• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

I've already had the exact same thing happen to me a long ago, and when it happens it is one of the most sobering things, really. A cold slap in the face.

Therefore, you learn, and live to accept it.

A lot of it too just feels like people latching onto something and bitching about it because they really have nothing better to do.

I'm a huge Fable fan, so I'm used to tempering my expectations based on what people in Guildford say.

I'm a huge Fable fan, so I'm used to tempering my expectations based on what people in Guildford say.

I've said it a couple times in this thread, but I massively hyped up Test Drive Unlimited 2. Was going to be my game of a lifetime.

Well, I should have seen the warning signs when they started coming in, but I didn't.

And when the launch of that game happened, where the online didn't work for nearly two weeks after release (I was only on the official TDU2 forums at the time, didn't even know GAF existed) I raged like some whiny ass kid. Did the same thing that people in the various NMS threads are doing.

But I smartened up, and I learned from my mistakes.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
If I base much of my identity on MS products, the game is a travesty and I try to imagine ways in which Sony is ultimately responsible.

I assumed Sony was the publisher.

Apparently they aren't. Just paid for exclusivity with marketing.

So while they are to blame for some misleading marketing, seems most of the blame lies solely on Hello Games.

is it really that good? i'll add it to my wishlist

to me it's Overwatch that is miles ahead of everything else

Yes. It's a brutally hard game due to the discipline of rally being set up that way.

But it is laser focused, runs like a dream on all consoles, and it truly rewards people who stick at it and try to get better.

The only thing really bringing it down is that it needs DLC. Desperately.

Pikma

Banned
Yes. It's a brutally hard game due to the discipline of rally being set up that way.

But it is laser focused, runs like a dream on all consoles, and it truly rewards people who stick at it and try to get better.

The only thing really bringing it down is that it needs DLC. Desperately.
Oh shit I gotta get that as soon as I can afford it. Probably early october :(

Better than Wolfenstein?

I'd say gameplay wise, Doom beats it out. Not narrative though, not even close. Wolfenstien takes that one.

Oh shit I gotta get that as soon as I can afford it. Probably early october :(

Guys, please buy DiRT Rally. Support Codemasters, they are really the only developer aside from Turn 10 that focuses on making good racing games.

Yawnier

Banned
I just beat Wolfenstein: TNO a few months ago and really enjoyed it so I assume that I would like Doom

Though I agree that this has been a weaker year for games so far.

Important question, are there plenty of group B cars?

Pretty much all the notable ones, being:

Lancia 037

Opel Manta 400

MG Metro 6R4

Ford RS200

Audi Sport Quattro

Lancia Delta S4

The RWD Group B cars are brutal to drive on consoles. I wish Codies managed to get in some of the stillborn Group S cars from the same era, but they didn't, what ever.

I also wished they had more variety in the locations. I really wanted places like Indonesia, Japan, Corsica, but they were limited by budget and as such, it's quite Euro centric.

zroid

Banned
So, I borrowed Mario Sports Mix (Wii) from the library, because it has hockey, plus a couple others.

This will be the first hockey video game I play since the 90s. I think Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey on N64 was the last one.

imBask

Banned
why are you on a video game board if you don't play video games, Fata1moose and lamaroo

I love but of you but this confuses me

zroid

Banned
why are you on a video game board if you don't play video games, Fata1moose and lamaroo

probably same as me, used to play a lot of stuff when we signed up, then gradually lost interest in most games over the years

Hyper Light Drifter is probably my favorite game this year. I haven't played many sadly but it's gonna change this fall.

I have been playing a bunch of older games and Pokemon

Syrinx

Now that I think about it, FE Fates Birthright is the only game released this year that I've played. I have Conquest but haven't gotten around to it.

I also bought Splatoon a few months ago but haven't opened it up for some reason.

imBask

Banned
Dude it is all about watching Netflix while playing video game entertainment machines

depends on the show, I do that with Friends and That 70s Show, but right now i'm on the finale of Scream season 1. That show is real bad and also good in a weird way

I also usually watch twitch while playing, it's a good background noise

Never heard of that, just looked it up, sounds pretty cool

apparently it's coming to Vita and Wii U? I'll probably buy whichever version is released first.

