• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

but they want the D

give them the D in the form of DvD

Give em Dick Pound instead.

ZukaJKK.jpg

zroid

Banned
I was just looking at my local library's new acquisitions, and yesterday they acquired a graphic novel series called "We Stand on Guard".

Set 100 years in our future, WE STAND ON GUARD follows a heroic bandof Canadian civilians turned freedom fighters who must defend their homelandfrom invasion by a technologically superior opponent...the United States of America.

...coincidence?

Samyy

Someone build my a PC pls
I'm to scared to do it myself D:

Shopping around for a good computer and all these stock/pre-built ones seem too expensive for what your getting.

Calamari41

41 > 38

Shopping around for a good computer and all these stock/pre-built ones seem too expensive for what your getting.

Watch some video tutorials and give it a try, its a great skill to learn and its pretty easy all said and done. I've found that cable management is actually the most difficult part. The rest is almost like doing Legos LEGO Brand Building Block Experience.

imBask

Banned

you could look for a small local shop that'll build it for you for a small fee, there's like a billion of them in Montreal

they usually offer a couple of pre-selected stuff and build in front of you, or you can ask them for whatever you want really

Foggy

I'm curious who the bottom 5 teams will be next year. This year it was TOR, EDMONTON, VAN, CBJ, and CGY. I would say there's a very good chance it's a repeat but just jumbled around. I see Winnipeg, Buffalo and Arizona improving, Montreal shouldn't be worse. Maybe the dark horses to fall completely off a cliff would be Ottawa and Colorado.

If I had to guess, bottom 5 will be EDM, TOR, VAN, CBJ, and COL.

Silexx

How did they have you guys win out? Maple syrup embargo?

In all seriousness?

The remaining Canadian guerilla fighters basically launch a suicide attack in order to poison most of the fresh water lakes, which basically leaves Canada devoid of any meaningful resources for the Americans to occupy so they leave.

Calamari41

41 > 38
In all seriousness?

The remaining Canadian guerilla fighters basically launch a suicide attack in order to poison most of the fresh water lakes, which basically leaves Canada devoid of any meaningful resources for the Americans to occupy so they leave.

God damn. That's
kind of insulting to Canada. You guys have way more of value than fresh water lakes... like opulent Vancouver lofts and gourmet baby food

Building a PC is just pluggin in stuff, memory, CPU/Heatsink, hard drives, power, etc. I don't think there's anything you can plug incorrectly anymore. The hardest part that you'll spend time on is cable management to keep it neat (and improve cooling).

Used to build PCs with limited funds, now since I have less limited funds I just go all out and don't compromise. L

Don't skimp on the power supply by the way.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Building a PC is just pluggin in stuff, memory, CPU/Heatsink, hard drives, power, etc. I don't think there's anything you can plug incorrectly anymore. The hardest part that you'll spend time on is cable management to keep it neat (and improve cooling).

Used to build PCs with limited funds, now since I have less limited funds I just go all out and don't compromise. L

Yes, get a very good power supply and motherboard and you won't need to replace them pretty much ever. Shell out now for a good processor and you won't need to replace that for a really, really long time either. If you spend more up front, all you'll ever really have to do is swap out video cards every now and then.

It's so fucking easy. I replaced my PSU, CPU, GPU and the hardest part was making sure I got hardware with the right sockets and dimensions. I have a 980ti in my tower now and yeah the cables are pretty packed in with little room to spare. Hardest part was plugging in a cord into my blu-ray player, it needed a converter and there was so little room from my PSU to disc drive.

I only like stuff like Waylon Jennings and Johnny Cash.

Johnny Cash is good, but he's so far removed from the shit that is produced today. I don't even consider him to be in the genre when I make my statement of hate towards country music.

the only thing that can be tricky is makign sure to buy the right parts. Like if you buy a new 6xxx series CPU make sure you buy a socket 1151 motherboard, not an 1150. However plenty of people online can verify your cart and make sure you dont fuck up.

Once you have the parts in very little can go wrong. The only common mistake I can think of is not putting the CPU in straight down and gently and accidentally bending pins on the motherboard. Overall a low risk.

I don't know, I kinda understand him. Handling a $450 small and fragile CPU gave me PTSD
I dont think CPUs are very fragile though, especially intel where the pins are on the motherboard instead.

What a piece of shit.

Edit: Site is blocked, apparently Sean Avery is harassing homeless people on Snap Chat, not sure if it's credible since the site is blocked now.

Mentok

Banned
Yeah.. I am much more leaning towards walking away but then she throws out like, "oh you give up easily" or "am I not worth the wait" or whatever and idk but that pisses me off. Am I in the wrong there?

But I have ton friends with benefits that worked out great but not going backwards from a relationship into it. It won't be the same. I think I do need to step away.

No you're not in the wrong, she seems to want her cake and eat it too, and doesn't really seem to regard how you feel about it.

Also, Cash ain't country, he's a league of his own.

Looking at the build PC thread for parts info and then searching up Canadian prices and dying inside

Yea, you'll have to approach it a bit more patiently thanks to the CAD. Wait for sales etc.

I think video cards get some pretty decent price reductions in the fall.

As others have said, the build itself is pretty easy. What sucks is when something fails and you spend hours figuring out what it was. When I built my PC 4 years ago, one of the ram sticks was faulty. Took me a few hours to figure out what the specific issue was.

Samyy

Welcome to sunnyways.

:(

Yea, you'll have to approach it a bit more patiently thanks to the CAD. Wait for sales etc.

I think video cards get some pretty decent price reductions in the fall.

As others have said, the build itself is pretty easy. What sucks is when something fails and you spend hours figuring out what it was. When I built my PC 4 years ago, one of the ram sticks was faulty. Took me a few hours to figure out what the specific issue was.

What sites/stores do you recommend purchasing from? Right now I'm just looking at Amazon.

I'm on leave all summer to study for this exam in September so I wanted to build it within the next two weeks so I can actually enjoy it before I have to seriously study but I guess if I want to do it right I can be patient >.<

It's not too bad. I have zero computer assembly experience and even I managed to put mine together two months ago.

Use a site like PCPartPicker if you want to ensure your stuff is gonna be compatible, and it should lock you out of options that won't work for your build. It has price aggregation as well so it makes it handy to see price trends and where has it cheaper. I had my build open for months on my phone lol

Samyy said:
What sites/stores do you recommend purchasing from? Right now I'm just looking at Amazon.

I'm on leave all summer to study for this exam in September so I wanted to build it within the next two weeks so I can actually enjoy it before I have to seriously study but I guess if I want to do it right I can be patient >.<

I use newegg and NCIX.

Top Bottom