• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'll never understand how solid bottom 6 role players like Santo end up falling through the cracks every year while a guy like Matt Martin gets a $10 million contract

It's not that surprising after you learn most NHL executives actually think like Don Cherry.

I wouldn't worry at all about the Leafs' cap space.

I wouldn't say I'm worried. Maybe a bit, but I tell myself it's for no reason. I mean, we're in a rebuild and still have bad contracts that will come off the books before we're competitive.

Plus, Horton's on LTIR.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'll never understand how solid bottom 6 role players like Santo end up falling through the cracks every year while a guy like Matt Martin gets a $10 million contract
According to LeBrun most hockey execs he's spoken with think we won the Subban-Weber trade, so yea.

I liked Santo when he was a Leaf, and was sad to see him go. He's a good team guy, and I'd be happy to have him back if it were possible.

I've always liked Santorelli because in NHL 09 I accidentally traded for him in Be a GM mode and he went on to become some crazy 89 overall player and put up like 90 points playing with Mikko Koivu and Rick Nash.

Wouldn't mind him in Minnesota on the 4th line.

Late by one day on rent.

Property manager slaps a 3-day eviction notice on my door if I don't pay within those 3 days. Also added $200 and an extra $10 per late day.

Denver is dead to me. Glad I'm only here for 2 more months.

There was a pretty nice polo that Auston Matthews wore in an interview at some point around the draft. Pretty sure it was a Bauer one similar to this one but in a different color.

Anybody know where I could look at some more colors?

bauer-premium-sr-polo-shirt-2.jpg

Late by one day on rent.

Property manager slaps a 3-day eviction notice on my door if I don't pay within those 3 days. Also added $200 and an extra $10 per late day.

Fuuuuuuuuck that. Sorry bro. Where are you moving to after Denver?

Boulder, right?

Quick

Banned
I am 23 and no this isn't the first. This just came out of fucking nowhere so I am just a little shook. Like it really came out of left field and blindsided me.

Better to give yourself some separation to think it over. But better to lay it all out now rather than have this dark cloud over your relationship.

Late by one day on rent.

Did you let your landlord know you're gonna be late by a day, or was it legit just a matter of submitting it late? Either way, that's pretty harsh but I don't really know rental laws in Colorado.

That being said, I've been fortunate enough to have had a good landlord when I rented. He was a bit paranoid, but he outputs that to making sure my roommates and I were happy and everything was fine. I'm assuming his paranoia came after losing a finger - I never really asked about that though lol.

Late by one day on rent.

Damn, my landlord charges 50 dollars per day if you're late. Which seems reasonable.

Edit: Actually it's only $25 late fee, plus $10 per day. Which is even more reasonable.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
36. First long-term relationship with a girl, unless you count my mom. I would not. So, yes.

:lol

Yeah I know..

I am 23 and no this isn't the first. This just came out of fucking nowhere so I am just a little shook. Like it really came out of left field and blindsided me.

Also you quoted Soc lol

I meant to quote Soc and call him a troll but then decided against it but forgot to un-quote

well he trolled anyway so I guess I was right in the first place? lol

imBask

Banned
I give my landlord 12 checks on july 1st and that's that, he's the best

that's a nightmare 19&21 gtfo of there. There has to be a law against that garbage

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Late by one day on rent.

ouch

also pretty sure non-payment of rent is NOT a 3-day eviction notice but more like a 10-day... at least here. Which is obviously not Denver. But you should look into that. but wow, 200?!

Damn, my landlord charges 50 dollars per day if you're late. Which seems reasonable.

Edit: Actually it's only $25 late fee, plus $10 per day. Which is even more reasonable.

yeah it's 25.- late fee here too. 200 is insane, make sure you check your contract whether that's written there oO

I pay rent through auto withdrawals. I just have to check every month that they don't deduct too much but I can never be late on rent because they're the ones charging my account anyway...

Chris R

Late by one day on rent.

Whaaaaa? Are renter laws that dumb in Colorado? I can't be evicted with less than 30 days notice.

Better to give yourself some separation to think it over. But better to lay it all out now rather than have this dark cloud over your relationship.

I believe this is the best for the situation.

:lol

I meant to quote Soc and call him a troll but then decided against it but forgot to un-quote

well he trolled anyway so I guess I was right in the first place? lol

Oh haha well damn I miss that lol

They're totally posturing about the 3 day eviction, it'd take at least 30 days to file and even longer to get a court date. I just find it amazing that they treat people this way. They also tried to charge me an extra $30 this month because I told them that the AC was leaking under the floor. Whoever set it up didn't set it up to drain properly so now when it's on the hallway is soaked. Which is obviously my fault.

My previous landlord would nickel and dime us for anything and everything. Any item left in the house when we moved out would cost us $50 (So say there's a piece of gum in the dryer, that's $50). Luckily we had no such charges. He tried to have us rip out the carpet because it had to be replaced after the previous tenants sued him, we didn't have time so he made us get the carpets cleaned even though he was just going to rip them out still. He also made us hire a specific cleaning service on move-out, I think it ended up being $1200 or something, they said if he could find dust on the top of a door he'd make them re-do it. No doubt we got fucked over there, but there was nothing we could do.

I've always liked Santorelli because in NHL 09 I accidentally traded for him in Be a GM mode and he went on to become some crazy 89 overall player and put up like 90 points playing with Mikko Koivu and Rick Nash.

Wouldn't mind him in Minnesota on the 4th line.

Accidental gems?

Trent Hunter, NHL '03.

Brendan Kozun, EHM. Though in other saves he never amounts anything.

Quick

Banned
I downloaded Tinder to see if I can give this another shot.

I don't know what to put on my bio.

Guess I'm (not) fucked.

What is a Phil Kessel shop? A hot dog shop?

Photoshop ya terd.

But answering the other pressing question, it is undoubtedly a hot dog shop.

And with that there fades away MJ's relationship. This sucks but it is best to move on. Thanks for all the advice and words.

Quick

Banned
That thread about country music and hockey, and "country music" being code for "white people only" makes sense now.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
The only time I've heard hockey and country music together was when anyone talks about the Predators. No other team that I know of has those things tied together.

Country music can be good at times. I actually have Asian friends who like it. But they also act like rednecks and vote Republican as if it earns them extra privileges
(Also Trump supporters)

Top Bottom