• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Silexx

I'm sorry Sens fans :(

hard to think this was anything other than a financial decision

Euge strikes again

Elliot Friedman reported that Boudreau's contract was for 4 years at under $3 million per year. Yeah, that's going to play well...

I fully expect the damage control from the Sens to be that Boudreau was never the first choice anyways. Honestly, Julien and Boudreau were the only two viable candidates, I don't give two shits who we hire at this point.

Quick

Banned
Calgary will probably bring in a rookie coach.

If I was Bruce, I would've at least waited until the Blues were out.

Sutter could be available for the Blues. He's looking for another Cup.

HNIC saying the Panthers are looking at shaking up their front office. Not sure how surprising this is for you, Dubbed. I think this was brought up before.

Fuck this team.

Bunch of fucking liars once again. They have all the resources to hire the best coach available my ass.

If they hire Fartley or Carlyle. I'm done. I don't live in Ottawa anymore.

eyeless

Loooooooooooooooooooooooool Sens
3twdMUm.png

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

HNIC saying the Panthers are looking at shaking up their front office. Not sure how surprising this is for you, Dubbed. I think this was brought up before.

wat...but Tallon has been phenomenal there...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Tallon is getting a promotion
Any man signing Dave Bollanf to that contract really doesn't deserve one tbh.
Wasn't that to reach the cap floor though? Additionally, he's been out forever, so it's not like it would've counted against the cap if they'd gone over.
All of Sens-gaf is welcome to join Leafs-gaf
You must have taken a class in subtle trolling :D

wat...but Tallon has been phenomenal there...

Tallon I'm pretty sure is safe. I know the team president recently changed and analytics is playing a larger part in the org (Smith trade was done largely on analytics and hired the CHL stats peeps). I think we'll see a new AGM and new assistant coach.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tallon I'm pretty sure is safe. I know the team president recently changed and analytics is playing a larger part in the org (Smith trade was done largely on analytics and hired the CHL stats peeps). I think we'll see a new AGM and new assistant coach.
Ahh, so just to get more analytics on there. That's gotta be good.
How does melnyk fuck this up...BB's fam lives in Ottawa ffs. Fucking cheapskate

That's almost like saying we're welcome to join the oilers...kk maybe a bit too far

heyHeyHEYHEYHEY!
WTF, man......W.....T......F.....

Vman

Reading through Yost's twitter and it really is amazing how the Sens botched this. I will say though that if you hire Yeo you will be happy.

@FriedgeHNIC: Sounds like Dale Tallon will be moving to a President of Hockey Ops-style position in Florida. Tom Rowe as GM. Eric Joyce as AGM.

Wait wat. Legit surprised. Rowe was coaching the AHL team at the start of the season.

@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers Dale Tallon in Russia scouting at WC ... Told he still has his say in hockey decisions but Tom Rowe/Eric Joyce's say increasing

Ok. Some sense like I said analytics wise. Still shocked to see Tallon not GM.

Quick

Banned
Wait wat. Legit surprised. Rowe was coaching the AHL team at the start of the season.

Ok. Some sense like I said analytics wise. Still shocked to see Tallon not GM.

"Told he still has say.." So, Panthers organization made the changes while Tallon was away? I was under the impression that it's still being planned.

Reading through Yost's twitter and it really is amazing how the Sens botched this. I will say though that if you hire Yeo you will be happy.

Yeo is a good coach. I am sure he learned a lot from the Wild and will be a good coach and will get results wherever he goes. Not sure if he is good enough to win a cup - not yet - but he is the type of guy to eventually get one.

iLLmAtlc

Isnt this more like a demotion for tallon? it sounds like he has less control over hockey ops now.

Also I'm not surprised Boudreau went to Minnie. They got quite a few good players to work with like parise, koivu, suter, granlund, pominville, vanek, etc.

Isnt this more like a demotion for tallon? it sounds like he has less control over hockey ops now.

Sounds like less day to day stuff but still is the big banana. Tallon is also 66 and has 3 years left so this also could be grooming Joyce (was GM of AHL club, now AGM) to take over next.

Travis Yost ‏@travisyost 2h2 hours ago

Ottawa was > $1MM behind in their offer to Boudreau as of two hours ago, fwiw.

They didn't want to commit the way Minnesota wanted to commit.

My understanding is BB went to OTT with them as #1 choice. Significant disparity in commitment levels changed the landscape.

For one, Minnesota had a superior offer. Another, little confidence in OTT to spend competitively.

Man. I can really relate to how Sens-gaf feels. Absolutely brutal.

Top Bottom