• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

ShaneB

My golf game went pretty well for having not played in a year. My score wasn't good at all, but I was still happy with some of my shots. The coarse was nice and inexpensive, kinda links-esque. I used my Microsoft Band to keep track of my game score and use it as a range finder for the first time and it was excellent.

Also I wish golf was 14 rather than 18 holes. By the 18th I was done. I guess if I shaved off a lot of shots I wouldn't be as tired at the end.

I played last night and this morning and played decently. Glad you had a decent round, so the saying goes 'The most important shot is the next one'. Just a matter of feeling some sort of confidence over every shot, even if it's a simple lay up.

As for your other comment, nonsense! Nutrition is certainly important, lots of water, and healthy snacks help. I generally have a protein bar mid round, and always have some almonds on hand. But I get your point, you can get to a point where the shots add up and you're just wanting a round to be over.

Fascinating to me that the reason why promotion/relegation can be a thing in European football is the same reason why a team like Leicester FC has never won before and should in theory never fucking win ever.

Which makes it all the more incredible

And on that note, fantastic video of Middlesbrough promotion

Imagine if the Leafs' reward for being the most terrible was not the #1 prospect in the world but relegation to the AHL. With the Marlies meanwhile fighting to replace them. Wait no that'd be meaningless

Leicester winning is probably the best thing to happen to the PL since it was called the Premiership.

Newcastle getting relegated would be the next best thing.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I might go to Montreal this summer. Haven't been there in over 10 years.

I wanna go somewhere for my long birthday weekend

any suggestions on what places in Canada are worth visiting after I've really only seen Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal? lol. Have to be easy to get to, I'm not driving 20h

(and Victoria and Whistler...)

Leicester winning is probably the best thing to happen to the PL since it was called the Premiership.

imokaywiththis.gif

Good, goood.

I5K0S01.gif

Lekhonen vs Buchnevich.

Let's go

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I played last night and this morning and played decently. Glad you had a decent round, so the saying goes 'The most important shot is the next one'. Just a matter of feeling some sort of confidence over every shot, even if it's a simple lay up.

As for your other comment, nonsense! Nutrition is certainly important, lots of water, and healthy snacks help. I generally have a protein bar mid round, and always have some almonds on hand. But I get your point, you can get to a point where the shots add up and you're just wanting a round to be over.

You're saying beers and a hot dog mid round isn't healthy?

zroid

Banned
Matthews and Laine don't have what it takes to represent the Maple Leaf

We need a good GTA kid. Better take McLeod.

Elliotte Friedman on Twitter: "Couple members of the coaching fraternity believe MIN stepped up after Boudreau visit to OTT yesterday. Stay tuned..."

Here we go

Silexx

Elliotte Friedman on Twitter: "Couple members of the coaching fraternity believe MIN stepped up after Boudreau visit to OTT yesterday. Stay tuned..."

Here we go

Even though we're all afraid of getting into a 'bidding war' because we are so sure that Melnyk will lose, but if MIN is stepping up their offer, then they must feel that Ottawa has pulled ahead and are favored at this point.

ShaneB

*why not both gif

We also walked the course, which was good exercise but also more tiring.

Heh, just saying! I'll have my drink of vodka after my round.

I tend to walk as well, just never feels right to have a cart. I like to take in the course and walking just lets me collect my thoughts between shots.

zroid

Banned
I think it's safe to say Bruce prefers Ottawa if all else were equal, I guess it just depends on if somebody else throws a pile of money at him a la Babcock.

Cake Boss

Banned
I cursed V sorry guys I'll stop watching the raps game.

Heading out, maybe I can curse the habs as I see those Price bottled water ads everywhere.

fuck off

Fascinating to me that the reason why promotion/relegation can be a thing in European football is the same reason why a team like Leicester FC has never won before and should in theory never fucking win ever.

Which makes it all the more incredible

And on that note, fantastic video of Middlesbrough promotion

Imagine if the Leafs' reward for being the most terrible was not the #1 prospect in the world but relegation to the AHL. With the Marlies meanwhile fighting to replace them. Wait no that'd be meaningless
The one thing that has fucked up the parity most in football is the Champions league. I hate it

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
RIP Cakeboss
What a terrible move for his career though, hard to see much of a future in Minny
Eh, Wild don't have a terrible roster, just some bad contracts. Why would anyone choose to go to Ottawa and have to deal with their budget issues and that roster?

Top Bottom