• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Just tell me where to ship it to Calamari

thumb.aspx

Probably there

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
are you referring to the player with a different coloured jersey? cause that doesn't mean captain (I thought the same thing at first)
Yeah, I was. I just assumed it was the captain. Why else would you have a different colour jersey?

And we're not doing too good right now. Brazil is #1 though so I think we're doing pretty good considering.

zroid

Banned
Yeah, I was. I just assumed it was the captain. Why else would you have a different colour jersey?

And we're not doing too good right now. Brazil is #1 though so I think we're doing pretty good considering.
yeah it's a really strange thing, they are called a "Libero", basically they have a different role from the other players. I assume the different jersey is to make it easier for the officials to recognize them.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
yeah it's a really strange thing, they are called a "Libero", basically they have a different role from the other players. I assume the different jersey is to make it easier for the officials to recognize them.

Huh. Reading up on it they are a specialized defensive player who has specific restrictions on what they can do which is why they have the different jersey.

We're doing better this match.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Yup. Had to text my buddy who is a volleyball referee

Edit:

He only gets to play in the back row for defense. He usually goes in the for middle blocker who is usually the tallest and slowest player.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Thanks again for the congratulations everyone, it means a lot!

I don't want to be that guy who posts pictures of his kid, but I'm going to be anyway:

20160805_155659_zpsrigb0ga7.jpg

Notice the color of the shirt. If he ends up a Kings/Raiders fan, it won't be because I didn't try.

Calamari you've got my love. I saw firsthand how difficult that first year could be, so hang in there buddy.

Thankfully he hasn't been very difficult so far, he sleeps 4+ hours at a time at night if we let him. I feel that the other difficulties will be easier to handle if we all have decent sleep. I can tell that the constant breastfeeding is slowly driving my wife insane, though.

Quick

Banned
I wanted to play No Man's Sky but then started to watch the volleyball. But yeah, past midnight for a game is a bit crazy.

I started up No Man's Sky at like 9:30 or 10 and I decided to switch it off just now.

Where the fuck did my time go. I don't know what the fuck I did in the game for the two hours or so.

BABY SQUID

By the power vested in me by the Province of Ontario, this here's a baby that can probably live in Mimico.

Socreges

Banned
If I have a router that's capable of 1300 Mbps but the Ethernet cable going from the modem to the router only does 1000 Mbps....does that theoretically limit the speed to 1000?

But that said my internet provider only does "Up to 150 Mbps* download speed" (which is very fast apparently)

So why the hell does anyone care if their router can do speeds that no internet provider ever allows?

ummm_1237346i.jpg

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I started up No Man's Sky at like 9:30 or 10 and I decided to switch it off just now.

Where the fuck did my time go. I don't know what the fuck I did in the game for the two hours or so.

I finally played for a bit. I don't know exactly what I am doing but I'm on a toxic planet with hostile drones. I'm on the third generation lol.

iLLmAtlc

If I have a router that's capable of 1300 Mbps but the Ethernet cable going from the modem to the router only does 1000 Mbps....does that theoretically limit the speed to 1000?

But that said my internet provider only does "Up to 150 Mbps* download speed" (which is very fast apparently)

So why the hell does anyone care if their router can do speeds that no internet provider ever allows?

ummm_1237346i.jpg

Hey man isn't that the popular shaw deal? What terms did you get?

Heretic

I don't want to be that guy who posts pictures of his kid, but I'm going to be anyway:

Notice the color of the shirt. If he ends up a Kings/Raiders fan, it won't be because I didn't try.

Thankfully he hasn't been very difficult so far, he sleeps 4+ hours at a time at night if we let him. I feel that the other difficulties will be easier to handle if we all have decent sleep. I can tell that the constant breastfeeding is slowly driving my wife insane, though.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ummm_1237346i.jpg

data transfer doesn't always mean Internets!

Socreges

Banned
Hey man isn't that the popular shaw deal? What terms did you get?
Hah, yep. One of my tenants has an 'in' so no term and a very good price. Got lucky.

data transfer doesn't always mean Internets!
Hmm right. So 1300 Mbps on my home network then, for example. And therefore the connection to the modem would be meaningless as well?

I actually want to set up a proper home network for media sharing etc. Something I haven't done before - got a lot to learn.

What an adorable kid. I hope you can take some time to stay home with the wife. When my boy was born we got to spend four months at home together. It was amazing and anybody who can should do it.

I want to hold your baby Calamari. I want to hold him badly.

yyzjohn

Banned

Cute pic buddy! Congrats, but you should have named him Auston.

Foggy

That's a cute kid, congrats Cal!

Just be sure not to shake the baby. I read it on a Frisbee one time and it seemed important.

Top Bottom