• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Line_HTX

The best part about Gaf are the things the mods are trying to avoid, insular communities. There's a few groups I'll talk with regularly, but outside these groups the general chat is mostly garbage.

Yeah, sometimes this place and NFL gets that, and creates the wrong impression when someone new comes around. It's really annoying when people in OTD on some topics lament that we're unwelcoming.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, sometimes this place and NFL gets that, and creates the wrong impression when someone new comes around. It's really annoying when people in OTD on some topics lament that we're unwelcoming.
It's really annoying ... that we're unwelcoming. All it does is stifle the community.

Granted, if someone like CosmicQueso comes in and starts chirping but then can't handle it when people respond accordingly.... No sympathy.

imBask

Banned
real talk, I tried to mix in with the CS:GO community on GAF and they weren't nearly as cool or friendly as you guys or WrassleGAF

I still like you Line_HTX, you're cool

Quick

Banned
No man's sky got pushed back by 3 days? fuck offffffff

lol is this for real?

I actually thought about cancelling my pre-order since I may not have much time to play, but I'm buying it for $56 vs $79.99, and the price may not go down for a while if I wait.

iLLmAtlc

I think the unwelcoming label mainly comes from calling people bandwagoners. I think sports forums in general do that way too often. People have to start somewhere, and that's usually playoffs. People only deserve to be ridiculed if they disappear until the next playoffs imo.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
lol is this for real?

I actually thought about cancelling my pre-order since I may not have much time to play, but I'm buying it for $56 vs $79.99, and the price may not go down for a while if I wait.

For PC, yeah

Friday now :|

i mean... I guess I can wait because I have a week off starting that weekend

I think the unwelcoming label mainly comes from calling people bandwagoners. I think sports forums in general do that way too often. People have to start somewhere, and that's usually playoffs. People only deserve to be ridiculed if they disappear until the next playoffs imo.

I agree with this.

Even though I'm from Minnesota, it took watching Crosby and the Penguins win their cup in 09 before I really became a fan. Before that I was very passive at best.

Hell, for the first half season of my NHL fanhood, I was a bandwagon Pens fan. Then I saw the Northern Light.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Most of the sports communities here I find can be very open for people as long as they aren't fans of certain teams.

In NFL-GAF it's the New England Patriots. If you're new and a Pats fan good luck.

Here is the LA Kings. If the Leafs ever get good they'll probably take that mantle but there are enough members of Leafs-GAF to cancel that out for the most part.

imBask

Banned
Pats fans deserve what they have though

and I think it's normal to bandwagon if you didn't grow up surrounded by it. But I think it's also about commitment, I'm on the Impact bandwagon because of Drogba but now I fell in love with the game and I have a season ticket, which I plan on renewing even when he's gone. People who hop in to cheer for a good team and hop out as soon as they stop winning are the worst

Line_HTX

Y'all are at least friendly even with the salt. Over in the other community, I sometimes feel there are minimum 5 people that really don't want anime avatar people around during the season.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Y'all are at least friendly even with the salt. Over in the other community, I sometimes feel there are minimum 5 people that really don't want anime avatar people around during the season.

You filthy animu!!!

*resumes watching Jojo*

zroid

Banned
I agree with this.

Even though I'm from Minnesota, it took watching Crosby and the Penguins win their cup in 09 before I really became a fan. Before that I was very passive at best.

Hell, for the first half season of my NHL fanhood, I was a bandwagon Pens fan. Then I saw the Northern Light.

you were just presciently cheering for Kessel, it's alright man

iLLmAtlc

I wouldn't even call that salt, most of it is just trollin lol.

Last playoffs was a tame but I wouldn't want to be a new user walking into the 2015 habs/sens or nucks/flames series. >_>

Line_HTX

I wouldn't even call that salt, most of it is just trollin lol.

Last playoffs was a tame but I wouldn't want to be a new user walking into the 2015 habs/sens or nucks/flames series. >_>

I missed out on that. I only posted in those Finals a couple of times.

Line_HTX

IMO good example of being welcoming:

Creeper comes into thread asking about what's going to happen near the end in an ongoing popular "thriller" show.

TUSR then says haha Habs suck.

;P

There was no good salt. OKAY maybe Kings/Sharks in the first round of the playoffs but that's it

I was only salty because my eyes don't lie and the Kings NEVER had any sustained puck control at all be it even or behind, and yet all of you people kept insisting the Sharks were the same when it was obviously clear they weren't by how much control they had the entire series. I got really mad at the continuous lies in the face of visual evidence.

:T

Think the big thing is that outside of a select few fanbases, most teams only have 1-2 fans that regularly post ITT.

One fan can obviously be super salty about something, but it isn't nearly as fun as when you've got a whole brigade of Sens fans bitching and moaning about a platoon of Leafs fans. Or vice versa.

Holiday

Banned
The Chicago / St Louis series should have had a ton, but for some reason Blues-Age abandoned us this year :(
I was way busy most of last season and had no opportunity to watch any games until game 3, I think.

I'll be back this season though with cable TV to watch Fabbri continue his ascendance.

Quick

Banned
Something Nylander

t1I-66.gif

It's time you got an avatar that fits your username.

Adam-Scott-Deep-In-Thought-On-Parks-and-Recreation.gif

Heretic

It's really annoying ... that we're unwelcoming. All it does is stifle the community.

Granted, if someone like CosmicQueso comes in and starts chirping but then can't handle it when people respond accordingly.... No sympathy.

I remember Red_Man coming in guns blazing against Manics. Manics almost quit posting LOOOOL

Marvie_3

Banned
Think the big thing is that outside of a select few fanbases, most teams only have 1-2 fans that regularly post ITT.

One fan can obviously be super salty about something, but it isn't nearly as fun as when you've got a whole brigade of Sens fans bitching and moaning about a platoon of Leafs fans. Or vice versa.
Sorry nobody likes the Wild enough to post about them except you.

malfcn

Augh, pissed.

We lost our playoff game because of cunt referees. Scored a goal, goalie pulls it out of the net and they say they didn't see it. We have a 2-1 breakaway, one gets hauled down and they immediately stop to the play. Another play has someone body slammed and no call.

It was a fucking atrocious atrocity. Leaving the bar now.

Top Bottom