• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Cake Boss

Banned
793458.jpg

Cute kid Calamari, already rocking the Docks orange.

Pikma

Banned
Thanks again for the congratulations everyone, it means a lot!

I don't want to be that guy who posts pictures of his kid, but I'm going to be anyway:

20160805_155659_zpsrigb0ga7.jpg

Notice the color of the shirt. If he ends up a Kings/Raiders fan, it won't be because I didn't try.

Thankfully he hasn't been very difficult so far, he sleeps 4+ hours at a time at night if we let him. I feel that the other difficulties will be easier to handle if we all have decent sleep. I can tell that the constant breastfeeding is slowly driving my wife insane, though.
That's a pretty weird looking squid if I've ever seen one (where are the rest of his tentacles???) but damn cute nonetheless

Foggy

NMS looked dull as hell to me but I've always like contained, carefully designed games. How's the reception so far?

imBask

Banned
What are they up arms about this time?

Redditors found the same planet, couldn't see eachother, Sean Murray kept saying you could

Sucks that he lied tbh, but as expected the anti-fun brigade is latching to whatever they can to shit on the cool new thing. Most likely the same people who believe Pokemon GO is a bad thing

I played for like 4h last night, I love space and it's a niche game for people like me

Line_HTX

Redditors found the same planet, couldn't see eachother, Sean Murray kept saying you could

Sucks that he lied tbh, but as expected the anti-fun brigade is latching to whatever they can to shit on the cool new thing. Most likely the same people who believe Pokemon GO is a bad thing

I played for like 4h last night, I love space and it's a niche game for people like me

Well, I never believed Pokemon GO was a bad thing, but I will admit I enjoyed those that pushed the hype got eggs on their faces. Not saying the game is bad or anything, as it looks good and and fun, but those people need to chill.

imBask

Banned
Well, I never believed Pokemon GO was a bad thing, but I will admit I enjoyed those that pushed the hype got eggs on their faces. Not saying the game is bad or anything, as it looks good and and fun, but those people need to chill.

I can agree with you on that, except i'm sad because ultimately it hurts the game and it's reviews, and therefore sales

If the game came out of nowhere it would be getting praised left and right

I can agree with you on that, except i'm sad because ultimately it hurts the game and it's reviews, and therefore sales

If the game came out of nowhere it would be getting praised left and right

I've only played it for a bit, but it seems pretty fun. I'm not sure if it's $70 fun, but it's fun. I don't pay much attention to marketing, so I didn't really have crazy expectations going in.

Razorskin

----- ------

But that vague tweet says we can!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I know it's nearly impossible, but I'd love to see a big budget game just dropped onto store shelves without any previews, or anybody knowing anything about it before hand.

Look at reviews for games now, and count the amount of times each reviewer uses the same exact wording and buzz words they've been supplied from the publishers. Not that I read reviews anymore, but I'd love to see something catch them off guard, and truly read their first impressions without somebody else providing them with reasons the game should be great.

imBask

Banned
I know it's nearly impossible, but I'd love to see a big budget game just dropped onto store shelves without any previews, or anybody knowing anything about it before hand.

Look at reviews for games now, and count the amount of times each reviewer uses the same exact wording and buzz words they've been supplied from the publishers. Not that I read reviews anymore, but I'd love to see something catch them off guard, and truly read their first impressions without somebody else providing them with reasons the game should be great.

I still think Rockstar could pull this off and still make a bazillion

I still think they're going to announce AND release Red Dead Roguesquadron in 2016

Cake Boss

Banned
Game had me at space and exploration of thousands of planets, then it lost me at mining and crafting shit. Same reason why I couldn't finish Witcher 3, the amount of time you spend in the menu micromanaging/crafting potions/weapons/armor instead of the core game play fucking ruined it.

It seems like its the new norm for AAA games now, same shit I couldn't get through 10 hours of Fallout 4, the whole micro managing of your settlements and having to go through the pip boy menu to manage the inventory and crap that you picked up completely ruins the game for me now. They leave you no choice but to horde every little piece that you see. Developers are creating these beautiful detailed worlds but with mediocre to shitty gameplay and crappy story lines with filler quests and a hording inventory systems that take up half of your gameplay time micromanaging it. I use to love hearing the word Open World for game announcements but now I just dread hearing those words.

Line_HTX

Open world has lost its touch. It's so washed up it's trash now and they need to fucking stop with this.

