• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Calamari41

41 > 38
Ducks should have tried to outbid Minny and snagged Bruce, he's the best coach on the market or even potentially on the market. It's not every year a coach that good is up for grabs.

If Dollarama owned the Sens we'd be better funded.

What a ghetto organization, they thought they could get him for $1.75M? Lol

Oh I lost all hope when they let Alfie go because they were way too fucking cheap to pay him after all the hits he took for the team.

How the hell did they fuck this up BB seemed like he was ready to accept, his daughter is in Ottawa and he was excited. This team is so dumb.

Just trade Karlsson, no point wasting a generational talent on a dead end team.

Oh I lost all hope when they let Alfie go because they were way too fucking cheap to pay him after all the hits he took for the team.

How the hell did they fuck this up BB seemed like he was ready to accept, his daughter is in Ottawa and he was excited. This team is so dumb.

Just trade Karlsson, no point wasting a generational talent on a dead end team.

Anaheim will take him.
coin-flip-mcduck.gif

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
If Dollarama owned the Sens we'd be better funded.

What a ghetto organization, they thought they could get him for $1.75M? Lol

I'm beyond pissed off right now, I don't care who they hire now, I hope this team crashes and burns until the cheapskate sells the team.

The part that pisses me off the most is that Boudreau's 1st choice was Ottawa and yet we still fucked it up. I'm also not liking Dorion already, only a month into the job and he already fucked up what was his biggest test yet.

Quick

Banned
I'm searching for employment, and some of the required qualifications freak me out - "speedwriting/shorthand writing an asset", "experience in X database/Y system an asset". And one of the listings I saw was for a hospital for an admin position, and I initially saw "able to assess injuries and properly diagnose" but it actually said "able to assess inquiries and exercise good judgement."

Shit, you cut your finger? You're going to the morgue, dude, I'll send the coroner.

Quick

Banned
He's probably happy with the San Diego Gulls: America's favorite AHL team.

I don't know if the Oilers were just terribly managed or if Dallas just wasn't equipped to handle any NHL team, but I think a bit more time in the AHL will give him more time to be a better coach overall.

What are the chances he gets at least an assistant coaching gig in Anaheim?

I'm beyond pissed off right now, I don't care who they hire now, I hope this team crashes and burns until the cheapskate sells the team.

The part that pisses me off the most is that Boudreau's 1st choice was Ottawa and yet we still fucked it up. I'm also not liking Dorion already, only a month into the job and he already fucked up what was his biggest test yet.

They lied. Just like Alfie and his blank check they lied about how they'd spend the money to do what's necessary.

I'm sick of their shit.

I wouldn't pin it on Dorion, he's a puppet. Owner ties his hands.

So excited about Boudreau.

I mean, I think he'll help this team out. And I'm excited about that.

But I'm more excited they aren't giving the reins to Carlyle or some other scrub.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So excited about Boudreau.

I mean, I think he'll help this team out. And I'm excited about that.

But I'm more excited they aren't giving the reins to Carlyle or some other scrub.
Now if Caryle somehow ends up in Ottawa...
How is Melnyk going to get a good NHL coach with experience if he won't pay up?

I guess Crawford and Keenan are available.

It's weird because you drive up and park at the Toyota Sports Center and just proceed to walk inside by rinks surrounded by Kings stuff until you get to the bar which is in the middle of a hallway that overlooks two rinks

Apparently there's like different rec leagues and school leagues of all/most levels that play here.

Only know about it because it's around the corner from my hotel

I don't know if the Oilers were just terribly managed or if Dallas just wasn't equipped to handle any NHL team, but I think a bit more time in the AHL will give him more time to be a better coach overall.

Both. Eakins clearly wasn't capable of handling the responsibilities to coach an NHL team and was further hampered by the joke that is the Oilers management. I honestly don't think that spending time in the AHL will do much to help him return to the NHL even as an assistant coach IMO. His tenure with the Oilers was that bad.

Samyy

Maybe a bit OT but has anyone experienced this when it seems like all your good friends are moving away?

Most of my best friends are moving away for school (2 in med, 1 for grad school in the states) and a couple others for tech jobs in the states.

Feeling a little bummed tbh, whats wrong with good ol Toronto right?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe a bit OT but has anyone experienced this when it seems like all your good friends are moving away?

Most of my best friends are moving away for school (2 in med, 1 for grad school in the states) and a couple others for tech jobs in the states.

Yeah and making new friends is hard unless you meet them at work. Luckily I work with some people who share the same interests, and then you just network through them basically.

Quick

Banned

I moved away for school, it was tough once I actually sat down and had a moment to digest that I had just moved away from my friends and family. My roommates were cool people, so that made things a lot better. Then I met good people at school which took the sting out completely.

If anything, just start up a group chat for you guys to fuck around in. My friends and I have a whole bunch of group chats for stupid shit.

Yeah and making new friends is hard unless you meet them at work. Luckily I work with some people who share the same interests, and then you just network through them basically.

This. I drifted apart from some of my friends, but at my previous job, I met a ton of amazing people that I became very close with. It was tough leaving them for my job right now, but we all hang out a lot anyway.

Quick

Banned
Caught a mouse in my apartment today.

Yuck.

I'm currently dealing with a mice problem at my house. I think we let the problem go on for too long. While we did set up traps, I don't think we were proactive enough in getting the mice out. An exterminator was eventually called in, and he was able to flush them out, but after a few months (basically when the weather got colder) we started hearing mice again.

I have a feeling our neighbourhood has a mice problem in general.

gaming_noob

Happens with everyone. Better to see them leave out of necessity rather than them pussy whipped out of the circle.

Quick

Banned
Happens with everyone. Better to see them leave out of necessity rather than them pussy whipped out of the circle.

My first house was full of mice. After I moved in I kept a tally of how many I'd killed in traps. After two dozen or so the fun wore off.

Were you able to eventually get rid of the mice completely?

Either the exterminator didn't do a good enough job, or the mice just found their way back at my house again.

Were you able to eventually get rid of the mice completely?

Either the exterminator didn't do a good enough job, or the mice just found their way back at my house again.

Did they do exclusion work or just put traps? Vermin always need to have the entry ways in property blocked before you start putting traps.

Top Bottom