• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
kxIfqpz.gif

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YOU COMMIT TO BORODICKS FOR 3 YEARS BEFORE HE EVEN PLAYS A GAME AND NOW YOU CANT EVEN COMMIT YOUR LEADING GOAL SCORER 2 SEASONS IN A ROW AND HAVE TO FILE ARBITRATION FOR THE 2ND TIME FUUUUCCCKKK YOOOUUUUUUUUUU OTTTAWA AND FUCK YOU MELNYK

Watch the sens walk away from the result lol

Yawnier

Banned
IIRC Xillia 2 was a better game.

And LMAO at the CSGO pyramid scheme.

Xillia 2 is definitely the better game. More playable characters, better story, more expanded world than the first game.

I didn't like the padding though in having to pay off a portion of the debt before being able to continue with the main game every hour or two.

This is a good thing and routine. Filing for arbitration means he can't be subject to an offer sheet. Not that anyone uses them much.

They will probably come to a deal minutes before his hearing.

Worst case they get him for another year.

Holiday

Banned
The NHL network is showing USA vs. Canada from the 96 World Cup. Feeling nostalgic as I watch Foote and Hatcher rough it up.

I've never seen the movie Miracle, and want to, even though I'm Canadian. It was on TV, randomly, the other day, but I caught it about 15 minutes in and didn't PVR it as a result.

Man, I can't wait for the season to begin, and to see the Leafs' kids in action.

Well today sucks....

The Girl I've been dating wants to start over.. She got upset at me over something small but worthy of being upset at but how she got upset was something that bothered her since she had gotten out of a long term relationship before we did. So with her overreacting she scared herself and now doesn't think she is ready and thinks we jumped into this almost 3 months later... Idk what to think. Starting over has never worked for me. The feelings still are there and it won't be the same.

Do any of you have experience with this? Idk if I should give it a try or just stop it.

That's an incredible offer for Subban, but I can see why the Habs would say no. Hall is really good, Nurse has potential, and the 4th could've been Dubois, but neither have the franchise tag of Subban. I think Bergevin really wanted more character and leadership.

Well today sucks....

The Girl I've been dating wants to start over.. She got upset at me over something small but worthy of being upset at but how she got upset was something that bothered her since she had gotten out of a long term relationship before we did. So with her overreacting she scared herself and now doesn't think she is ready and thinks we jumped into this almost 3 months later... Idk what to think. Starting over has never worked for me. The feelings still are there and it won't be the same.

Do any of you have experience with this? Idk if I should give it a try or just stop it.

Start over = break? They're very hard to come back from. Try to make it work, but be prepared to break it off.

Cake Boss

Banned
Next time you see Steve Simmonds, look at his right eye. Does it not look like he just took a facial right in the eye, and he's having trouble opening it as the someone's man love is keeping his eye lids stuck together.

Cake Boss

Banned
That's an incredible offer for Subban, but I can see why the Habs would say no. Hall is really good, Nurse has potential, and the 4th could've been Dubois, but neither have the franchise tag of Subban. I think Bergevin really wanted more character and leadership.

wut, Hall has more of a franchise tag than Weber, whatever that is.

Start over = break? They're very hard to come back from. Try to make it work, but be prepared to break it off.

Yeah that's what I figured... It feels wrong to do keep it going now. Before this everything was going great but this came out of nowhere and now I'm ready to move one while I was planning to be with her for quite some time.

Quick

Banned

I feel like this still fits with Hall alone.

Nurse and the 4th are just added bonuses if that's all he's looking for. And Nurse would fill in a vacant D spot.

Edit: That being said, I think that trade proposal might be too one sided to be completely true. Maybe Subban + a pick or a prospect instead of just Subban solo.

imBask

Banned
I feel like this still fits with Hall alone.

Nurse and the 4th are just added bonuses if that's all he's looking for. And Nurse would fill in a vacant D spot.

