• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
There's plenty of good Canadian rock, you guys just aren't paying attention. Stop expecting anything good on the radio.

Cake Boss

Banned
Went to a comedy club last night and this drunk hillbilly idiot heckled the main act when he was talking about his favorite bands. The heckler screamed out 'The Tragically Hip' and then began explaining who they are as the comedian was confused and taken back by this idiot. The comedian was forced to get the audience to clap for The Hip, and after that exchange the whole room got awkward and quiet. Dumbass completely ruined the flow of the act, and worse of it all they were recording a DVD special that night.

There should be a fine for heckling and an instant ban from the club. Or all comedy clubs in that city.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Went to a comedy club last night and this drunk hillbilly idiot heckled the main act when he was talking about his favorite bands. The heckler screamed out 'The Tragically Hip' and then began explaining who they are as the comedian was confused and taken back by this idiot. The comedian was forced to get the audience to clap for The Hip, and after that exchange the whole room got awkward and quiet. Dumbass completely ruined the flow of the act, and worse of it all they were recording a DVD special that night.

There should be a fine for heckling and an instant ban from the club. Or all comedy clubs in that city.

I'm surprised that they don't make people sign agreements to not interrupt recorded shows like that. At best they'll have to edit that section out, at worst scrap the whole thing and record a different show, wasting all of the labor and equipment costs from that night's recording. That guy should get hit with a huge fine.

yyzjohn

Banned
Brilliant concert last night. Emotional and heartfelt, what a sendoff for the Hip. Was hard not to get misty eyed while watching that.

yyzjohn

Banned

Can't really disagree with the article despite the Buffalo tears. Vesey's choice was bizarre if he's really intent on winning something. Should have just stayed in Nashville or signed with Chicago. He's in it for the big payday on his second contract, which he would have gotten pretty much anywhere if he performs like people hope he will.

calder

That’s shameful stuff right there. The agents should know better.
Oh my god that's good, that's the stuff.

Vesey’s summer league games were often attended by NHL GMs, with Chicago’s Stan Bowman a regular attendee. Coach Joel Quenneville hit the Wednesday night circuit in Foxborough, Mass., once too. Yes, the games were open to the public and anyone can say they were there to watch anyone. But come on. The optics aren’t good for the Hawks in this one at all. Repeating: You were watching a player who was someone else’s property and just waiting to pounce. Not cool.
Never change buffalo media!

zroid

Banned
Can't really disagree with the article despite the Buffalo tears. Vesey's choice was bizarre if he's really intent on winning something. Should have just stayed in Nashville or signed with Chicago. He's in it for the big payday on his second contract, which he would have gotten pretty much anywhere if he performs like people hope he will.
Maybe he just wanted to live in NYC. It really doesn't matter why he made the choice, it was his to make. Anyone complaining about this outcome for any reason is full of shit.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Razorskin

----- ------
Top10 LW in NHL17

10. Alexander Steen - STL Blues - 88 OVA
9. Gabriel Landeskog - COL Avalanche - 88 OVA
8. Filip Forsberg - NSH Predators - 88 OVA
7. Daniel Sedin - VAN Canucks - 88 OVA
6. Zach Parise - MIN Wild - 89 OVA
5. Max Pacioretty - MTL Canadiens - 89 OVA
4. Johnny Gaudreau - CGY Flames - 90 OVA
3. Taylor Hall - NJ Devils - 90 OVA
2. Alexander Ovechkin - WSH Capitals - 94 OVA
1. Jamie Benn - DAL Stars - 94 OVA

Benn&Ovi on another level, Benn above Ovi even, whoa

Also Gaudreau 4th? LOL

How the hell did Captain Floater get 5th?

Remember that the Leafs traded Steen for Stempniak

Yawnier

Banned
That was a great concert by the hip last night. Go beat cancer's ass, Gord.

I could be wrong, but I want to think this is the same guy from the Buffalo media that went up to the Babcock press conference in Toronto when he was first hired as coach, and was the guy who asked some salty as fuck questions because Babs chose T.O. over Buffalo.

calder

Scouting, how does it work?
As you know, all proper NHL teams don't do any pro scouting. Only scumbag teams would scout players during the season and make an opinion about them before they hit free agency! I'm sure the noble Sabres wouldn't do that.

Socreges

Banned
Vesey’s summer league games were often attended by NHL GMs, with Chicago’s Stan Bowman a regular attendee. Coach Joel Quenneville hit the Wednesday night circuit in Foxborough, Mass., once too. Yes, the games were open to the public and anyone can say they were there to watch anyone. But come on. The optics aren’t good for the Hawks in this one at all. Repeating: You were watching a player who was someone else’s property and just waiting to pounce. Not cool.
Woah. Yeah. Optics. What they should have done is used up a 3rd rounder instead. And get the same result. So they wouldn't have to worry about...optics.

