• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Foggy

Yeah, sometimes this place and NFL gets that, and creates the wrong impression when someone new comes around. It's really annoying when people in OTD on some topics lament that we're unwelcoming.

Just be a Blue Jackets fan and hide in the corner with me.

Sub-Zero dude hung out for a bit but he told me he was creeped out by all the avatars of barely legal Leafs prospects.

Granted, if someone like CosmicQueso comes in and starts chirping but then can't handle it when people respond accordingly.... No sympathy.

Wait. What?

First time I posted here Bats got under my skin a bit because I didn't know any better. Other than that, it's been great.

Except for the anime maybe. But MLBGAF is much worse with that.

Foggy

Give me avatar suggestions.

Matthews + Marner + B4-4. It must be done.

MjdCppTh.jpg

I'm a couple days lttp but SS just felt...there. Harley and Deadshot were good, everyone and everything else was just there to kinda fill time. Not as bad as BvS, not as bad as everyone says, but not go out of your way to see good. If you like Batman TAS Harley you'll like her portrayal here.

My sister wants to put signs "everywhere" after that Crosby jersey signing story. Not gonna lie, it was a pretty cute story lol

My girlfriend and I are planning to go to SF and LA in mid-October. Trying to get tickets to the Shorks home opener when they play the Kings. Not actually extortion prices!

*when compared to the leafs

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I think the unwelcoming label mainly comes from calling people bandwagoners. I think sports forums in general do that way too often. People have to start somewhere, and that's usually playoffs. People only deserve to be ridiculed if they disappear until the next playoffs imo.

Part of the problem with that is, usually during the finals, all these people you've never seen crawl out of the woodworks and be all like "i love [team]". This is pretty much why I stayed away from the SCF thread this year, and I am surprised I didn't get banned that one day I went off. >_>

Junior Members are an exception because who knows when their account was actually activated.

At least anime avatars are better than MLP avatars

MLP is barely a thing anymore. Thank god.

I'm the kind of person that posts all year, but even then only posting in the playoffs can make sense for even non bandwagon fans.

You can watch every regular season game and not give a shit to discuss it on a forum, but then come playoffs the fun of salt and taunting comes through.

I don't mind bandwagoners because people take different routes to becoming long time fans. I didn't watch hockey for a long time until the leafs made the playoffs again in the lockout season. But it at least reminded me of what made hockey fun to watch in the speed, the physicality, the athleticism, the KESSELELELELELELELELELELEL. The playoffs are magnetic.

then they were shit the next year and it became a question of "ok why are these guys terrible?" Some fans might leave, some might get curious and stay. If someone is a perpetual bandwagoner so be it, that's just how they choose to enjoy the sport.

calder

Here are the Cities you can move a Franchise to in NHL17

https://mobile.twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/status/762377804872908800

Halifax Senators has a nice ring to it.

Wow, a lot of very obviously "casual" markets got a generious "devoted" label intead. And Hamilton gets a "devoted" same as a Baltimore? EA can't even get these rankings right smh.

Moving the Coyotes to Skatchy would be epic though. I would honestly worry about public safety during those Coyotes/Jets games. ;)

Foggy

Do you live in Ohio, or am I mistaken? I'm genuinely surprised anyone outside of Canada knows of the abomination that was B4-4.

I'm cultured.

I also co-host a podcast with a guy from Victoria, so he clues me in on Canadian pop culture oddities. Although I am proud that introduced him to the poet, Chuggo. Now that I think of it, a Babcock Chuggo could be transcendental.

https://youtu.be/8PMGjn_d130

So, has anything exciting happened in this thread this since the draft (I know the Holland is still kicking tires on Dmen meaning nothing is going to happen) or has it been mainly:

Anime
Matthews
Cleary
Anime
Anime
Matthews
Anime

?

Syrinx

So, has anything exciting happened in this thread this since the draft (I know the Holland is still kicking tires on Dmen meaning nothing is going to happen) or has it been mainly:

Anime
Matthews
Cleary
Anime
Anime
Matthews
Anime

?

Danny DeKeyser got a big extension.

yyzjohn

Banned

Anime
Matthews
Cleary
Anime
Anime
Matthews
Anime

?

You forgot Marner and Nylander. A time traveler back in 2004 told us that the Leafs will win the Cup in 2017 and to remember the names Matthews, Marner and Nylander.

Yawnier

Banned

Anime
Matthews
Cleary
Anime
Anime
Matthews
Anime

?

Donald Trump
Kris Russell
Stranger Things
Suicide Squad

Danny DeKeyser got a big extension.

That I knew (and Mrazek), it was more or less just this thread in particular.

Edit: Guess you guys did talk about more than Anime, I'm impressed!

Side note, almost done paying off my student loans! I'll be done in October, 4 years after graduating and going into a completely unrelated field!

Top Bottom