• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Well it's strange for you to emerge salty on this one. Felt you required an explanation. Just trying to build bridges over your troubles waters, Calamari.

You remind me of both Jenny McCarthy and Tara Reid in their awesome interview

I'm the salty one? Lol, I really didn't mean it as an insult. I think it's very cute when a Canadian team or athlete is doing well, and this thread becomes a round table of everyone trying to figure out the rules to the game or event in question. It's a good thing!

At least I know The Socreges Trigger in case it's needed in the future.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Calamari seems to be triggered by Canadians in here enjoying a new sport and their athletes doing well.

Quite the opposite, volleyball is one of my favorite sports and I enjoyed everyone getting into it here the other day.

Canadians are becoming less cute by the minute, though!

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm not entirely sure what's going on with Ryan Lochte but it's wild

Now this is something that's actually bothering me. I can't imagine getting hauled off of a plane and taken by the Brazilian police for reasons that nobody can really figure out... That's like a nightmare scenario.

Socreges

Banned
I'm the salty one? Lol, I really didn't mean it as an insult. I think it's very cute when a Canadian team or athlete is doing well, and this thread becomes a round table of everyone trying to figure out the rules to the game or event in question. It's a good thing!
Too late to walk back the passive aggression...

You Canadians are so cute when one of your athletes does kind of well at the summer games.
Embrace it, Calamari! Go full salt. Chirp our national anthem after we celebrate our 7th bronze!

Calamari41

41 > 38
Too late to walk back the passive aggression...

Embrace it, Calamari! Go full salt. Chirp our national anthem after we celebrate our 7th bronze!

I admit it, I've been seething with jealousy since you guys walked out in those dashing uniforms at the opening ceremony. Also, Lochte and I weren't mugged, we were out trolling for underage hookers and Zika.

I deleted my Facebook. I didn't use it at all

I deleted mine a couple years ago but then a class made me get a new one since it revolved around social media so I got another one. It is much more tailored and I have much fewer "friends" but still some fall through the cracks and it just makes me shake my head that these guys I used to be such good friends with can turn out to be dickheads. Such is life.

zroid

Banned
Man, these Nurse kids are everywhere. Apparently Darnell's and Kia's sister Sarah just scored against Team USA in some international women's hockey thing.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Shaw just called me and I can increase my speed from 60 to 150 down for 10 less a month than I'm currently paying

what is this madness

(the only downside is that it locks me in for 2 years - but that's not THAT bad)

Socreges

Banned
Shaw just called me and I can increase my speed from 60 to 150 down for 10 less a month than I'm currently paying

what is this madness

(the only downside is that it locks me in for 2 years - but that's not THAT bad)
I think they made a big investment in order to increase their customer base

1) You're now on the hook for 2 years. Telus etc can't lure you away
2) Good luck switching to anything else after living on 150 for 2 years. It's all relative so even reasonably fast speeds like 60 will frustrate you after you're accustomed

Smiley90

I think they made a big investment in order to increase their customer base

1) You're now on the hook for 2 years. Telus etc can't lure you away
2) Good luck switching to anything else after living on 150 for 2 years. It's all relative so even reasonably fast speeds like 60 will frustrate you after you're accustomed

I JUST signed up with Shaw 5 months ago so it's not like telus or rogers previously did a good job luring me. So to me it's like a win-win.

I guess if I was a new customer I'd be saving even more but eh, not so bad.

Socreges

Banned
I JUST signed up with Shaw 5 months ago so it's not like telus or rogers previously did a good job luring me. So to me it's like a win-win.

For sure it's a win for you. But it's smart by Shaw. Every so often Telus rolls out a crazy deal, sometimes just for 3 or 6 months, that succeeds in getting people to switch. Then maybe they go back. In fact some people deliberately go back and forth between providers to get the best deal.

All the big comms companies want people on contracts. Lots of benefits for them and avoids risk. So yeah

Calamari41

41 > 38

If you call and complain, asking why new customers get a better deal than their loyal existing customers, they might cut you some slack and knock some money off for you. It's worked for me in the past so it's probably worth a shot. You might have to go as far as talking to the actual retention people after you threaten to leave, but that's the fun part anyway.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag

what is this madness

Novus, brah!

Smiley90

Novus, brah!

Not available in my building, was the first thing I checked trust me.

I can't afford rent in a novus-building! :p

Also I found a picture of TUSR:

PcM7hbR.png

Marvie_3

Banned
If you call and complain, asking why new customers get a better deal than their loyal existing customers, they might cut you some slack and knock some money off for you. It's worked for me in the past so it's probably worth a shot. You might have to go as far as talking to the actual retention people after you threaten to leave, but that's the fun part anyway.
This. You can almost always get free shit from telcoms if you complain enough

Smiley90

Probably too late to complain now RIGHT AFTER I agreed to the change :lol

Oh well

That's susrprising considering Overwatch is the only good MP shooter on PS4. You'd think people would want to try something new.

Destiny is alright too.

I have friends on Facebook who are convincing each other that Clinton health hoax that's going around... From YouTube videos and Hannity. I haven't commented on their little chat, but so tempted. Other day I sarcastically told them that there really is a vast left wing conspiracy to not cover the Olympic sport of shooting because of an anti gun agenda from George Soros. He didn't see the sarcasm and said I should 'check these videos out' with more conspiracies.

Socreges

Banned
I have friends on Facebook who are convincing each other that Clinton health hoax that's going around... From YouTube videos and Hannity. I haven't commented on their little chat, but so tempted. Other day I sarcastically told them that there really is a vast left wing conspiracy to not cover the Olympic sport of shooting because of an anti gun agenda from George Soros. He didn't see the sarcasm and said I should 'check these videos out' with more conspiracies.
Did you see her have a seizure during an interview? She's not well.

iLLmAtlc

only 17 people online in titanfall 2

Xfd

Also yeah it's pretty disgusting the margins telecoms are operating at. I remember Shaw fought to keep my sister on a plan discounted like 60-70%.

I've had some luck just playing the nice card with Telus tho. Definitely worth picking up the phone and talking to them about some options to pay lower prices.

Top Bottom