• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

PillarEN

Most of the trouble I had was in chapter 5. The
U3 boss
fight gave me trouble and the regenerators can be a pain in the ass to kill if you don't have incendiary grenades, and I found knocking them down and knifing them would only work half the time.

Did you not find the scope for seeing the regenerator heat points? I forget what it's called. Basically you see temperature like The Predator. It's kind of super important for killing generators without throwing away a kajillion bullets.

I don't think being a young team will hurt NA too much in this tournament. It's the first year it's happening, the whole thing is kinda silly and It doesn't have the pressure of the Olympics or anything. I think the players will be having fun.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think being a young team will hurt NA too much in this tournament. It's the first year it's happening, the whole thing is kinda silly and It doesn't have the pressure of the Olympics or anything. I think the players will be having fun.
I think the fact it's a short tournament means it's anyone's to win.

I don't get the impression the NHLers are taking it seriously. Probably due to a long season with a long playoffs with numerous other tournaments and the Olympics as well. Never understood why some fans say "the World Cup is only about money" when it applies to the Olympics as well.

I'll still watch though. I wasn't too interested in the last World Cup but the intensity did ramp up at the end.

If there's any interest, I can probably whip up a WCH thread in OT.
We'd need a good ol Don Quick rant about every single team though....!

Yawnier

Banned
Did you not find the scope for seeing the regenerator heat points? I forget what it's called. Basically you see temperature like The Predator. It's kind of super important for killing generators without throwing away a kajillion bullets.

Nope I don't recall finding a scope like that

I went into the game blind though and didn't use a guide so if I missed a few things like that then I'm not shocked.

PillarEN

Nope I don't recall finding a scope like that

I went into the game blind though and didn't use a guide so if I missed a few things like that then I'm not shocked.

Aw man. It's just laying around in one of the rooms when the regenerator stuff begins. I almost think that only the first encounter is where you have to do without it and after that it's on a shelf or behind glass.

Edit: infrared is the word I was looking for lol

I think the fact it's a short tournament means it's anyone's to win.

I don't get the impression the NHLers are taking it seriously. Probably due to a long season with a long playoffs with numerous other tournaments and the Olympics as well. Never understood why some fans say "the World Cup is only about money" when it applies to the Olympics as well.

I'll still watch though. I wasn't too interested in the last World Cup but the intensity did ramp up at the end
But the World Cup is just a big event to show case NHL players.

The Olympics is something different, being an olympic participant is something special and something bigger than the NHL.

It is kind of ironic how team U 23 is one of the things that make the tournament into a joke at the same time as being one of the few interesting things about the tournament.

Not sure if posted, but Sportsnet has announced broadcasting teams:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/world-cup-of-hockey/sportsnet-announces-world-cup-hockey-broadcast-team/

Main Tournament TV Coverage

Ron MacLean hosts Sportsnet’s coverage of the World Cup of Hockey live from the Air Canada Centre, alongside analysts Elliotte Friedman, Kelly Hrudey and Nick Kypreos
Jim Hughson calls the play-by-play alongside game analyst Craig Simpson
Scott Oake reports from rinkside
David Amber, the newest host of Hockey Night in Canada, provides exclusive features
Don Cherry, Coach’s Corner – the Canadian icon will give his can’t-miss analysis during the first intermission of every Team Canada game, as well as the semifinals and finals
Main Tournament Radio Coverage

Dan Dunleavy, the radio voice of the Buffalo Sabres, calls play-by-play for prime-time round robin games, semifinals and finals on the Sportsnet Radio Network. He will be joined in the booth by analyst Sam Cosentino
Gord Stellick hosts the two-week tournament for the Sportsnet Radio Network with analyst and former NHLer Todd Hlushko
Pre-Tournament TV Coverage
Sportsnet’s broadcast crews will be on-location, calling pre-tournament games from all around the world:

