• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Line_HTX

eGames ‏@eGames_Official 2h2 hours ago Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The 2016 eGames Podium:

Gold Medal - @AllyOrNotAlly (Canada)
Silver Medal - @LarryLurr (USA)
Bronze Medal - @Mk_leosb (Mexico)

Wait what, Canada won in Smash 4 at Rio's Inaugural eGames Showcase...

zroid

Banned

The 2016 eGames Podium:

This is where I pretend I care about eSports

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WE'RE THE BEST

Quick

Banned
so the leafs hired a WHL and QMJHL GM the last 2 days

they wanna scout the shit out of the CHL

6814-15_8-640x427.jpg

Pikma

Banned

The 2016 eGames Podium:

Was this a North America-only thing? It'd be hilarious if so

Wasn't there some talk about why NMS was "quietly" being released in August, a slow month for games? Maybe they wanted to just get it out before all the backlash happened.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Well if a game dev is working on something and goes to sony and says they need more time... then sony is all like naaaaah cut content to make milestones

Then i'd blame sony

Being disappointed in NMS makes me hope Star Citizen totally crushes the procedural generated worlds thing.... that game is going to be insane when they finish

Razorskin

----- ------
Well if a game dev is working on something and goes to sony and says they need more time... then sony is all like naaaaah cut content to make milestones

Then i'd blame sony

Being disappointed in NMS makes me hope Star Citizen totally crushes the procedural generated worlds thing.... that game is going to be insane when they finish
Star Citizen will be done in 2025 and still won't deliver.

Socreges

Banned
The question is... who is more at fault? Hello Games or Sony?

Then i'd blame sony

If I base much of my identity on MS products, the game is a travesty and I try to imagine ways in which Sony is ultimately responsible.

Star Citizen is nice tech demo but the core gameplay is bad, very bad. If the current core flight mechanics are what they are now for their campaign it will be laughable at best.

Feature creep is at the "hot tubs in space" tier right now

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit.

Apparently at no point did anyone on that team think to say, "Maybe we should be managing expectations instead of signing up for anything that sounds cool"

A number of the things in that list, though, are either straight up in the game or are basically in the game with some extremely minor tweaks (like NPC ships landing on planets). And then there are other things like planetary rotation that were in the game as it exists on disc without the day one patch but taken out because testers complained about it (this is the one thing I miss about the pre-patch version). A few other things seem like fairly easy fixes and changes, and some of the complaints about things like freighters will probably go by the wayside after they release the next major update (assuming, of course, they actually deliver on what they said they're planning for it).

And a lot of the other changes just seem like things that get changed as a natural part of development. Like look at one of the things they list as being "missing from the game:" landing on asteroids. Even the quote itself was a "as of right now, you can land on asteroids." That's not a "YOU CAN LAND ON ASTEROIDZ!!1 BUY OUR GAM3" sort of statement. It's a "yeah, we're trying this right now" sort of thing in direct response to a question that was asked. If that's where the game was at at the time, what else would you want him to say? Or did you want them to issue a press release when landing on asteroids was removed from the build?

There are certainly some things that they should be taken to task for, and they definitely should have been more upfront with certain features that were being removed or changed before the game came out. But at the same time, lots of people didn't seem to listen to even some of the things they were extremely clear about. Two weeks ago it was still "BUT WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY DO IN NO MAN'S SKY?!" Now it's "BUT WHERE ARE THE THINGS I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO DOING FOR YEARS IN NO MAN'S SKY?!"

Like, huh?

Socreges

Banned
A number of the things in that list, though, are either straight up in the game or are basically in the game with some extremely minor tweaks (like NPC ships landing on planets). And then there are other things like planetary rotation that were in the game as it exists on disc without the day one patch but taken out because testers complained about it (this is the one thing I miss about the pre-patch version). A few other things seem like fairly easy fixes and changes, and some of the complaints about things like freighters will probably go by the wayside after they release the next major update (assuming, of course, they actually deliver on what they said they're planning for it).

And a lot of the other changes just seem like things that get changed as a natural part of development. Like look at one of the things they list as being "missing from the game:" landing on asteroids. Even the quote itself was a "as of right now, you can land on asteroids." That's not a "YOU CAN LAND ON ASTEROIDZ!!1 BUY OUR GAM3" sort of statement. It's a "yeah, we're trying this right now" sort of thing in direct response to a question that was asked. If that's where the game was at at the time, what else would you want him to say? Or did you want them to issue a press release when landing on asteroids was removed from the build?

There are certainly some things that they should be taken to task for, and they definitely should have been more upfront with certain features that were being removed or changed before the game came out. But at the same time, lots of people didn't seem to listen to even some of the things they were extremely clear about. Two weeks ago it was still "BUT WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY DO IN NO MAN'S SKY?!" Now it's "BUT WHERE ARE THE THINGS I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO DOING FOR YEARS IN NO MAN'S SKY?!"

Like, huh?
Right. And that's where the focus should be, not on how some Redditer making a list didn't grt it exactly right. No doubt you can pick particular things in that list that can be explained away. But that doesn't invalidate the rest.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The whole thing about planets not actually rotating around suns and creating its own day/night cycle seems like a pretty big thing to cut, or leave out.

yyzjohn

Banned
I just saw a Flyers fan on twitter tweet "I want nothing more in life than for the Flyers to get Jimmy Vesey"

Seriously man? Nothing more in life?? Even if this was Gretzky in his prime I could of more things I'd want in life than the Leafs to sign him.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I just saw a Flyers fan on twitter tweet "I want nothing more in life than for the Flyers to get Jimmy Vesey"

Seriously man? Nothing more in life?? Even if this was Gretzky in his prime I could of more things I'd want in life than the Leafs to sign him.

Jhonny pls

The stuff with NMS has shown me that gaming side is stupid as fuck when it comes to tempering expectations, and now not only are they forced to eat crow because of their fanboyism, but they also are vengeful against Sean Murray, and basically anyone else who dare criticizes them for their witch hunt.

The stuff with NMS has shown me that gaming side is stupid as fuck when it comes to tempering expectations, and now not only are they forced to eat crow because of their fanboyism, but they also are vengeful against Sean Murray, and basically anyone else who dare criticizes them for their witch hunt.

This was my attitude going in.

The game could end up being bad, but I'm pre-purchasing since it's doing something different.

I think it'll be cool though, I'm cautiously optimistic.

I'm not blown away by the game, but I'm not overly disappointed either.

This was my attitude going in.

I'm not blown away by the game, but I'm not overly disappointed either.

I've already had the exact same thing happen to me a long ago, and when it happens it is one of the most sobering things, really. A cold slap in the face.

Therefore, you learn, and live to accept it.

A lot of it too just feels like people latching onto something and bitching about it because they really have nothing better to do.

Top Bottom