• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Chris R

uh, usually we don't do that, but maybe?

I was just asking because the two football threads got let out of Community for a few weeks, would be nice if maybe the October thread could get a chance out there to get some fresh blood in here, even if they are Wild or Hawk fans.

Quick

Banned
I was just asking because the two football threads got let out of Community for a few weeks, would be nice if maybe the October thread could get a chance out there to get some fresh blood in here, even if they are Wild or Hawk fans.

This would be cool. I'm curious if it was something mods were consulted about prior, or if they just said fuck it and put it up expecting for each thread to be moved anyway.

Line_HTX

This would be cool. I'm curious if it was something mods were consulted about prior, or if they just said fuck it and put it up expecting for each thread to be moved anyway.

I dunno if it's a test run or not, but both of them are in OTD. Maybe ask Xia if hockey should move for a while.

Quick

Banned
It's like Sedona Red, isn't it? The same color the Dbacks and Coyotes wear?

Eh I guess it's slightly more orangey like you said.

Hmmm.

I'm basically imagining Las Vegas getting a bootleg Yotes jersey set.

Or they take the old Yotes jerseys and just slap on their logos on it lol

You guys have any early EASHL impressions? Can't wait to play this evening

Computer D, depending on strategy/setting/whatever can be incredibly stifling and break up damn near anything.

Poke checks work really, really well. Stick lifts are eh. Slashing penalties are abundant from that.

Playing the body seems easier than the last few years.

No guaranteed glitch goal that I have seen, aside from maybe a shot from between the circles over the goalies shoulder when given time and a deke or two. But even then if a defense can't break up a player slowly skating down the slot deking back and forth for a bit then they deserve to get scored on.

Only issues I've found are computer skaters taking penalties more often than in 16, and if you line up a huge hit are probably going to get an elbowing penalty one out of every three or four times, regardless of the direction. It's an inevitability and it's frustrating.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Been playing the Be A GM mode in NHL 17 a bit today, and the menu system is miles better than last yeas game, it doesn't take 20 seconds to go from menu to menu anymore, a big improvement. They've also added a lot more operations to it, and the detail has been taken up a few notches, I'm pretty happy with this mode at least.

Pikma

Banned
Hey zroid can you read this chart for me?

yYOTFzo.png

this calls for a professional imo

maybe Pikma can help
You peasants can't figure out the chart because the author decided that you were not worthy of processing said information so he presented in a more complex way.

If we take the whole array and move it to a 2D plane we get this

KnightVs.DragonScribble.jpg

So yeah, it's probably Las Vegas Knights-related

Been playing the Be A GM mode in NHL 17 a bit today, and the menu system is miles better than last yeas game, it doesn't take 20 seconds to go from menu to menu anymore, a big improvement. They've also added a lot more operations to it, and the detail has been taken up a few notches, I'm pretty happy with this mode at least.

Did you trade Desharnais?

Pikma

Banned
Oh look, we're guaranteed to have another shitty season start!!!!

FUCK YOUR STUPID CASHGRABBING TOURNEY BETTMAN YOU FUCKING RATFACE

iLLmAtlc

How are your guys' connections on NHL 17? I'm getting 30% packet loss, wtf is this bullshit.

E: Ok I think there's either something wrong with my Ethernet cable or cable box because I get no loss with wifi.

Marvie_3

Banned
Its gets old when the CPU teams offer you the same garbage players 15 times in a week though.

Top Bottom