• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

https://streamable.com/6dkq

Scherbak

sZImFnbw.png

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So i assume since robidas officially retired, his contract will probably be traded since it's effectively just dead cap now.

Have to assume it will be a trade to new jersey or carolina plus someone like leivo or holland. Probably New Jersey, considering they have tons of contract room.

zroid

Banned
So i assume since robidas officially retired, his contract will probably be traded since it's effectively just dead cap now.

Have to assume it will be a trade to new jersey or carolina plus someone like leivo or holland. Probably New Jersey, considering they have tons of contract room.

did he actually officially retire...? i don't see why he would give up $3M or whatever it is

Pikma

Banned
So despite investing who knows how much money and time to secure the No Man's Sky console exclusivity and promoting it as much as a 1st party game Sony now pretends they had nothing to do with the game

Lol the game industry is a joke

DopeyFish

did he actually officially retire...? i don't see why he would give up $3M or whatever it is

I assume so.

Lou probably offered the consultancy job at same (post tax) or a little better cash.

Why? Opens up flexibility for roster movement, robidas gets simplified taxes and the money he is owed anyways... and a potential gateway into future post playing career.

35+ rule only forces cap hit to remain... doesn't mean they are forced to pay if player retires.

zroid

Banned
I assume so.

Lou probably offered the consultancy job at same (post tax) or a little better cash.

Why? Opens up flexibility for roster movement, robidas gets simplified taxes and the money he is owed anyways... and a potential gateway into future post playing career.

35+ rule only forces cap hit to remain... doesn't mean they are forced to pay if player retires.

I just saw that he confirmed on Montreal radio he will retire at the end of the 2016-17 season. Sooo yeah... he still gettin' paid.

DopeyFish

I just saw that he confirmed on Montreal radio he will retire at the end of the 2016-17 season. Sooo yeah... he still gettin' paid.

Damnit just go away robidas ;_;

Apparently he may have said this before this move. So there's a chance he did officially retire. Toronto Sun said he did, but need confirmation from a legitimate news source.

So despite investing who knows how much money and time to secure the No Man's Sky console exclusivity and promoting it as much as a 1st party game Sony now pretends they had nothing to do with the game

Lol the game industry is a joke

To be fair, it ain't really exclusive to Sony. Why don't we ask the NHL how the Guardians project is doing?

That Stars logo at center ice is as black as a puck. Wonder if that will be an annoyance for tracking the puck.

Gonna suck for reviewing all those goals that happen from the neutral zone.

eyeless

hadn't occurred to me we'd see the new jerseys in game for the first time

nice to see marner in it

matthews in one of these beauts will still be the moneyshot tho

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So the first goal scored by a player in a Rangers jersey this season was scored by Jimmy Vesey.

Vesey, Buchnevich, Kovacs, and Stromwall all looked good. Nobody else really. The top line was the only one that seemed to do consistent work in Carolina's zone.

Also, it was Vesey losing an edge and subsequently the puck that allowed Carolina to go back down the ice and win it in OT. So there was that. :D

All told, about what I expected, and good to see a few of the players who should be delivering actually do so.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yo this team is getting embarrassed.

This is what you get all Bran Murray from going of drafting skill for tall dumb motherfuckers.

Thanks you old asshole.

DopeyFish

Yo this team is getting embarrassed.

This is what you get all Bran Murray from going of drafting skill for tall dumb motherfuckers.

Thanks you old asshole.

this is without dzierkals, bracco, johnson or moore being dressed

this could be so much worse than it is

Marvie_3

Banned
So the first goal scored by a player in a Rangers jersey this season was scored by Jimmy Vesey.

Vesey, Buchnevich, Kovacs, and Stromwall all looked good. Nobody else really. The top line was the only one that seemed to do consistent work in Carolina's zone.

Also, it was Vesey losing an edge and subsequently the puck that allowed Carolina to go back down the ice and win it in OT. So there was that. :D

All told, about what I expected, and good to see a few of the players who should be delivering actually do so.
Thats what he gets for not signing in Chicago.

Top Bottom