Hall for Subban? are you Creeper? Where's the cat playing piano gif when I need it

Quick

Banned
Hall for Subban? are you Creeper? Where's the cat playing piano gif when I need it

I meant the bolded part, in that it still would make sense if Bergevin is looking for "character and leadership" since Hall alone would fill that, and having Nurse and the 4th pick in that package makes it an even better package.

I'm insulted that you think I'm a cat.

imBask

Banned
I meant the bolded part, in that it still would make sense if Bergevin is looking for "character and leadership" since Hall alone would fill that, and having Nurse and the 4th pick in that package makes it an even better package.

I'm insulted that you think I'm a cat.

I know you're not a cat, you have a pig avatar

Mentok

Banned
Yeah that's what I figured... It feels wrong to do keep it going now. Before this everything was going great but this came out of nowhere and now I'm ready to move one while I was planning to be with her for quite some time.

Yeah sadly it seems like she may be spooked about committing to something serious, so you may want to be prepared to cut out before you invest more to it.

Yeah sadly it seems like she may be spooked about committing to something serious, so you may want to be prepared to cut out before you invest more to it.

WEll she doesn't seem spooked by that since she has been in long-term relationships and she wants to be in it long term with me but she is super confused but wants to be like friends with benefits but still together? idk it's a weird situation

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
“He’s pretty well known,” Matthews said of Marner. “I was watching their (Knights) playoffs and went up there for a game to meet him. He’s a special player.

Matthews had to meet his future linemate before he was drafted lol

If the Leafs are 'just' $600,000 over the cap right now, then Horton's contract should give them lots of room. Room they can use to re-sign Carrick and maybe Corrado.

Cake Boss

Banned
“He’s pretty well known,” Matthews said of Marner. “I was watching their (Knights) playoffs and went up there for a game to meet him. He’s a special player.

Hahahahaha wooow so amazing lol. Oh my god so good yes.

I was thinking Hall Galchenyuk Poolparty

Now I'm sad. I think if we traded Subban for that deal it would've soften the blow for me personally, because I hate everything about the Shea Weber deal.

Fuck. This is going to put the Habs a step backwards. Its a setback at being Stanley Cup contenders

Shea Weber is going to make our team worse. I can feel it

Mentok

Banned
WEll she doesn't seem spooked by that since she has been in long-term relationships and she wants to be in it long term with me but she is super confused but wants to be like friends with benefits but still together? idk it's a weird situation

Right, she was in a long term relationship, but how did that one end? It may be an indication of where her head's at.

Also, the bold, friends w/ benefits almost never works...sorry that it's turned this way. If you think it's weird, you may want to walk away.

Now I'm sad. I think if we traded Subban for that deal it would've soften the blow for me personally, because I hate everything about the Shea Weber deal.

Fuck. This is going to put the Habs a step backwards. Its a setback at being Stanley Cup contenders

Shea Weber is going to make our team worse. I can feel it

Well, if it makes you feel any better, look at the source. I doubt this was an actual deal. It may have been pieces of a deal, but not what was actually offered.

Right, she was in a long term relationship, but how did that one end? It may be an indication of where her head's at.

Also, the bold, friends w/ benefits almost never works...sorry that it's turned this way. If you think it's weird, you may want to walk away.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, look at the source. I doubt this was an actual deal. It may have been pieces of a deal, but not what was actually offered.

Yeah.. I am much more leaning towards walking away but then she throws out like, "oh you give up easily" or "am I not worth the wait" or whatever and idk but that pisses me off. Am I in the wrong there?

But I have ton friends with benefits that worked out great but not going backwards from a relationship into it. It won't be the same. I think I do need to step away.

zroid

Banned

Blessed

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah.. I am much more leaning towards walking away but then she throws out like, "oh you give up easily" or "am I not worth the wait" or whatever and idk but that pisses me off. Am I in the wrong there?

But I have ton friends with benefits that worked out great but not going backwards from a relationship into it. It won't be the same. I think I do need to step away.
Yeah. Bail. Maybe in the future she'll figure out what the fuck she wants but you shouldnt tie yourself down with her problems.

Top Bottom