Yeah, I'm a french quebecer and the only Hip song I knew was Poets. Great song, though.

Rest of it, from what I've heard, sounds pretty good if a little anonymous, lyrics aside.

zroid

Banned
Best Oleksiak is going to be the Flag Bearer for the ending ceremony in Rio woooooo
I bless this

I would have said it should be Christine Sinclair since it's her last Olympics, and Penny will have many more chances, but Sinclair bore the flag in London

people saying it should be De Grasse are out of their minds

Quick

Banned
How the hell did Captain Floater get 5th?

Remember that the Leafs traded Steen for Stempniak

tumblr_n4grb7wX7Z1rfwfq9o1_500.gif

The way I see it, the Leafs would've ruined him eventually.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Finally got around to watching Stranger Things this weekend, and all the hype was actually justified. One of the best shows I've watched in a long time. All the kids are fantastic and the music was amazing, loved every second of it.

I bless this

I would have said it should be Christine Sinclair since it's her last Olympics, and Penny will have many more chances, but Sinclair bore the flag in London

indeed, FWIW De Grasse represents the future, but overall, Penny would have gotten it, and if she didn't, there would have been a riot.

Cake Boss

Banned
I bless this

Both deserve it but Oleksiak a bit more. You can make a case for De Grasse and it's not that out there as you think.

Coming in 2nd in track is essentially getting gold. Because no one is beating one of the world's greatest athlete I. usain Bolt. One would argue that Oleksiak didn't have a Bolt/Phelps equivalent to go up against. But that isn't her fault, she still deserves all the praise she gets. It's a stupid argument I guess, just be lucky we have both on our team for the next 2-3 Olympics.

In actual news:

There's this goddamn dog in my neighborhood that is left out in the backyard by it's owners and all it does is bark. Especially in the morning hours and at night, around 10:30-11:00. Just this deep barking that is driving me up the goddamn wall since I can barely get any sleep when it barks for hours on end.

Seriously considering getting the city involved.

Call your local police department's non-emergency number, it should be on the city's website somewhere, and tell them the situation. While the dog is barking.

If your PD is competent, they will send an officer over and as long as the dog is still barking, the officer will knock on the door and get the person to come out and talk to them about it. They have the authority to take the dog away, but usually it's a three strikes thing.

I've had to do it once. Then the family got their stuff figured out.

Calamari41

41 > 38
It's amazing how much travelling gets called in Olympic Men's Basketball compared to the NBA. Quite a difference when you have refs who are actually willing to... call blatant travelling.

Call your local police department's non-emergency number, it should be on the city's website somewhere, and tell them the situation. While the dog is barking.

If your PD is competent, they will send an officer over and as long as the dog is still barking, the officer will knock on the door and get the person to come out and talk to them about it. They have the authority to take the dog away, but usually it's a three strikes thing.

I've had to do it once. Then the family got their stuff figured out.

Thanks for this, I think I might try it.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got around to watching Stranger Things this weekend, and all the hype was actually justified. One of the best shows I've watched in a long time. All the kids are fantastic and the music was amazing, loved every second of it.

I wish the soundtrack was actually more prevalent throughout, and had a few slight problems with the finale but overall it was a great show.

Stranger Things spoilers but this killed me

http://i.imgur.com/yDH4vMW.jpg

:lol perfect.

It's amazing how much travelling gets called in Olympic Men's Basketball compared to the NBA. Quite a difference when you have refs who are actually willing to... call blatant travelling.

As a guy who very rarely watches Basketball, when I do I'm always so confused how so many players travel all of the time. Apparently it's just because they can?

Thanks for this, I think I might try it.

No problem. When talking to officers here they actually like it (or at least don't mind it) when people call it in because they've been in your shoes too.

Hell, if an officer is in the area they might volunteer to do it if it's late at night and they're bored and just driving around. It gives them something to do to kill 15-20 minutes and they don't have to fill out any paperwork for such a call.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
:lol perfect.

As a guy who very rarely watches Basketball, when I do I'm always so confused how so many players travel all of the time. Apparently it's just because they can?

No problem. When talking to officers here they actually like it (or at least don't mind it) when people call it in because they've been in your shoes too.

Hell, if an officer is in the area they might volunteer to do it if it's late at night and they're bored and just driving around. It gives them something to do to kill 15-20 minutes and they don't have to fill out any paperwork for such a call.

Where you going on honeymoon FUBAR?

Funny thing is, I actually have three cops on my street right now, four if you can stretch out a Canadian Forces reservist as one.

Top Bottom