• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Quick

Banned
Some of the soundtrack choices were cringe. Especially since two of the tracks were ripped straight from Guardians of the Galaxy and are tracks from the 70s...

And no, it wasn't just IMAX. I was in an XtremeScreen session and his audio was fucked. Couldn't understand shit.

I recognized one from Guardians of the Galaxy (Spirit in the Sky), either I didn't pay attention or forgot what the other track was.

I'm hesitant to say that it ripped off GOTG since it's all licensed music, but the movie does seem to draw some parallels to it that stuff like that makes it more pronounced.

What ultimately separates both movies is GOTG feels genuine and had a lot of love, Suicide Squad is like the fucked up mirror version, pretty much like Superman to Bizarro.

I watched Batman v Superman, finally.

It's a perfectly acceptable comic book movie. After it settled down it was mostly enjoyable. I liked it a lot more than Man of Steel.

Fuck it I might even go see Suicide Squad now.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Went to the Vancouver NightNation and everytime I'm at a mass event here I'm amazed at how attractive Vancouver's general population is. Seriously crazy.

Quick

Banned
I went out to a local event and one of the women at a booth was pretty fucking hot, but she gave me the "country music only" (only dates white guys) vibe.

I went out to a local event and one of the women at a booth was pretty fucking hot, but she gave me the "country music only" (only dates white guys) vibe.

So my last name is unusual and the beginning part of a racial slur.

My first ever girlfriend when I was 15 told her family my full name while I was on the phone with her. I shit you not, "Is he a *********?" were the first words out of her sister's mouth. I was young and just didn't see it as the red flag it was. That was unfortunate.

Socreges

Banned
Pretty sure I just stole Evander Kane's taxi

He approached me saying it was his. I didn't say anything, dumbfounded. He relented. Just glad he didn't choke us

Quick

Banned
Go see Star Trek instead.

Beyond was pretty awesome. I really had fun watching it.

So my last name is unusual and the beginning part of a racial slur.

My first ever girlfriend when I was 15 told her family my full name while I was on the phone with her. I shit you not, "Is he a *********?" were the first words out of her sister's mouth. I was young and just didn't see it as the red flag it was. That was unfortunate.

You're not in this family are you?

I haven't had this kind of encounter thankfully, at least in terms I understand.

I dated a Vietnamese girl briefly in high school and I met her mom. Immediately they get into an argument and she implied that her mom was upset that she's dating someone that isn't Vietnamese.

It kind of sucks the Chapters near my house closed down. Always nice to come back home and curl up to a night of reading.

Nothing like eating up time at a bookstore.

Socreges

Banned
Also the cable lock on my bike, stationed at Canada Place, got cut. The U-lock remained and probably deterred the actual theft. Surreal

A night of danger and close calls....

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Not even close. But I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I thought GotG was a good, enjoyable movie, and thought the same about SS. I'd give the former the edge, but not by much, although that could be my preference for DCs characters.

If I were judging it technically, they wouldn't be nearly as close. Have to give SS props for
refusing to make the characters into heroes. They're bad people, who do bad things, and they accept it.
< not really a spoiler

Hated the Joker though, the rumoured cuts sound so much better.

I just realized that Nashville acquired a #1 centre, #1 defenseman and #1 winger all through trade.

That's insane.

I think people shouldn't underestimate the Preds.

That Defence is Deadly. The only thing I think is holding them back is the Goalie Situation.

Rinne is Jekyll and Hyde, one game he could look like a Veznia Candidate then the next he could look awful

Quick

Banned
Pretty sure I just stole Evander Kane's taxi

He approached me saying it was his. I didn't say anything, dumbfounded. He relented. Just glad he didn't choke us

I would've thought Kane was an Uber guy, but I realized that Vancouver doesn't have Uber.

Also the cable lock on my bike, stationed at Canada Place, got cut. The U-lock remained and probably deterred the actual theft. Surreal

A night of danger and close calls....

Almost got choked out by Kane and almost lost your bike.

Better try the lottery.

I just realized that Nashville acquired a #1 centre, #1 defenseman and #1 winger all through trade.

That's insane.
While this is true and I consider all 3 trades as good to great from their perspective, they also traded away a #1 D (for a better #1 D) and an exceptional D prospect for the # 1 C.

What In trying to say is that it is hard to get # 1 players If you havent aquired the assets from drafting. McPhee has a limited number of potential # 1 you can trade for scrubs.

S. Jones trade might still turn bad in a couple of years.

zroid

Banned
Anyone watch the Brazil vs Lithuania basketball game?

Lithuania won in the end, but it was almost one of the all-time great choke jobs.

Quick

Banned
I like watching the Olympics, partly as background noise. I haven't been able to watch anything during the day because of work, so I've just been checking out highlights.

I did manage to watch Women's Beach Volleyball late last night, which lasted to about 1:00 AM ET.

Top Bottom