• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Any links for people that might be interested in this story?

I can't find the actual articles just forum posts all over but this post sums up what the speculation and rumours swirling around were:

The consensus of things I have heard involve Gorges, Higgins and Price. Apparently Bettman is on his way to Montreal right now too.
I got this off the habs board
latest from insiders in the media (still just rumors at this point but we'll be fixed tomorrow):
- habs brass in meetings since 8pm tonight
- team meeting scheduled at midnight or whenever they arrive
- bettman en route for montreal
- police waiting for the players at the airport to arrest 3 (allegations rape & drugs)
- probable end of the career of the 3
Rumour: Gorges, Higgins, Price and possible SK74 will be arrested when they get into Montreal..I don't know if it makes sense. SK74 is already in Canada, so it probably wouldn't involve him..
Also, listen into CKAC around 1:30AM, it will be announced..

Naturally you read that and you wonder what the hell is going on, and then finally when they land and things get straightened out it turns out it's just this:

Exclusive! A criminal linked to three Habs players! Sergei Kostitsyn, Andrei Kostitsyn and Roman Hamrlik have an acquaintance linked to organized crime who's been arrested for drug trafficking. Women and crazy parties included.

calder

Oh man I remember that, I think a couple of us stayed up a bit late hoping to find out what was going down once they landed.

They way some of the early reports sounded you would have half expected Price to hole up in the plane and shoot it out with the cops like Dillinger. Hilarious in retrospect.

Solo

Of all those bad trades I listed, I think Chelios might be the worst. He'd just been named co-captain, he won the Norris that same year he was traded, and he was traded for an over the hill Savard that the Habs inexplicably coveted for 10+ years. Yes, we won a Cup that next season, but Chelios could and should have anchored the blue line for like 20 more fucking seasons. His final season was 2010, Subban's first season.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Wow

All i could think of was that football (baseball?) team where similar things happened. But daaaamn.

I can totally see that happen in all-female sports teams with male coaches and go unreported/not followed up. (Soccer, field hockey, volleyball, gymnastics, lacrosse, etc), I wonder how widespread it is.

edit:

wow: "USA Gymnastics also argued that it is not liable because the mandatory child abuse reporting laws in Florida and Indiana applied only to individuals, not to organizations."

wowowowowow, bunch of dipshits

Socreges

Banned
Wow

All i could think of was that football (baseball?) team where similar things happened. But daaaamn.

I can totally see that happen in all-female sports teams with male coaches and go unreported/not followed up. (Soccer, field hockey, volleyball, gymnastics, lacrosse, etc), I wonder how widespread it is.

edit:

wow: "USA Gymnastics also argued that it is not liable because the mandatory child abuse reporting laws in Florida and Indiana applied only to individuals, not to organizations."

wowowowowow, bunch of dipshits
Lawyers gonna lawyer.

Can't they then tie the liability to specific individuals within USA Gymnastics then?

zroid

Banned
woah Dragon Quest 8 is free on the amazon android app store atm

i'm probably not gonna play it cause i'm waiting for the 3DS version but still

Hey Jhonny I just completed NIER for the first time. I think I got the good ending...?

What a depressing game though.

There is Ending A, B, C, and D. IIRC the endings go in order. So the first time you beat it you get ending A, then after NG+ you get B, C, D.

It is quite depressing but soooo fucking good. I would recommend going for the other endings too

Also damn... :( the copy of Platinum I got was a fake... I even bought from a US seller...

Does anyone have a copy that they would be willing to sell me? If not I think Gamestop has some

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
NHL 17 beta has been fun but the amount of poke check spamming that goes on in both HUT & Versus is still ridiculous. People just switch players and spam it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Leafs have announced a sign or a trade the last 5 fridays

give it to me lou

give me summer news

i'm suffering from lack of hockey blues

Marvie_3

Banned
NHL 17 beta has been fun but the amount of poke check spamming that goes on in both HUT & Versus is still ridiculous. People just switch players and spam it.
True but defensive tools actually work this year. Im sure people will whine and EA will nerf them and then the game will devolve back into one man hero figure skatey mcdanglesnipez about a week after launch.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
True but defensive tools actually work this year. Im sure people will whine and EA will nerf them and then the game will devolve back into one man hero figure skatey mcdanglesnipez about a week after launch.
For sure, and it's not as easy to cheese, but that poke check needs to be adjusted before launch. Other than that, I've enjoyed it quite a bit.

Top Bottom