I knew it was coming to Vita. I didn't know it was coming to Wii U. But yeah it is a really awesome game. I highly recommend it.

depends on the show, I do that with Friends and That 70s Show, but right now i'm on the finale of Scream season 1. That show is real bad and also good in a weird way

I also usually watch twitch while playing, it's a good background noise

Well considering I mainly rewatch shows and hardly start new ones, I don't need to fully focus on it.

Yawnier

Banned
Hyper Light Drifter is probably my favorite game this year. I haven't played many sadly but it's gonna change this fall.

I have been playing a bunch of older games and Pokemon

I've also been playing (mostly) older games this year. I'm actually playing RE4 for the first time rn and it is really good but god damn is it also frustrating.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
last year

Yeah I know lol.

Came to GAF for the video game discussion, joined for the NHL thread, and basically stay here for that and TV show discussions. I just feel like whenever I have free time to play games I'd rather just watch movies or catch up on TV shows I've missed instead.

I'm ashamed to admit I've taken a liking to some mobile games though.

I've also been playing (mostly) older games this year. I'm actually playing RE4 for the first time rn and it is really good but god damn is it also frustrating.

I loved RE4 when I played it. but I haven't played it in awhile. It is such a good game.

There have been hardly any games to really grab me too much but I have been wanting to play the Ratchet and Clank game, just haven't gotten around to it. But once FFXV comes and then NieR and P5, I will be set for awhile

zroid

Banned
It's different, but I liked it. One of my favorite shows of all time.

I think it started to lose me a little bit in the last couple seasons, which is why I waited so long to finish it. I used to keep up with it till I fell behind in 2014. Definitely one of my fave series in the first few seasons though.

Ending was good, just not what I was expecting, lol.

I knew it was coming to Vita. I didn't know it was coming to Wii U. But yeah it is a really awesome game. I highly recommend it.

well that's what it says on Wikipedia anyway :lol

tbh it's probably a long shot. Vita works though!

I found my new favorite gif

fJ2leWA.gif

This one good too

1KfWJ6u.gif

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I think it started to lose me a little bit in the last couple seasons, which is why I waited so long to finish it. I used to keep up with it till I fell behind in 2014. Definitely one of my fave series in the first few seasons though.

Ending was good, just not what I was expecting, lol.

I thought the final season was incredible, but the ending itself was a little weird to digest at first.

I mean what show really has a great ending?

I loved 30 Rock's but that is the only ending to a show that I have loved. Other than that they are all mediocore for the most part.

Now there are others that are great endings but I am just drawing blanks.

imBask

Banned
Breaking Bad had one of the best ending of all time IMO
That 70s Show finale was incredible, eventhough the last season is garbage

EDIT : Soc is right, Sopranos too

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I mean what show really has a great ending?

I loved 30 Rock's but that is the only ending to a show that I have loved. Other than that they are all mediocore for the most part.

Now there are others that are great endings but I am just drawing blanks.

Parks and Recreation

I never saw BB so I can't say.

Sopranos either. So 2 shows I am missing lol

But Sopranos was on HBO and I still have never had it. I hope to get around to it one day

Parks and Recreation

:lol

No

That show dropped so hard and the last 2 seasons were quite bad. The last season especially. It should have ended at season 5. Seasons 2-4 were the peak

zroid

Banned
I thought it was garbage. And I've heard Weiner try to explain how it's brilliant. No. Garbage.

I thought the final season was incredible, but the ending itself was a little weird to digest at first.

Like lamaroo said, I think I need more time to digest it. Might read some reviews or something.

Last season was pretty good yeah, I was probably more referring to the previous two seasons since that's where my interest began to crater. Then a month ago I just decided to rattle the remaining episodes off.

I mean hell even Seinfeld had a shitty ending but what an amazing show.

The good thing about IASIP is that the show doesn't need that satisfying ending. It can just kinda.... end lol

Top Bottom