• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

imBask

Banned
Dopey plays the long game. We'll have to wait until next June to see if this is wrong.

OK January when the Leafs are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs :(

January? That's progression! Started from the bottom now you're here

Socreges

Banned
Dopey plays the long game. We'll have to wait until next June to see if this is wrong.

OK January when the Leafs are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs :(
Yes, because that is the only way to know if Dopey's time-traveling fan fiction is true or not.

yyzjohn

Banned
Yes, because that is the only way to know if Dopey's time-traveling fan fiction is true or not.

I'm willing to give Dopey the benefit of the doubt on this one

twilightzone1280jpg-b68ece_1280w.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just saw Suicide Squad, I enjoyed it quite a bit, not really sure why it's getting slammed so much. I despised BvS, one of the worst movies I've seen, but SS just embraced the cartoonish aspects and had fun with it, rather than trying to be so dark and serious like BvS.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
weird how Dopey posted a screenshot but won't give us the actual source material, like a link or something

Columbo-scratching-o.gif

Because GAF lost its database in june 2004 and moving from game squad to NeoGAF was a complete restart

Nothing exists from back then

imBask

Banned
Guys i'm actually from the future.

It's Auglar 7th 2098 here (August was renamed after the 4th war)

still waiting for 2 things : the Leafs to win a Bettman Cup, and the new Frank Ocean album. Rumor says it's coming out next week

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Mmm, good. Let's keep this going.

So you decided to go searching through old threads from 2004 and happened across that particular post?

nah it's just in a big dump bin of garbage I have

i just look through things and find stuff I've saved or downloaded throughout the years

holy crap i still have jezball

best game

Guys i'm actually from the future.

It's Auglar 7th 2098 here (August was renamed after the 4th war)

still waiting for 2 things : the Leafs to win a Bettman Cup, and the new Frank Ocean album. Rumor says it's coming out next week

Is Pokemon Go still a broken piece of shit?

imBask

Banned
You'll have a bunch of people frothing at the mouth because it's GAF.

Reddit is the home to a bunch of alt-right losers.

well I mean, if you want to generalize and say Reddit is filled with alt-right losers, GAF is also filled with insane extreme left wing people

we need a middleground website, let's settle on 4chan

R/Hockey is alright. Probably one of the better sports subs

Frankly, that isn't enough to save the site. I use it as a good way to get quickfire updates on fast moving events, but aside from that, it isn't conducive to any sort of good discussion when the people there are more focused on getting easy karma and circlejerking.

well I mean, if you want to generalize and say Reddit is filled with alt-right losers, GAF is also filled with insane extreme left wing people

we need a middleground website, let's settle on 4chan

I'm not generalizing. Reddit has essentially become a splinter colony for the dregs of /pol/ and Stormfront to test out their new racist memes and astroturfed talking points.

imBask

Banned
Frankly, that isn't enough to save the site. I use it as a good way to get quickfire updates on fast moving events, but aside from that, it isn't conducive to any sort of good discussion when the people there are more focused on getting easy karma and circlejerking.

in that sense I will agree with you. There's barely any discussion over ther because of the voting system, if you go against the grain nobody will see your comment and that's that, so it ends up being a dumb circlejerk

I'm not generalizing. Reddit has essentially become a splinter colony for the dregs of /pol/ and Stormfront to test out their new racist memes and astroturfed talking points.

I can't agree with that though... I mean you'd have to take every subreddit separately. I barely ever post on reddit but I do only follow the subreddits I like, and I think they're fine

in that sense I will agree with you. There's barely any discussion over ther because of the voting system, if you go against the grain nobody will see your comment and that's that, so it ends up being a dumb circlejerk

I can't agree with that though... I mean you'd have to take every subreddit separately. I barely ever post on reddit but I do only follow the subreddits I like, and I think they're fine

At the same time though, I am talking about the defaults. AKA the subs that more then half of the users of the site look at. Sure, you can look at /r/hockey all the time and think it's hunky dory, but the way that Reddit admins treat the site as some sort of free speech bastion, when in reality it is harboring neo-Nazis and alt-right fucktards with ad-free sever space, and coddling them to fit their views, well, it doesn't reflect well on the site's management.

Remember, it took them YEARS to even attempt to shut down the sub that basically served as a fertile ground to harass members of GAF. This is the the same site that had it's users rise up and push out a CEO who just so happened to be female, and Asian to boot. This is the site that so happens to protect the right to bully and shame fat people and treat them as lolcows.

there is nothing redemptive about reddit, but GAF is only marginally better

Marginally? Try leagues better. The mods aren't chickenshit and won't hesitate to ban people for spouting off bigoted, stupid garbage. Something that Reddit mods and admins are too afraid to do.

zroid

Banned
Marginally? Try leagues better. The mods aren't chickenshit and won't hesitate to ban people for spouting off bigoted, stupid garbage. Something that Reddit mods and admins are too afraid to do.

I would argue the garbage and bigotry on GAF can be more insidious because it's subtler

imBask

Banned
I guess we'll have to disagree then. I think you're comparing apples and oranges, Reddit is a bunch of communities under one umbrella and they all have admins an manages themselves, they're like micro-websites within this big website, you can't really put them all together

I was about to continue on about the admins here vs the admins on reddit, but i'm afraid of getting banned here for even implying a critique at some of the bans on this site and I think that says a lot. I'd rather have crazy alt-right people explain to me why they think that way than ignoring them and pretending they don't exist. That is, if they actually want to talk about it, trolls and people looking for a reaction? that's something else. Then again it's not my website so whatever.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The best part about Gaf are the things the mods are trying to avoid, insular communities. There's a few groups I'll talk with regularly, but outside these groups the general chat is mostly garbage.

Top Bottom