Coverage will be hosted by Amber, alongside Friedman and Kypreos from Sportsnet’s studio.
Paul Romanuk, Garry Galley and Christine Simpson – From Columbus to Ottawa and Pittsburgh, Sportsnet’s broadcast trio will cover four World Cup of Hockey pre-tournament games, including all of Team Canada’s pre-tournament games
Dave Randorf and Greg Millen – Travelling throughout Canada and the United States, Randorf and Millen will cover four pre-tournament matchups on Sportsnet
Kyle Bukauskas – Joining Randorf and Millen for two pre-tournament games featuring Team Europe and Team North America, Bukauskas will report from ice-level in Montreal and Quebec City
Irfaan Gaffar – Joins Randorf and Millen in Washington, D.C. to report for two pre-tournament games: Finland vs. USA and Sweden vs. Europe
Rick Ball and Hrudey – Play-by-play announcer Ball and game analyst Hrudey call two pre-tournament showdowns between Russia and the Czech Republic, live from Moscow and Prague
John Shorthouse and John Garrett – The Vancouver Canucks play-by-play team will be live in Helsinki and Gothenburg next week as they cover two pre-tournament games between Finland and Sweden

Surprised to see Shorty and Garrett getting the call to call pre tournament games, but otherwise pretty obvious choices. Though David Amber getting more face time makes me think of what one of my buddies said: that he looks like a middle manager at CIBC.

Got a 4K monitor, I tired Battlefield 1 and Overwatch. I'll probably play most games at 2K to maintain 60 FPS. Battlefield 1 looks really nice.

imBask

Banned
I only get 40-50 FPS in 4K. So I'm playing in 2K.

Rig HP Envy:
GTX 980 Ti
Intel i7-4790k @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB Ram
SSD

not to far from what I have actually, except I have a GTX 670 instead of that GTX 980 Ti, fuck you very much

I really wanted to upgrade to a 1080 but lolCAD

EDIT : oh wait I think I have an i7-3770, not 47

hmm, maybe 4k isn't too far off for me then. I put a shit graphics card (GTX 950) in my build though since I'm trying really, really hard to not put games on it and use it just for work/research. I need to buy a monitor anyways (using my hoary old 720p TV as one lol) but 1440p is probably more than enough for what I use it for.

Cake Boss

Banned
GZBQZpI.jpg

enhanced-buzz-28895-1301694293-0.jpg

not to far from what I have actually, except I have a GTX 670 instead of that GTX 980 Ti, fuck you very much

I really wanted to upgrade to a 1080 but lolCAD

EDIT : oh wait I think I have an i7-3770, not 47

hmm, maybe 4k isn't too far off for me then. I put a shit graphics card (GTX 950) in my build though since I'm trying really, really hard to not put games on it and use it just for work/research. I need to buy a monitor anyways (using my hoary old 720p TV as one lol) but 1440p is probably more than enough for what I use it for.

I don't think we're quite there getting close though. The 1080 for example struggles with Doom at 4K.

zroid

Banned
World Cup of Hockey 2016 |OT| Brought to you by SAP
World Cup of Hockey 2016 |OT| From the centre of the universe
World Cup of Hockey 2016 |OT| Because 9 months of hockey wasn't enough
World Cup of Hockey 2016 |OT| The World's Hockey Powers (& kids & EU leftovers) meet

zroid

Banned
I was debating this, but I think this is just called the World Junior Championship Trophy? Granted the World Cup trophy might not necessarily be a cup if they're gonna do a variant of the 2004...whatever that was.

I'm not sure if it's called a cup

but it is a cup

15945850159_8486c985b5_b.jpg

Socreges

Banned
Canada does, because we need something to place our patriotism on since we are essentially Americans anyway

I thought you guys weren't allowed to acknowledge this

I do, because frankly at this point, it's so obvious that it's almost silly why people still believe Canada is actually Canada aside from a few different things.

But that is another topic.
You post some really strange stuff. Are you US-born?

US nationalism is the same. Nationalism itself is the same. It's manufactured ideology that focuses on differentiation as a source of pride. Canada basically made ice hockey a thing. Its always been popular nationwide (more recently in western Canada). With some exceptions, we've generally been #1. It makes sense that it'd be a focal point of nationalism.

Top Bottom