• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Yawnier

Banned
I forgot how shit August was with respect to hockey. Literally fuck all going on and you have to just grin and bear it to get ready for the season to begin. I went back to the old thread to read the day that Subban and Hall got traded and Stamkos signed in Tampa. Those were fun times.

These summer months are brutal for me for sports since I don't care too much for baseball

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
RedHawks would've been the dumbest thing ever, what with both Red AND Hawks already being in use.

Use something original.

Aces/Jacks/Sinners/Strippers/Canyoneers/CokeAndHookers

Well, there do exist teams that go by the Reds and Red Sox, as well as Blues and Blue Jackets, so using a color in a name doesn't sound like a too big deal. Using hawk though just sounded dumb.

zroid

Banned
I don't think I've ever watched handball before.

Field hockey is like shitty lacrosse. Why isn't lacrosse an Olympic sport?

Curufinwe

RedHawks would've been the dumbest thing ever, what with both Red AND Hawks already being in use.

Use something original.

Aces/Jacks/Sinners/Strippers/Canyoneers/CokeAndHookers

This was the jersey design they had in mind.

s-l300.jpg

Cake Boss

Banned
I don't know anything about cricket, but it looked like soccer with sticks, except take all of the fun out of it.

That's a better comparison, it's just the form of shooting the ball reminds me of cricket.

Soccer with small sticks is what it should be called.

Line_HTX

Handball and Water Polo are pretty intense. Those two are entertaining to watch.

I hate that field hockey has 15 minute quarters though.

Socreges

Banned
That's a better comparison, it's just the form of shooting the ball reminds me of cricket.

Soccer with small sticks is what it should be called.
Which is basically what the original hockey was. Ice hockey, our hockey, is the biggest deviation from original hockey. Also the only good thing to come out of hockey ever.

iLLmAtlc

why is A-rod retiring with like 50 games left in the season?

I don't believe he ever said he was gonna retire, just that he's done with the Yankees. So most likely NYY got sick of dealing with the circus about his playing time so they're sending him home.

gets the $20M next year for not playing, livin the dream right there.

Top Bottom