• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Cake Boss

Banned
Fresh blood

tumblr_n2udscJHNj1sg0a6co1_500.gif

Yo I like dis new guy, finally a new guy that's not an anime weirdo or/and a generic poster, he started off his post history with salt in August of all times. He will do well here.

Can't beat the glimmer of Broadway. The smell of falafels,exhaust, and urine. Nothing beats that. Vesey is smart to go to a losing team with no future and an aging wanna be vezina goaltender.

I like you. Pikma is a fellow Devils fan!

how do you feel about the kings

also damn Canada got rekt at the womens relay :(

Pikma

Banned
So I'm gonna spend the whole weekend with a girl from Long Beach I met two weeks ago through Tinder, she invited me to stay at her house and she's hot as hell so I clearly couldn't refuse such an offer

If I don't ever post again it means it was a trap.

It was nice meeting you

Pikma

Banned
Look you already found my replacement

Can't beat the glimmer of Broadway. The smell of falafels,exhaust, and urine. Nothing beats that. Vesey is smart to go to a losing team with no future and an aging wanna be vezina goaltender.
Let's make out before I go😙😙😙

Devils are the hottest team in the NHL right now baybeeeee

So I'm gonna spend the whole weekend with a girl from Long Beach I met two weeks ago through Tinder, she invited me to stay at her house and she's hot as hell so I clearly couldn't refuse such an offer

If I don't ever post again it means it was a trap.

It was nice meeting you

peace out pikma

you were good at splatoon

soooooo close oh well can't hate on Bolt :')

calder

Awesome for Bolt to just sweep everything, easiest GOAT call ever I know

Shame for Canada, degrasse damn near caught the US for bronze.

zroid

Banned
Would be funny if the Canadians are bumped up to Bronze because of a DQ, since they were DQ'd from Bronze position in London

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Not even a little bit surprised we got Vesey.

I think after losing MSL, Yandle stopped the bleeding a bit

now with yandle gone... ehhhhhhhhhh

i'm not sure if gerbe, grabner, vesey, clendening will save them
I don't see how the Rangers are appealing to a free agent like Vesey right now. There in a phase where their goalie is in the last years of his prime and their defence is kinda poopy. They aren't really rebuilding either.
We've had sort of an under the radar but very substantial reboot through this offseason. Going to be a very very different Rangers team this year, and there's no real way of knowing what exactly that means. We could be pretty bad. We could be "contenders" but not really realistic threats for the Cup (like this past year). We could be pretty damn good.

The team is making some really major bets on potential this year, going pretty heavy on the risk/reward scale. If Buchnevich makes a successful transition to the US, Vesey lives up to expectations a la Kevin Hayes' rookie year, Zibanejad reinvigorates the second line and helps Kreider actually achieve some consistency and reach his potential, Gerbe and Jooris lead a new look 4th line that boots Tanner Glass out of the roster, JT Miller continues to emerge as a potential star, Brady Skjei develops into a top 4 d-man who can skate alongside McDonagh, Dylan McIlrath solidifies his role in the lineup, and Dan Girardi improves from the debacle that was last season in more limited and protected minutes, then we're looking really, really good.

In case you haven't noticed, that is A LOT of ifs.

Welcome aboard. Go fuck yourself!

yyzjohn

Banned
That's the way the relay tumbles. Canada lost bronze four years ago on a DQ now we get one that way. Great final leg by DeGrasse he was flying

The team is making some really major bets on potential this year, going pretty heavy on the risk/reward scale. If Buchnevich makes a successful transition to the US, Vesey lives up to expectations a la Kevin Hayes' rookie year, Zibanejad reinvigorates the second line and helps Kreider actually achieve some consistency and reach his potential, Gerbe and Jooris lead a new look 4th line that boots Tanner Glass out of the roster, JT Miller continues to emerge as a potential star, Brady Skjei develops into a top 4 d-man who can skate alongside McDonagh, Dylan McIlrath solidifies his role in the lineup, and Dan Girardi improves from the debacle that was last season in more limited and protected minutes, then we're looking really, really good.

In case you haven't noticed, that is A LOT of ifs.

I don't even think the Leafs have that many ifs

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe the Rangers traded Brassard. I'm sure Zibby is good but I don't think he's at that level yet. That's what capped teams do.

Zibanejad's numbers are very very similar to Brassard's, with more 20 goal seasons than Brassard has ever had, while being 5 years younger. But again, it's another gamble on youth above all else.

The Rangers are suddenly a very young team after this offseason.

McDonagh, Raanta = 27
Stepan, Jooris = 26
Kreider = 25
McIlrath, Lindberg, Fast, Hayes, Hrivik = 24
Zibanejad, Miller, Vesey, Jensen, Clendening = 23
Skjei = 22
Buchnevich = 21

That's 17 potential roster players (about 14 of whom are locks or near locks to make the opening night roster) aged 27 or under.

The only players 30 or older are Kevin Klein, Dan Girardi, Tanner Glass, Rick Nash, and Henrik Lundqvist. None are over 34 (and only one of them is over 32).

Top Bottom