot from Kyle...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Hilarious that I got a notification from TSN this morning about watching Canada take on Auston Matthews and the US.

Top Bottom