• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Cake Boss

Banned
Chn8MT2XAAAdqxv.jpg

Come one Juice Boudreau sign the damn contract.

Is anyone else a little surprised to see 2 Junior A players ranked in the top 30 for NA Skaters?

Jost & Fabbro.

Not really. Both are Canadians that were committed to D1 NCAA colleges. But because of stupid rules their options were to go play in the USHL, or stay in Canada in the BCHL. Plenty of other players have gone that route as well.

They lit that league up and got upset in the playoffs, then both tore shit up at the U18s. Jost exceptionally so. I'm really excited to see him play here for UND next season with Schmaltz and Boeser. Going to absolutely dominate.

calder

LOL my chat with my brothers just exploded with them not only saying they would take Laine over Matthews but worried that the Leafs will take Laine at #1.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Panarin is like a little kid

"Which brings us to the best part of the entire interview: Panarin learning about the bonuses he could earn, and stressing out over them.

"I had to be in the top-10 of the league of forwards. I did not think about the bonuses then. A journalist told me about them. And I lost my peace of mind. I asked a friend: send me the list of top-10 scorers. I studied it and started to think. I did not sleep the whole night. I had such a chance! I had to put it together... And I got three points in the first period! And Tarasenko was just behind me on the list. I would have deleted his phone number had he overpassed me! I even told him: "Vladdy, end this!""

Merguson

Banned
Creeper's toilet story reminds of the time my toilet overflowed with water and shit.

I used lots of disinfectant wipes that day. *shudders*

Last time I had a toilet go "luckily" it was the water line going into the toilet that blew up. At least my bathroom was flooded with clean water.

Socreges

Banned
LOL my chat with my brothers just exploded with them not only saying they would take Laine over Matthews but worried that the Leafs will take Laine at #1.
It's all fucking relative eh? Jets were looking at drafting 5-8. Now you're #2 and "worried" you may get stuck with Matthews.

Smiley90

It's all fucking relative eh? Jets were looking at drafting 5-8. Now you're #2 and "worried" you may get stuck with Matthews.

Fuck the draft lottery sideways

Matthews will be great. Shut up

I'd prefer we go for Juolevi or Sergachev. Chychrun will likely hit his ceiling very soon. And of course Benning is probably one of the GMs that have him as a priority.

Puljujärvi is an awesome addition. Jumping from 4th to 3rd is huge for CBJ.

You ungrateful fuck...

I think it's time to let go Soc

Merguson

Banned
But now we have to choose between Matthews or Laine
So stressful

Didn't Kyle Dubas do a panel on avoiding drafting based on certain biases like tournament performance? I doubt anything in the tournament is going to impact the Leafs decision.

Smiley90

Didn't Kyle Dubas do a panel on avoiding drafting based on certain biases like tournament performance? I doubt anything in the tournament is going to impact the Leafs decision.

Not like as a Leafs player they'll ever experience the pressure of a championship game, good call

Not like as a Leafs player they'll ever experience the pressure of a championship game, good call

Compete Level in Low-Pressure Situations, Score-Adjusted/60. Progressive Advanced Stats, in which we begin to track human emotion.

Scale is from 18-Wheeler Freefall Acceptance to Highly Truculent.

Zroid is currently aggregating this regular season's stats, graph to follow

I think every scout and gm says that, but I bet there have been many, many situations where a kid has a good u20 and an owner leans hard on the f/o to draft him.

Socreges

Banned
To be fair, there's an additional prejudice in not wanting to overturn consensus.

Laine has been very good since December. He was good throughout the WJHC and throughout the SM-Liiga season and especially playoffs. If he continues to dominate in the WHC (likely not, that was Belarus) then you're looking at a large and varied sample in the last 6 months, not just one tournament. The dude is also 6 months younger than Matthews, which helps explain why he may be catching up.

Samyy

At the end of the day I think the Leafs still take Matthews but it's probably closer then people think.

Matthews just fills such a gigantic need

zroid

Banned
Oh shit the Marlies game is actually on Rogers TV York today

usually the games are only shown on Rogers TV Toronto

Socreges

Banned
At the end of the day I think the Leafs still take Matthews but it's probably closer then people think.

Matthews just fills such a gigantic need
Most teams would. An elite center is considered more valuable than an elite winger. So if they're otherwise kinda even you go for Matthews

zroid

Banned
That didn't look great on Bibeau but it might've taken a deflection, not sure

edit: how the fuck do these head hits follow Leivo around like this? Christ

Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie)
31 mins ago - View on Twitter
VAN has been told they are out on college UFA Drake Caggiula (UND). Indications appear he's going to EDM but nothing official just yet.

The next Schultz?

Top Bottom