• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

just your typical routine signing

d4fa354533214a9b883a436c9bc88e2f.png

Oh shit I've got another one: can't wait for that guy to get overused.

Solo

AGally had a picture of him & DSP recently too, and we all know DSP was traded because him and AGally were partying too hard and AGally's beast mode activation coincided with the trading of DSP.

imBask

Banned
Apparently Laraque said Oilers offered Hall, Nurse and the 4th pick for Subban and we said no, and I kinda believe him when it comes to what the Oilers do

Silexx

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What happened? He was so good with Saint John!

Don't have full context just yet, but this is what was reported:

Sylvain St-Laurent ‏@Syl_St_Laurent 24m24 minutes ago

Le camp d'été des #Sens se termine. Thomas Chabot ne reçoit pas une bonne note. "Je m'attendais à plus de sa part", dit Randy Lee. #ledroit

Now, it's all relative. Chabot has some high expectations as a prospect, so Randy Lee is perhaps saying that Chabot is simply not yet meeting the standard they've set for him personally rather than relative to any of the other prospects there. But I think they're clearly trying to send the message to Chabot that they need him to step up. Perhaps not a coincidence that this is coming from the francophone beat reporter.

Mentok

Banned
Apparently Laraque said Oilers offered Hall, Nurse and the 4th pick for Subban and we said no, and I kinda believe him when it comes to what the Oilers do

Lol I just can't believe this at all.

As for AGally, if they trade him then we may as well trade Price and go full retard....then I'd get to use this gem:

c14.jpg

Quick

Banned
Matthews might've only been assigned that number for camp. Dude can still flip to 34 or an even lower number before pre-season/opening night.

I know there's that whole thing about Lou and numbers, but still.

Cake Boss

Banned
Don't have full context just yet, but this is what was reported:

Now, it's all relative. Chabot has some high expectations as a prospect, so Randy Lee is perhaps saying that Chabot is simply not yet meeting the standard they've set for him personally rather than relative to any of the other prospects there. But I think they're clearly trying to send the message to Chabot that they need him to step up. Perhaps not a coincidence that this is coming from the francophone beat reporter.

Watching the skrimmage yesterday, he was neither bad or good, he just simply was there and you could tell if he actually took this camp seriously he would dominate the whole thing. Flashes of amazing Norrisson like rushes but being a dev camp of prospects, there was no structure and everyone was running around like headless chicken, it seemed to not benefit his game as much since his game depends on being in the right position and putting his teammates in right positions.

Brown tho, holy shit, talk about skill and vision coming out of this guys butthole, and the skating and the hockeysense to slow the game down. fuck me, he could already be our best prospect in the system, while already being 6'6. Somewhere All Bran tugged on his small pastry weiner last night thinking about this kids potential.

Yawnier

Banned
Now Mirtle is getting me worried about Matthews' contract...

If Auston doesn't agree to Lou's terms on his ELC contract he is gonna end up sleeping with the fishes in Lake Ontario:

@generalfanager 24m24 minutes ago

Only two top 4 picks since 2008 did not receive ELC Sched B bonuses. Both Lamoriello draft picks: Marner and Larsson

imBask

Banned
I don't care about the NBA but now I kinda wanna buy the next game just to play with the Golden State Warriors online

Marvie_3

Banned
Sure, but only if you take Lehtonen with you
Ok but you have to take him back after an hour and give us our 7th back.

My parents are uber patriotic and read the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence like we are reading fucking Christmas stories or some shit.

I hate the 4th of July
Time to find a new family.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

that's an AHL loser number
Or a Mike Ribeiro number.

zroid

Banned
Meanwhile Stamkos takes a massive discount to stay in the same place days before becoming a free agent

the NHL shoots itself in the foot every time it has an opportunity to generate some excitement and interest

imBask

Banned
Meanwhile Stamkos takes a massive discount to stay in the same place days before becoming a free agent

the NHL shoots itself in the foot every time it has an opportunity to generate some excitement and interest

you just wait for the inevitable Malkin trade to Chicago

Marvie_3

Banned

Zero competitive balance in a league is fucking boring.

Cake Boss

Banned

People keep saying he left money on the table by not going to Toronto. Is this even true if you take into the account of the taxes he will be saving? If he got paid $11M in TOR, is that equivalent to $8.5M in TB?

Samyy

People keep saying he left money on the table by not going to Toronto. Is this even true if you take into the account of the taxes he will be saving? If he got paid $11M in TOR, is that equivalent to $8.5M in TB?

There is no way to determine this without knowing the entire facts surrounding his living situation, all those articles you might've read during that week are bullshit oversimplifications of a very complicated issue. Since he spends his summers in Canada, owns a house here and stuff he might already be taxed as a Canadian resident. We don't know and we need a lot of information to determine what his tax situation is.

Quick

Banned

:lol

At least Durant didn't go for an ESPN special. Fuck that noise.

Durant's hunting for a championship, and I can't blame him really. Not that OKC can't do it, but the Warriors are his best chance at it. It's pretty much Hossa joining Chicago, minus the age.

Zero competitive balance in a league is fucking boring.

NBA on parity: "What's parity?"

Wonder when the first person will look in the crapper after Matthews walks out to see if they can get an analysis of the color of his waste and use that to extrapolate how many goals he'll score.

Quick

Banned
My 2009 Macbook looks to be near the end of its life.

It's now officially outdated (the new MacOS isn't supported) and I just received a "Service Battery" warning.

WELP.

Quick

Banned
It had a good run. I'll be glad if my Mac will last 7 years.

I used it a lot for school, but after getting my first iPad (iPad 3), it's really seen little use outside of the occasional web browsing. I upgraded the RAM to 8GB a few years ago, so it's not slow as hell at least.

I could still use a laptop for whenever I travel, so I might end up getting another Macbook Pro or an Air.

iLLmAtlc

I don't think there's any NHL comparison for Durant going to GS. The NBA players could play 40/48 minutes of the game, the impact is much greater than any 1 NHL player going anywhere.

Looked like Thunder had GS in the most trouble this year, I don't think it was impossible for them to win the next time around. He didn't even have to do this IMO.

I'm also too salty to ever concede that I can't beat you so I have to join you. That's weak as fuck.

Top Bottom