Red Dead is doo-doo unlike GTAV, Kappa.

I just want another Test Drive Unlimited type game. Thankfully, Forza Horizon is filling that gap...but I really don't want to buy a Xbone to play it, and I really don't want to build a PC for it.

imBask

Banned
I just want another Test Drive Unlimited type game. Thankfully, Forza Horizon is filling that gap...but I really don't want to buy a Xbone to play it, and I really don't want to build a PC for it.

I still have PTSD because of Test Drive Unlimited 2, please refrain from using that title ever again

Quick

Banned
The crafting isn't as overwhelming as The Witcher, IMO. So, it was tolerable for me.

That being said, I'm stuck on trying to advance in the game with
crafting warp cells for my hyperdrive
, so...yeah.

The game was giving me a bit of a headache with the motion. Might just be tiredness on my part, though.

Yawnier

Banned
I still think Rockstar could pull this off and still make a bazillion

I still think they're going to announce AND release Red Dead Roguesquadron in 2016

I could actually see Rockstar throwing a Red Dead 3 announcement trailer on their youtube channel some random day this fall, like they did with GTA V.

I still have PTSD because of Test Drive Unlimited 2, please refrain from using that title ever again

Believe me, I do too.

Trying being on the official forums and being hyped as fuck for that game...and seeing the trainwreck happen in front of your eyes.

But at the end of the day, there were some good ideas buried in it, and it was a joy to drive around and explore. But it certainly was a Jekyll and Hyde game.

imBask

Banned
Believe me, I do too.

Trying being on the official forums and being hyped as fuck for that game...and seeing the trainwreck happen in front of your eyes.

But at the end of the day, there were some good ideas buried in it, and it was a joy to drive around and explore. But it certainly was a Jekyll and Hyde game.

I still don't get how the first game isn't a bigger deal than it is. It was an INCREDIBLE game

I still don't get how the first game isn't a bigger deal than it is. It was an INCREDIBLE game

It still holds up in nearly every facet that isn't graphics wise.

I do agree that the scope is something that very few games attempted in the last generation, and it wasn't until Forza Horizon perfected it that it was worthwhile. But Horizon owes it's existence to TDU.

I bet that Shark listens to Linkin Park and 30 Seconds to Mars

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't hold 30STM in contempt?

I remember being really interested in TDU1, but only had a PS2 at the time. Pushed it off and I think the servers shutdown. Is the 360 version worth playing now or does Forza Horizon mostly scratch that itch?

Racing games in general get no real love from the public anymore...

I remember being really interested in TDU1, but only had a PS2 at the time. Pushed it off and I think the servers shutdown. Is the 360 version worth playing now or does Forza Horizon mostly scratch that itch?

Racing games in general get no real love from the public anymore...

I think FH and TDU do different things to the same end goal. The game might look like arse, but both games are quite good.

For the most part, I think Forza Horizon does a good job in modernizing the ideas TDU couldn't.

I do agree racing games get no love from anybody anymore, but it's mainly due to licensing costs that series like Midnight Club, TDU and others are left to the wayside.

My favourite thing about newborn babies is how they're constantly surprised and shocked by everything they see.

They're like "woah A HAND!" and they wave their hand in front of themselves as their eyes widen and adjust.

To get that sort of level of newborn fascination and innocence, we have to take LSD!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

My understanding from asking around is (assuming that what they've been saying is truthful and still relevant to the final release) that you might see another player if you're in the same place but it's not a guarantee (although given how rarely such an encounter will likely be, it should probably happen more often than not). It apparently works on Journey's system where the servers look to see where players are in relation to one another and then pull players that it sees are close together into the same instance. The servers are clearly overloaded, though, given that I wasn't able to maintain a connection to the servers for more than a couple minutes at a time tops last night even for basic things like discoveries, so I'm sure if that functionality does exist it's almost certainly not working properly (or at all) with the launch stress.

Of course, they might be full of shit and you really can't see other players after all under any circumstances, but considering they seem to have rather remarkably otherwise delivered on about 95% of what was promised in the game, I think it would be fair to wait until they've sorted out all the obvious connection issues before declaring whether somebody lied or not.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Cancellara is awesome. Shame he's retiring.

Going out at the top, the way it should be. Had a fantastic career, he will be dearly missed in a sport full of cheaters he always seemed like a hard-working, decent guy.

Top Bottom