• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

zroid

Banned
I don't get why the scrimmages aren't being shown on Leafs TV, they've already gone to the trouble of doing play by play and streaming them anyways. All they're showing on Leafs TV right now are replays of old games to fill time.

Cake Boss

Banned
This is the best hockey game in a while holy shit I am legit surprised. A lot of polish that I didn't expect from this studio. Menus that actually work this year 😱😱

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Few notes from the Habs training camp so far:

- AGally is 100% the #1 center, Desharnais the third. They both know it, have been talked to about it and it has been confirmed by the coaches.

- Lehkonen is playing with AGally & BGally right now while Patches is away, he either plays in the NHL this year or goes back to Europe so it seems like they want to give him as much of a chance as possible

- Management has spoken to Beaulieu and told him that top pairing spot with Weber is for him to take and they're going to give him every opportunity, it's up to him now

As of now the opening day lineup should look like this unless a rookie really bumps a player out during the preseason

Patches - AGally - BGally
Shaw - Pleks - Radulov
Carr - Desharnais - Andrighetto
Byron - Mitchell - Danault

Beaulieu / Markov - Weber
Beaulieu / Markov - Petry
Emelin - Redmond / Pateryn / Barberio

Ideally a guy like Lehkonen would bump Shaw out of the top 6 and McCarron would replace DD at that 3rd line C spot. We have way too many bottom 6 guys, I don't know what Bergevin plans on doing with them all.

Who's the best goalie in the league right now? I'll go first. Cory followed by Carey.
So close.

OK OK I may be a Homer. I think Carey is the best. Hope that he's healthy so the Devils can rip him apart in the playoffs. Yeah I said it. Both are making it.

Stasis

If Carey returns to form (after injury) this season, yeah even I'll admit he's #1.

Hank had one season that was almost as good as Carey's best, but he's been consistent as fuck outside of last season really. A really solid run, always in contention. I take that into consideration as well, without bias tbh. Declining... inevitably due to age.

We'll see what he's like this year. Pretty positive Carey has a better year than Hank though! Hank needs to play less games I feel. 50-55 would be beneficial for a playoff run, assuming we make it =P

I feel like Carey could play all fucking 82 and still be a rockstar, lol.

imBask

Banned
Few notes from the Habs training camp so far:

- AGally is 100% the #1 center, Desharnais the third. They both know it, have been talked to about it and it has been confirmed by the coaches.

I feel like this is the hundreth time we've said that. It was the exact same scenario last year and Desharnais ended up on the first line 3 weeks in, I just can't believe that statement anymore

As long as Therrien is there, it'll keep happening

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I feel like this is the hundreth time we've said that. It was the exact same scenario last year and Desharnais ended up on the first line 3 weeks in, I just can't believe that statement anymore

As long as Therrien is there, it'll keep happening
AGally had never asserted himself like he did to finish the season last year. Therrien can't back away from it now, it's never been more clear than now. I've been concerned every other time I've heard this, but this year I'm not worried in the slightest.

imBask

Banned
AGally had never asserted himself like he did to finish the season last year. Therrien can't back away from it now, it's never been more clear than now. I've been concerned every other time I've heard this, but this year I'm not worried in the slightest.

I want to believe too, I want to

zroid

Banned
Canada is 44-1-1 with Toews in the lineup. That's insane.

Last week there was a feature on Sportsnet where they asked a bunch of TeamCan players to talk about how important and great Toews is. The way the media worships him is hilarious and weird.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
This is the best hockey game in a while holy shit I am legit surprised. A lot of polish that I didn't expect from this studio. Menus that actually work this year ����
Ehhhhhh, their menus still leave A LOT to be desired. They're still slow as fuck and the UX is just terrible. So many things left off certain screens that should shortcut you to other parts instead of having to back out of 3 screens then go back in to 2 or 3 other screens, case in point; The new "Sets"...

If I'm in my collection section and I see I have a duplicate of a player and want to send him to the a Set, I can't. I have to back all the way out the main HUT screen, go to Sets, choose the set, choose the team, then choose the actual player (which I have to remember, harder to do when you have duplicates of many players and you want to just sent them all to a set at once), perform a search, hope that the game doesn't bug out and actually shows me all his cards and not just one, then I can send him to the Set.

The fact that I can't just run a search for all players on the Ducks while I'm in the Ducks Set screen is mind boggling. I can only search for each individual player one at a time. It's maddening.

There's plenty of other UX examples for Edit Lines and Roster management that I just don't understand how were not addressed over the past 4+ years. When they're testing this stuff, you'd think the devs or focus groups would get super annoyed at not having these shortcuts or smoother experiences.

/rant

zroid

Banned
OK OK I may be a Homer. I think Carey is the best. Hope that he's healthy so the Devils can rip him apart in the playoffs. Yeah I said it. Both are making it.

I'll give you this. Schneider has been a lot more consistent throughout his career than Price. He's like Lundqvist 2.0.

Price had about a 1.5 year period of utter dominance where he was unquestionably the best, but apart from that he's been great but not spectacular. Which Price are we going to see this year?

Last week there was a feature on Sportsnet where they asked a bunch of TeamCan players to talk about how important and great Toews is. The way the media worships him is hilarious and weird.
Nah its not, he had been constantly great in team canada. And he is exactly how people (media) want hockey players to be.

imBask

Banned
That's good because people need to realize "stoner" stopped being creative since like NHL 12.

All I know is that he scored 1 goal in the first 20 games of the 2013 playoffs and still won the cup, sooo

gotta say, the fact that in some replays you can see signs in the crowd that goes "Harambe's fan club" or "Harambe's #1 fan" makes the game worth it

zroid

Banned
Nah its not, he had been constantly great in team canada. And he is exactly how people (media) want hockey players to be.

That's sort of what I'm saying. He gets idolized by the media because he so perfectly fits that template of what the Canadian media loves. There was a couple year stretch where the media went on a crusade to try and proclaim him the best hockey player in the world, even though he obviously doesn't have a case for it. I think it's died down lately, but one hot stretch by him coinciding with a Crosby slump and they'll start it back up again.

Ive tried to see him twice but plans fell through both times. Tonight should be fun.

You are in for a treat sir, and this being your birthday should make it extra special.

The great thing about having a home gym is having a beer with a workout. It's beautiful. And completely counter-productive.

Top Bottom