• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

You guys make WAY too much sense in regards to Olympic hosting. It's a shame IOC corrupt money does the talking, ala FIFA. Fuck capitalism shits me off.

Went to a comedy club last night and this drunk hillbilly idiot heckled the main act when he was talking about his favorite bands. The heckler screamed out 'The Tragically Hip' and then began explaining who they are as the comedian was confused and taken back by this idiot. The comedian was forced to get the audience to clap for The Hip, and after that exchange the whole room got awkward and quiet. Dumbass completely ruined the flow of the act, and worse of it all they were recording a DVD special that night.

There should be a fine for heckling and an instant ban from the club. Or all comedy clubs in that city.

I'm surprised that they don't make people sign agreements to not interrupt recorded shows like that. At best they'll have to edit that section out, at worst scrap the whole thing and record a different show, wasting all of the labor and equipment costs from that night's recording. That guy should get hit with a huge fine.

I put it to you both that heckling is usually part and parcel with a comedy gig. Though extra caution should definitely be entertained during a recorded gig. A good comedian should be ready at the trigger for an immediate retort, or shutting down the heckler completely. Get a few Jimmy Carr one-liners in your arsenal and you should be good.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I put it to you both that heckling is usually part and parcel with a comedy gig. Though extra caution should definitely be entertained during a recorded gig. A good comedian should be ready at the trigger for an immediate retort, or shutting down the heckler completely. Get a few Jimmy Carr one-liners in your arsenal and you should be good.

I agree completely, but this seems like a different situation. Most would be ready to take on someone who interrupts to insult them, but this seemed like it was more of an incredibly drawn out and awkward shout-out than something that a comedian could really work with.

I agree completely, but this seems like a different situation. Most would be ready to take on someone who interrupts to insult them, but this seemed like it was more of an incredibly drawn out and awkward shout-out than something that a comedian could really work with.

Understandable. Timing is everything as well.. I imagine it went down like...

Comedian: Oh a heckler, I got somethin-... what the fuck is Tragically Hip? Oh god this guy is taking way too long and interrupting all my good cue points... ahhh fuck now I don't even know what he's talking about. Do-... Do I just look at him weirdly and hope the facial reaction is enough to cause the audience to laugh? Oops, nope, I overanalysed that and missed the cue and now he's talking about Lizard People doing 9/11. What's the hand signal for "cut" that you send to camera people anyway?

Quick

Banned
Had some stomach aches last night that had me glued to my toilet for parts of the night. Woke up this morning and thought I was fine and got it all out of my system (aside from one bathroom visit), so I had a heavy lunch since I didn't have breakfast.

Nope, I wasn't fine. Thankfully there's only a few of us using the bathroom on our floor. Might have to set up my office there.

f7kb9tex56e03c53b606e726914991.gif

I guess the AGM promotion means there's some sort of date in mind for Dubas...
also making alternate jersey the London Knights aways

rip the Sparks dream :( I wonder if they'll give him another chance or if Bibeau will be the next call-up when needed.

I never went the first day. Such a waste of time. :lol

Yeah I only have one class today and it doesn't start until 5:30 so it is a weird first day lol but it is the only class that didn't put the syllabus online so I have to go today :/

Also first time taking a class this late since my internship starts next monday and I will be working during the days MWF

NHL 17 top 10 centers:

https://www.easports.com/nhl/news/2016/nhl-17-player-ratings-top-10-centers

1: Crosby - 95
2: Toews -94
3: Stamkos - 94
4: Kopitar - 93
5: Tavares - 93
6: Malkin - 93
7: Seguin - 92
8: Getzlaf - 91
9: Backstrom - 91
10: Giroux - 91

Fubar don't look at #2!

104294-he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-SGL1.gif

I never went the first day. Such a waste of time. :lol

My uni has a policy that if you aren't there the first day, or two out of the three first three class periods, you are automatically dropped from the class.

Line_HTX

Yeah I only have one class today and it doesn't start until 5:30 so it is a weird first day lol but it is the only class that didn't put the syllabus online so I have to go today :/

Also first time taking a class this late since my internship starts next monday and I will be working during the days MWF

Oh, I thought you started your intern already.

Calamari41

41 > 38

Just cheat in your classes the same way you cheated in that competition.

Oh, I thought you started your intern already.

They like to get their interns sorted out months ahead of time, which I really like. So I got offered it like late June/early July and I start in a week

Just cheat in your classes the same way you cheated in that competition.

:lol that is a low blow!

But I mean these last few classes are all writing pretty much and considering that's what I plan to do I would rather get better at it then cheat, especially for my last semester

Quick

Banned

When I worked retail, whenever I have an evening shift, it's like I can't do anything else during the day because I have to be at work by a certain time.

Calamari41

41 > 38
:lol that is a low blow!

But I mean these last few classes are all writing pretty much and considering that's what I plan to do I would rather get better at it then cheat, especially for my last semester

I was just kidding, don't cheat! Winners never... well, sometimes winners cheat but you still shouldn't do it.

iLLmAtlc

First year without any school for me, hang in there fellas.

Also I also wanted to skip every first class of the week so you guys should live out that dream for me

Pikma

Banned
I still have no idea if I'll need another semester or if this will be the last one

That's what I get for hanging around commies while taking only three classes
and failing one of them

First year without any school for me, hang in there fellas.

Also I also wanted to skip every first class of the week so you guys should live out that dream for me

First year out of school for me as well, honestly I kinda miss it. I really liked my University and enjoyed being a student. Maybe I'll go back someday.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@OHLinsiders 6m6 minutes ago

Unsure where the HHOF fits in all of this but a lawsuit has been filed against the CHL, the London Knights and the HHOF for fraud.

this sounds like a civil suit lol

zroid

Banned
Lot of people expressing scepticism of the authenticity of that OHLInsider account, so we'll see what happens I guess

Lot of people expressing scepticism of the authenticity of that OHLInsider account, so we'll see what happens I guess

Still, I wouldn'r be surprised if it turns out to be true. Even if it is the major junior league of Canada, the CHL feels a lot like a small time operation.

Top Bottom